Second time Michelle's been proud

I've never quite understood this complaint because it seems to be a charge only leveled at successful Black people

When White boys from the wrong side of the tracks make it big nobody ever demands that they put back into their communities.

And give that there are twice as many White people living in poverty as poor Blacks in this nation, I'd have to say they're as obligated (or not) as Black people to give something back.

Why the double standard?

I dont know but I totally agree with you. This whole post is based around Michelle Obama and she is black so at that time in 1985 I dont think she was to worried about white people giving back to their local community because it would not affect her community. I think Michelle's view is that she believes(doesnt mean its true) that black people arent doing enough for their old community once they become successful. This is just what my opinion is based on what I read. I'm white so I wouldnt be able to debate this topic because I dont know.

You can't insist that you maintain a distinct and hostile culture...and also insist that the people you are hostile towards finance you.

It's one or the other.

And at the same time, maintain that those in the culture you are hostile towards have no right to feel hostile back...

Ali, once again check your facts on how long he was in a party that hates our Flag. You are a hypocrite on this one. Jump on Michelle for her remark, but not Tod for his beloning to a hate America party.

Don't blame me for your bad luck.

What a typical fucking compassionate conservative remark.:eek:

Jake Tapper reports that Sarah and Todd Palin are former members of the Alaskan Independence Party, whose motto is “Alaska First — Alaska Always.” The controversy, Tapper says, is over how hard the party has pushed for independence from the United States. But it gets a whole lot better than that.

According to Lynette Clark, a top party official with whom Tapper spoke, the Palins were members in 1994, and attended the party’s statewide convention, in Wasilla, that year. Sarah Palin quit the party in 1996 in order to run for mayor of Wasilla; there is no indication of when she first joined.

Why are these dates important? Because party founder Joe Vogler, who was chairman right up until his death in 1993, was a “sulphurous” presence known for his “‘America be damned’ rhetoric delivered at D-9-cat decibels,” according to an Anchorage Daily News editorial published in 1998.

America be damned? Gee, who does that remind you of? And could the Palins have been ignorant of Vogler’s views in 1994?

To this day, the Alaskan Independence Party’s Web site proudly carries the following quote from Vogler: “I’m an Alaskan, not an American. I’ve got no use for America or her damned institutions.” And Tapper found that Palin had sent a video message to the party’s annual convention just last year.

I don't believe a VP candidate's HUSBAND belonging briefly to a party in Alaska which lists secession as a possible option for remedying Alaskan issues (I know Alaskans, this is THE rogue state, where independence and self-sufficiency is #1) is an issue. I haven't heard him saying he hates America, nor do I read into that action a hatred against America.

It's a non-issue.

I dont know but I totally agree with you. This whole post is based around Michelle Obama and she is black so at that time in 1985 I dont think she was to worried about white people giving back to their local community because it would not affect her community. I think Michelle's view is that she believes(doesnt mean its true) that black people arent doing enough for their old community once they become successful. This is just what my opinion is based on what I read. I'm white so I wouldnt be able to debate this topic because I dont know.

I'm white and you said this paper was written around 1985 correct?

I figure you have to take in what was going on in the times too. I mean there may be more African Americans who are giving back to the community today but maybe not as many as in 1985. Same thing goes for white people and people of all creeds.

I don't believe a VP candidate's HUSBAND belonging briefly to a party in Alaska which lists secession as a possible option for remedying Alaskan issues (I know Alaskans, this is THE rogue state, where independence and self-sufficiency is #1) is an issue. I haven't heard him saying he hates America, nor do I read into that action a hatred against America.

It's a non-issue.

Why do I have a feeling your one of the people who jumped all over Michelle Obama when she made those comments which pissed off plenty of people in the GOP?

Actions speak louder then words.

Todd Palin Was Member Of Pro-Secession AIP - The Jed Report

Jeez, just this year Sarah Palin made a short video to the AIP saying "Keep up the good work, and god bless you." Or something along the lines of that.

Of course since it's Sarah Palin and she is a republican, this is a non-issue to the republicans.

Though even dare bring up one of their own might be..:eek: Unpatriotic! The party that continues to slam Barack Obama and accuse him of the very same thing up into the Republican Convention and probably beyond.

Why do I have a feeling your one of the people who jumped all over Michelle Obama when she made those comments which pissed off plenty of people in the GOP?

Actions speak louder then words.

Todd Palin Was Member Of Pro-Secession AIP - The Jed Report

Jeez, just this year Sarah Palin made a short video to the AIP saying "Keep up the good work, and god bless you." Or something along the lines of that.

Of course since it's Sarah Palin and she is a republican, this is a non-issue to the republicans.

Though even dare bring up one of their own might be..:eek: Unpatriotic! The party that continues to slam Barack Obama and accuse him of the very same thing up into the Republican Convention and probably beyond.

Funny how he jumped out right before her election. She is the same old lying, tight ass we would expect from the Republicans. I feel sorry for Republican women because they believe John Mccain actually wanted Palen there because she was the best pick. He is using her for the Hillary vote and the angry women vote.

Forum List

Back