Second Iraq War Vet Hurt During Oakland Clash With Police

BTW, if the police kindly let him in, I bet about 4,000 OWS'ers all of a sudden would've "I LIVE IN THERE".

As one who stood many-a-police line in Atlanta, you hear "But I live in there" about 1,000 times from every person trying to get through for whatever reason. A police LINE is sort of like a military line, we kinda dont let people to waltz through.

But again.....lots of cops disagree with the Tea Party. Dont recall many cops beating TP folks.

Hmm. Line of police. Go AROUND. Or through. He chose badly.

The police were barricading his block - as in, the were keeping protesters off the block. He wasn't a protester, he was a resident of the block. The police had no right to stop him, let alone beat him and arrest him.

So they formed a giant square around only his block? I call bullshit. He WAS a protestor. It said he went the day before. And obviously hadn't gotten home yet.

As an Iraq war vet, maybe he'd know that large crowds of unruly people who are assaultive towards the armed authorities can end with innocent people being hurt.

I dont feel much pity.

You know what? Nevermind.

I'm going to stop making assumptions here - I don't know what the situation was. Perhaps he was being violent, perhaps not. Until we hear more about this story, no one really knows what happened.

I would suggest you do the same.

The police were barricading his block - as in, the were keeping protesters off the block. He wasn't a protester, he was a resident of the block. The police had no right to stop him, let alone beat him and arrest him.

Thats true, unless he didn't obey their orders. I've had my entrance to my neighborhood blocked before by police, doesn't mean I go up and argue with em.

I still don't see what him being a vet has anything to do with the story though. Did the police ask him if he was a vet, then beat him down because of it?

I don't care that he's a vet. I'd be just as pissed no matter who it was.

I'd be just as pissed if it was a Tea Partier.

Pissed about what? He tried to unlawfully break through a uniformed police line. What the fuck did he, or you, think would happen?????

So they formed a giant square around only his block? I call bullshit. He WAS a protestor. It said he went the day before. And obviously hadn't gotten home yet.

As an Iraq war vet, maybe he'd know that large crowds of unruly people who are assaultive towards the armed authorities can end with innocent people being hurt.

I dont feel much pity.

I'm going to stop making assumptions here - I don't know what the situation was. Perhaps he was being violent, perhaps not. Until we hear more about this story, no one really knows what happened.

Fair enough. But we know two facts:

1- There was a lawful, uniformed, clearly marked police line.

2- He got too close, whatever his intent may have been.

I dont feel much pity.

We actually don't even know those things. All we actually know is a story that his friend told, and confirmation from the police that he was arrested "under suspicion of resisting arrest".

Thats true, unless he didn't obey their orders. I've had my entrance to my neighborhood blocked before by police, doesn't mean I go up and argue with em.

I still don't see what him being a vet has anything to do with the story though. Did the police ask him if he was a vet, then beat him down because of it?

You're missing the point. The article's headline mentions that he is an Iraq War Vet. Why would they even mention that? If the police had no idea, then why even mention it in the story?

They put it there simply to incur sympathy for their beloved "Occupy" movement that the left wing media is pushing.

Its like writing a headline "Police throw grandmother in jail!" when they arrest an older female that commits a crime and happens to have kids.

Because they are using that deceptive tactic there is no reason to believe anything else they write in the story.

We actually don't even know those things. All we actually know is a story that his friend told, and confirmation from the police that he was arrested "under suspicion of resisting arrest".

Ah. Yeah, that really is a foggy set of facts. Not much of a story for now.

You're missing the point. The article's headline mentions that he is an Iraq War Vet. Why would they even mention that? If the police had no idea, then why even mention it in the story?

They put it there simply to incur sympathy for their beloved "Occupy" movement that the left wing media is pushing.

Its like writing a headline "Police throw grandmother in jail!" when they arrest an older female that commits a crime and happens to have kids.

Because they are using that deceptive tactic there is no reason to believe anything else they write in the story.

Here in Charleston the known-left wing paper Post and Courrier ran a cop story last week. The cop came to a 911 call where a man asked for "help" with a mental patient at a home. When the cop arrived, the mental patient lunged at him, tackled him, went for his gun, and started choking him. The patient was far bigger and stronger than the cop, and the cop was under him losing the fight and he shot the mental patient. Had he not, the patient would easily have won the fight and taken his gun from him.

The paper's header? "Cop responds to 911 call for help; Shoots man." Rather than "Mental patient attacks cop; Patient shot"

P&C is notoriously anti-cop, like most left wing outlets.

Headlines are always sensational. That's the point of the headline - to make people read the story.

So, how was he supposed to get home? His apartment was on the other side of the "line of police".

Hmm. Line of police. Go AROUND. Or through. He chose badly.

I think I might have tried approaching the police with both hands held up with my ID which would have my address on it and ask for an officer to please help and verify my address and status. But then I bet he wouldn't have thought about being intelligent. And if the line of police were occupied with other occupiers he shouldn't have been anywhere near them. That is if he truly just wanted to go home.

But he is and had been participating in a violent demonstration. Tells you how intelligent he is.

Forum List

Back