Seceding from the Union?

Which state or states did you have im mind?

I keep suggesting to John Baldacchi that we should petition to become part of Canada, but he seems reluctant to consider that idea.

I hear that even Susan Collins is begging him to do it also =) i jk i jk

And yes unfortunately I believe that Abelian Sea is 100% correct.
"No modern American Revolution will have any chance of long-term success unless significant portions of the military joins it."

Our military is probably our ONLY hope, because everyone else is too concerned with the politics.
As for the remarks about being ALLOWED to succeed... you think we should ASK PERMISSION to succeed? what are you smoking? please pass to the left...
We would need our military but we would also need everyone to lose this "are we allowed to do that?" mentality.

Did they ask us to hijack our country?
Did they ask you to foot a 700 billion dollar bill, to bail out the same criminals who got us in this situation?
Did they ask your permission to suspend some of your constitutional rights?
Did they ask our permission to give the ability to print money to a private organization, or to pay to borrow money from these supposed "feds"?
and the list go's on and on and on...

You don't ask permission to succeed or revolt,
you don't write your representatives asking them to do it for you,
you don't let a judge or court decide if you are allowed,
you cock the hammer and do it.

Just pray that if and when we finally get organized and do it, the military and police either join us, or stand aside and watch from the sidelines.

people will have to go hungry first and their children before they are ready to kill..there belly's are still to full.. It is coming however.. food rations ..gas rations...people are at least feeling the fear a little.. not to many people question the logic of my dehydrated food supply or putting my modest investments in gold anymore..I also have a water proof container with some water proof matches and a couple joints I carry at all times.. in case they drop the big one ..so I can blast a few while I wait for the shock-wave and nuclear winds...that one still raises few eyebrows however

people will have to go hungry first and their children before they are ready to kill..there belly's are still to full.. It is coming however.. food rations ..gas rations...people are at least feeling the fear a little.. not to many people question the logic of my dehydrated food supply or putting my modest investments in gold anymore..I also have a water proof container with some water proof matches and a couple joints I carry at all times.. in case they drop the big one ..so I can blast a few while I wait for the shock-wave and nuclear winds...that one still raises few eyebrows however

Why didn't I think of that :cool: May as well enjoy the show! jk

My contention is this Gunny , that a state that requests to leave the Union, the challenge will be presented with Texas v. White in mind. While The Articles of Confederation arguement is a weak one in my mind. It seems to me that if a state is bent on leaving the Union and addresses the issues I stated in Article IV and Article V then they take away whatever defense there is to this issue. I completely agree that anyone entering into a contract in good faith should be allowed out of that contract the same way they came into the contract. It also in my opinion needs to be a matter of the individual state and the people that reside in that state to decide. When someone wishes to join the Union does it not take a majority vote by the population of that state to enter into statehood? It would seem to me a matter of reversing the process. My original contention though is based on the fact you have that decision staring you in the face and an Article under the constitution it was based on. So to overturn Texas v. White would be a lot easier with an amendment to the constitution addressing those issues. It would depend I suppose on the feelings of the Court you are in front of though.

Circumventing our talking past each other, we are basically in agreement where the law is concerned, except that you believe a Constitutional Amendment would be the easiest way to address the issue while I stated on was not necessary?

In that, I cannot disagree with you. I didn't really consider it because it's about as likely as me bench pressing 500 lbs.:lol:

I hear that even Susan Collins is begging him to do it also =) i jk i jk

And yes unfortunately I believe that Abelian Sea is 100% correct.
"No modern American Revolution will have any chance of long-term success unless significant portions of the military joins it."

Our military is probably our ONLY hope, because everyone else is too concerned with the politics.
As for the remarks about being ALLOWED to succeed... you think we should ASK PERMISSION to succeed? what are you smoking? please pass to the left...
We would need our military but we would also need everyone to lose this "are we allowed to do that?" mentality.

Did they ask us to hijack our country?
Did they ask you to foot a 700 billion dollar bill, to bail out the same criminals who got us in this situation?
Did they ask your permission to suspend some of your constitutional rights?
Did they ask our permission to give the ability to print money to a private organization, or to pay to borrow money from these supposed "feds"?
and the list go's on and on and on...

You don't ask permission to succeed or revolt,
you don't write your representatives asking them to do it for you,
you don't let a judge or court decide if you are allowed,
you cock the hammer and do it.

Just pray that if and when we finally get organized and do it, the military and police either join us, or stand aside and watch from the sidelines.

That was tried. A lot of people died while rich Yankees and Southerners fought a war using the poor of both sides for control of this nation and its wealth. The side that seceded did not fare well in the end.

The way to defeat the US is the way all of its enemies have. Use our own laws against us to tie our hands behind our backs. Works like a charm.

Your aspirations to greatness know no bounds.:smoke:

I've got my fiddle.

I'm ready for Rome to burn.

It you think for a moment an armed revoluton will bring about some change in the United States with the help of the United States Military, think again. We tried that one already, as Gunny mentioned, a little thing called the Civil War. If you want to see how a society crumbles and eventually falls look at Ancient Rome, and the reasons for it's demise.

Decline in Morals and Values,Public Health,Political Corruption,Unemployment, Inflation,
Urban Decay,Military Spending, and Inferior Technology

See a pattern there? You don't need a military for an all out revolution expecially here in this country.

"The best way to destroy the capitalist system is to debauch the currency".
Vladimir Lenin

We seem to be doing a good enough job of it ourselves without any help, my contention was that a single state that wanted to withdraw from the Union is not without remedy but they are facing a steep climb.

people will have to go hungry first and their children before they are ready to kill..there belly's are still to full..

Yep:

Declaration of Independence said:
...all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

(that is such an awesome document)

That was tried. A lot of people died while rich Yankees and Southerners fought a war using the poor of both sides for control of this nation and its wealth. The side that seceded did not fare well in the end.

Thats because they had us shooting eachother, we just need to adjust our aim...

I've got my fiddle.

I'm ready for Rome to burn.
:clap2: I'm with ya on this one... :woohoo:

Originally Posted by Declaration of Independence
"...all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed."

Sad but true.
I would say the Biggest problem that we face, is that we're too busy arguing among ourselves :meow: over the details.

The only reason conservatives will vote for McCain is because the alternative is Obama.

True, the double neg effect, or lessor of the 2 evils, polls dont mean anything they were even rigged(ACORN??), thats why Bush ordered troops in the streets because of the coming upset, Obama will more than likely, go to jail for excepting over seas campaign contributuions and his birth certificate is in question in supreme court as we speak.........rioting could breakout all over...So grab the popcorn, pull up the recliner, turn on the news, you fixin to see the rioters get the s**t kicked out them by the Military Police, then sent off to one of the 3000 luxurious Fema concentration camps in the USA lol

Last edited:

The way to defeat the US is the way all of its enemies have. Use our own laws against us to tie our hands behind our backs. Works like a charm.
Exactly Russians have been doing this to the USA for at least the last 60 years good post:clap2:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back