Seceding from the Union?

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
With the state of our federal government pretty much sticking it to the US citizens would seceding from the union be a bad thing?

Any ideas?

Which state or states did you have im mind?

I keep suggesting to John Baldacchi that we should petition to become part of Canada, but he seems reluctant to consider that idea.

I guess what I would like to see happen, is liberal states form their own union and conservative states form their own union... Wouldn't this make everyone happy?

Not really. The liberal union would cause no end of difficulty, would screw up their own citizenry and we'd end up accepting them as refugees as they fled, then be forced to fight the corrupt regimes of the left.

Not really. The liberal union would cause no end of difficulty, would screw up their own citizenry and we'd end up accepting them as refugees as they fled, then be forced to fight the corrupt regimes of the left.

:lol: sorry, remind us again who is being bailed out here? oh that's right Wall Street and Banks!

Remind us again who sent us into trillions of dollars of debt? oh that's right the Cons

Remind us again who got us into an unwinable war of choice? cons

with all your guns and anger issues you all wouldn't last very long before you killed each other off...

hmmm maybe that is a good idea afterall... :eusa_whistle:

:lol: sorry, remind us again who is being bailed out here? oh that's right Wall Street and Banks!

Remind us again who sent us into trillions of dollars of debt? oh that's right the Cons

Remind us again who got us into an unwinable war of choice? cons

with all your guns and anger issues you all wouldn't last very long before you killed each other off...

hmmm maybe that is a good idea afterall... :eusa_whistle:

Liberals believe in bigger government so these people, including President Bush would live in the liberal states... They are not true conservatives. True conservatives believe in smaller government... So you are wrong, they are Republicans, not conservatives.

Liberals believe in bigger government so these people, including President Bush would live in the liberal states... They are not true conservatives. True conservatives believe in smaller government... So you are wrong, they are Republicans, not conservatives.

i dont understand how a true conservative could vote for the republicans anymore. right now, the libertarians are closer to the conservative view than the repubs, imo

i dont understand how a true conservative could vote for the republicans anymore. right now, the libertarians are closer to the conservative view than the repubs, imo

You are dead on... The only reason why conservatives will come out for McCain this election is because of Palin... There was no excitement to support McCain. I guess that's why liberals want to totally tear her apart. Although, I thought liberals were for tolerance and acceptance of other people's views.... :cuckoo:

The only reason conservatives will vote for McCain is because the alternative is Obama.

I'm moving to Petoria. E. Peterbus Unum!

FGEPeterbusUnum.png

The only reason conservatives will vote for McCain is because the alternative is Obama.

not if they vote 3rd party. there ARE more than 2 candidates running. you dont need to vote dem or repub

Do you actually know which states have the highest GSPs, have the lowest crime, the highest standards of living, and which pay the most Federal incomes taxes in, but which also get the least back from the Feds?

The blue States.

Believe me, if the USA divided into Red and Blue states, the Red states would come out of it a lot worse off than they are currently.

You guys in the Red states would get most of our military bases, most of our military retired, most of the least educated and poorest populations, and you'd have most of the minorities and illegal immigrants, too.

You would corner the market on ocra and grits, though, if that makes ya'll feel any better about things.

The blue states would get the vast majority of world class universities, nobel prize winners, high tech industries, and the highest paid and best educated populations. We'd have most of the Jews, too, thank God!

We'd also have the market cornered on chablis and brie.

This is deal I do not think would be in the interests of the average Republican living in a Red state.

I think we're all better off with 50 states even if we can't stand one another.

Think of it as a marriage of inconvenience.

One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all (who can afford it)

Do you actually know which states have the highest GSPs, have the lowest crime, the highest standards of living, and which pay the most Federal incomes taxes in, but which also get the least back from the Feds?

The blue States.

Believe me, if the USA divided into Red and Blue states, the Red states would come out of it a lot worse off than they are currently.

You guys in the Red states would get most of our military bases, most of our military retired, most of the least educated and poorest populations, and you'd have most of the minorities and illegal immigrants, too.

You would corner the market on ocra and grits, though, if that makes ya'll feel any better about things.

The blue states would get the vast majority of world class universities, nobel prize winners, high tech industries, and the highest paid and best educated populations. We'd have most of the Jews, too, thank God!

We'd also have the market cornered on chablis and brie.

This is deal I do not think would be in the interests of the average Republican living in a Red state.

I think we're all better off with 50 states even if we can't stand one another.

Think of it as a marriage of inconvenience.

One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all (who can afford it)

Do you have any reasons to support what you say?

Out of curiousity, why would poor people choose to live in a Red State when they can get everything handed to them by living in a blue state?

With the state of our federal government pretty much sticking it to the US citizens would seceding from the union be a bad thing?

Any ideas?

Did I give you the idea to ask this question? I wrote this last night

I'd like to let red states follow the gop and blue states can follow the dems and watch your economy crumble and fall apart.

You'd go bankrupt and all the working class would move to the greatest 25 states in our once great country.

You ceo's that saved your $50 million in red dollars, that's only worth $50k in blue states. But don't worry, even though there is no good old boys network, or rich family to bail you out, I'm sure with your smarts and never quit attitude, you'll be a success again one day because anyone that wants to can make it in a blue america.

Forum List

Back