Secret christian organization

Sky,

Why would you post this obviously fact-based, whistle-blowing sensational piece of news in this forum? Don't you know that nobody takes any thread in this forum seriously?
I'm sure some people will be along shortly to discuss the evil Christians.

I would think Christians would find this elite group worth researching.

The movement in the U.S. is incorporated in the United States as a tax-free 501(c)(3) organization operating under the name The Fellowship Foundation. While they conduct no fundraising operations, they reported revenues of more than $12 million in 2003 from donations. Its mission statement is:

"To develop and maintain an informal association of people banded together, to go out as "ambassadors of reconciliation," modeling the principles of Jesus, based on loving God and loving others. To work with the leaders of other nations, and as their hearts are touched, the poor, the oppressed, the widows and the youth of their country will be impacted in a positive manner. It is said that youth groups will be developed under the thoughts of Jesus, including loving others as you want to be loved."

Their primary activity is to develop small support groups for members of Congress, businesspersons, and anyone else who is interested in the teachings of Jesus. Prayer groups have met in the Pentagon and at the Department of Defense. They have connections to the CIA. [5]

The movement maintains a three-story, 7,914-square-foot (735.2 m2) red brick townhouse at 133 C Street in Washington, D.C., near the United States Capitol. The townhouse used to be a convent. As many as six members of Congress, Democratic and Republican, live here while in Washington. In 2003, these men paid $600 a month to live there: U.S. Reps. Zach Wamp, R-Tenn.; Bart Stupak, D-Mich.; Jim DeMint, R-S.C.; and Mike Doyle, D-Pa.; and U.S. Sens. John Ensign, R-Nev.; and Sam Brownback, R-Kan. The house, which was valued at $1.1 million in 2003, is owned by a Fellowship sister group called the C Street Center. IRS records show that the Center received more than $145,000 in grants from the Fellowship between 1997 and 2000.[6]

There is no official membership of the group. Most members of Congress who participate are from the Republican Party but some Democrats such as Hillary Clinton (Doug Coe has been a spiritual mentor for Clinton) [7][8] participate as well. Senators who have been cited as members of the organization include Don Nickles and James Inhofe of Oklahoma, Charles Grassley of Iowa, Pete Domenici of New Mexico, John Ensign of Nevada, Bill Nelson of Florida, Conrad Burns of Montana. Members of the House who have been cited as participants include Frank Wolf of Virginia and Joseph Pitts of Pennsylvania.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_(Christian_political_organization)

Last edited:
The group's approach to religion, Sharlet says, is based on "a sort of trickle-down fundamentalism," which holds that the wealthy and powerful, if they "can get their hearts right with God ... will dispense blessings to those underneath them."

Members of the group ardently support free markets, in which, they believe, God's will operates directly through Adam Smith's "invisible hand."

The Family was founded in 1935 by a minister named Abraham Vereide after, he claimed, he had a vision in which God came to him in the person of the head of the United States Steel Corporation.

The current leader, Doug Coe, shuns publicity but wields considerable political influence as a spiritual adviser. Sharlet says that when Sanford recently compared his struggles to those of the biblical King David — a central figure in Family mythology — the author "could almost hear Doug Coe's voice" coming out of the South Carolina governor.

A religion expert and a journalist, Sharlet is a contributing editor for Harper's and Rolling Stone. He is editor of The Revealer, a review of religion and the press.
'Family': Fundamentalism, Friends In High Places : NPR

Seems to me that sky's real beef here is that these guys might out-lobby the GLBT.

Lobbyists for what sky wants = good

Lobbyists for what sky doesn't want = evil

Any questions?

big bad del....he wont let me post anything i want either....

okay sky...since you want to know what the fuck is my problem....due to this post...i will tell you....

1. you know the board rules..their arent many...but one is questioning mods in public

2. we are reading your thread...the one you feared would not be read

3. moving threads is not censorship....the thread is there to be read, no one is keeping it from the public ...now are they?

4. del is pretty laid back and pretty objective....takes a lot to get on his nerves

5. you are simply trying to bitch and cause trouble....

any more questions?

hell we are on page 3 of reading this...so how you being censored again? o the thread is not where you wanted it....

tell you what sky...buy the mother fucking board....or get on board with the board rules...

hell we are on page 3 of reading this...so how you being censored again? o the thread is not where you wanted it....

tell you what sky...buy the mother fucking board....or get on board with the board rules...

Tell you what bones. I'll just not post. Happy?

Forum List

Back