Second Stimulus Package?

Meister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 15, 2009
Conservative part of the Northwest
Just last summer when I first heard about this, the liberals told me that it was just right wing fear mongering, and no such package would happen. Well, WTF...

In a meeting with President Obama today at the White House, top labor leaders pushed for a second stimulus package to create more jobs.

“Since the onset of the recession, this country has lost an astounding 6.5 million jobs and $14 trillion in wealth. We support the President's recovery and reinvestment program, and we believe it should be substantially reinforced with more stimulus, creating millions of good jobs that cannot be outsourced,” the National Labor Coordinating Committee (NLCC) said in a statement after the meeting.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalp...s-push-obama-for-second-stimulus-package.html

A large proportion of the funds in the White House’s $787 billion economic stimulus bill remain unused. No matter. There is growing chatter in Washington in favor of another another stimulus bill, the third since the economy soured nearly two years ago.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/economy/round-stimulus-smaller---experts/

Of course, we can't get this through the MSM.....but it's coming down the puipeline. I wonder how those naysayers from last summer are going to spin it this time?

Last edited:
Just last summer when I first heard about this, the liberals told me that it was just right wing fear mongering, and no such package would happen. Well, WTF...

Chuck Schumer wants a second stimulus package
By Michelle Malkin • January 24, 2008 01:18 PM Camel’s nose under the tent, as I’ve said before. I’m watching Chuckie Schumer on the Senate floor right now heralding Pelosi and Boehner for hammering out the tax rebate agreements for a $150 billion economic stimulus package. That proposal will be announced today at 1:30pm Eastern.

But, of course, it’s not enough.

In addition to $180 million for “Housing Counseling Assistance” that he helped stick into the omnibus spending bill, Schumer wants more money for counseling borrowers who should have known better before buying more house than they could afford.

And he wants a second stimulus package to deal with “infrastructure.” Whatever the hell that means.

They’ve only just begun.

Hans Bader at OpenMarket.org points out that Welfare + Discrimination = “Stimulus Package:”

Michelle Malkin » Chuck Schumer wants a second stimulus package

Of course, we can't get this throught the MSM.....but it's coming down the puipeline. I wonder how those naysayers from last summer are going to spin it this time?

They tell us that we are crazy but then it happens....

A second package is almost a certainty. Alan Blinder wrote about what to do in Mon's WSJ op-ed and said creating government jobs in a recession was a smart thing.
It isn't.
The shame is that the administration seems clueless as to what to do but the answers are pretty obvious.

A second package is almost a certainty. Alan Blinder wrote about what to do in Mon's WSJ op-ed and said creating government jobs in a recession was a smart thing.
It isn't.
The shame is that the administration seems clueless as to what to do but the answers are pretty obvious.

I'm not so sure that they're clueless, but I do believe it's not in their agenda to do what's right.

Forum List

Back