Sec State nominee Kerry- climate change top of agenda

Thanatos -

There are probably around one thousand qualified scientists working in the area of climate research.

The University of Norwich scandal involved two of them.

Again - how do you explain the fact that dozens of different research units right around the world, run and funded by a huge variety of different methods and working with some 50 ot 60 major indepdent science bodies, all tell us much the same thing?

Katz -

I'm sure you don't believe that any more than I do - but how do you explain the thousands of pieces of researhc conducted under conditions in which money was not an issue?

Do you mean the studies that were exposed by the East Anglia memos?

Yes, those are the ones I mean too.

Global warming is a hoax. The idea that human beings can stop hurricanes if they just stopped driving their cars is absolutely laughable. It's not science it's superstition.

Katz -

No one has suggested any such thing - obviously.

Do try and keep in mind that ALL of the worlds major scientific organisations - and there are more than 50 of them - have confirmed that human acitivity plays a role in climate change. Globaly, most people understand this.

You can carry on with your hilarious international conspircy stories as long as you like; but I for one don't believe that you believe them.

Thanatos -

There are probably around one thousand qualified scientists working in the area of climate research.

The University of Norwich scandal involved two of them.

Again - how do you explain the fact that dozens of different research units right around the world, run and funded by a huge variety of different methods and working with some 50 ot 60 major indepdent science bodies, all tell us much the same thing?

If you pay a person and demand certain results guess what happens????

Thanatos -

Try reading my last sentence there, and commenting on that.

What you really need to try and understand is that in many countries, funding for units simply could not be linked to the results of that research. The two things have nothing to do with each other, because of the way funding is arranged.

At the moment your argument makes absolutely no sense at all.

Thanatos -

Try reading my last sentence there, and commenting on that.

What you really need to try and understand is that in many countries, funding for units simply could not be linked to the results of that research. The two things have nothing to do with each other, because of the way funding is arranged.

At the moment your argument makes absolutely no sense at all.

So communist from many countries demanding the same results make it more valid?????

Thanatos -

No, I'm talking here about countries with conservative governments, and the way they fund universities. The UK, Finland & New Zealand is a good start, I think. They all have CONSERVATIVE governments.

What you need to understand is that most university funding isn't for any particular research study or even for a particular faculty - it's up to the research scientists themselves what research they conduct and what conclusions they draw from them.

Hence, your idea they are somehow paid to product particular results is nonsensical.

Last edited:
trying to reason w/ both thanatos & katzndogs? I applaud you sir, They are two of the most strident rw tools on the board. I notice they haven't used any links on this page to back up what they're saying as well. Its what they (don't) do. Lazy conservatives= sheeple.

Thanatos -

No, I'm talking here about countries with conservative governments, and the way they fund universities. The UK, Finland & New Zealand is a good start, I think. They all have CONSERVATIVE governments.

What you need to understand is that most university funding isn't for any particular research study or even for a particular faculty - it's up to the research scientists themselves what research they conduct and what conclusions they draw from them.

Hence, your idea they are somehow paid to product particular results is nonsensical.
Your under the illusion that conservative means the same thing over the pond and it doesn't.... They have never had a country as free as ours so they cant be the same kind of conservative.

trying to reason w/ both thanatos & katzndogs? I applaud you sir, They are two of the most strident rw tools on the board. I notice they haven't used any links on this page to back up what they're saying as well. Its what they (don't) do. Lazy conservatives= sheeple.

You need to look up the definition of sheeple ....Cause the only ones blindly following what their dear leaders tell them is you.

There has been enough independent data on the hoax of climate change that it is easily ascertainable. Starting with the East Anglia e-mails.

Even if global warming was real, it ended 16 years ago. Because periods of warming and cooling are cyclical.

Thanatos -

I agree that the word 'conservative' is used a little differently in the US, but the fact remains that a dozen countries around the world right now have genuine conservative governments.

In almost every case you will find those governments and parties have developed policies on climate change based on reliable science.

Plus...

What you need to understand is that most university funding isn't for any particular research study or even for a particular faculty - it's up to the research scientists themselves what research they conduct and what conclusions they draw from them. Hence, your idea they are somehow paid to product particular results is nonsensical.

Even if global warming was real, it ended 16 years ago. .

2012 hottest year on record in contiguous U.S., NOAA says.

Temperatures in the contiguous United States last year were the hottest in more than a century of record-keeping, shattering the mark set in 1998 by a wide margin, the federal government announced Tuesday.

The average temperature in 2012 was 55.3 degrees, one degree above the previous record and 3.2 degrees higher than the 20th-century average, scientists at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said. They described the data as part of a longer-term trend of hotter, drier and potentially more extreme weather.

2012 hottest year on record in contiguous U.S., NOAA says - Washington Post

Really, Katz, it's about time you looked at this issue with a more open mind.

does this administation sound like this?

SNIP:
ExplosiveReports.Com
June 18, 2009

It has been elaborately pointed out how the device of environmentalism is especially favoured by tyrants as a means of controlling their subjects. The current ‘green’ movement, as we know, is no exception. It has been nurtured from its very conception as a systematic eugenics operation by the deep pockets of the Rockefeller- and Ford Foundations. Throughout the 20th century there have been multiple examples of tyrants implementing a very strict environmental policy to which their subjects had to conform, sometimes through the collection of taxes, sometimes at the barrel of a gun; usually a subtle mixture of the two. It is a well documented though seldom highlighted fact that the Nazis were very much into environmentalism- not for environmentalism’s sake of course, but rather as a means of oppression and control. As it turns out, environmentalism fits the form of tyranny like a well tailored suit.
all of it here
Green Nazis: Environmentalism in the Third Reich | ExplosiveReports.Com

There has been enough independent data on the hoax of climate change that it is easily ascertainable. Starting with the East Anglia e-mails.

Even if global warming was real, it ended 16 years ago. Because periods of warming and cooling are cyclical.
link? :eusa_eh:
Even if global warming was real, it ended 16 years ago. .

2012 hottest year on record in contiguous U.S., NOAA says.

Temperatures in the contiguous United States last year were the hottest in more than a century of record-keeping, shattering the mark set in 1998 by a wide margin, the federal government announced Tuesday.

The average temperature in 2012 was 55.3 degrees, one degree above the previous record and 3.2 degrees higher than the 20th-century average, scientists at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said. They described the data as part of a longer-term trend of hotter, drier and potentially more extreme weather.

2012 hottest year on record in contiguous U.S., NOAA says - Washington Post

Really, Katz, it's about time you looked at this issue with a more open mind.

She's afraid what she might find,

does this administation sound like this?

SNIP:
ExplosiveReports.Com
June 18, 2009

It has been elaborately pointed out how the device of environmentalism is especially favoured by tyrants as a means of controlling their subjects. The current ‘green’ movement, as we know, is no exception. It has been nurtured from its very conception as a systematic eugenics operation by the deep pockets of the Rockefeller- and Ford Foundations. Throughout the 20th century there have been multiple examples of tyrants implementing a very strict environmental policy to which their subjects had to conform, sometimes through the collection of taxes, sometimes at the barrel of a gun; usually a subtle mixture of the two. It is a well documented though seldom highlighted fact that the Nazis were very much into environmentalism- not for environmentalism’s sake of course, but rather as a means of oppression and control. As it turns out, environmentalism fits the form of tyranny like a well tailored suit.
all of it here
Green Nazis: Environmentalism in the Third Reich | ExplosiveReports.Com

No, it doesn't and frankly, trying to pretend you live in thread of being herded into death camps and gassed is grossly insulting to the millions of people who died under Hitler. Fascism is not something to joke about, and the fact that you think it is tells me you have never experienced genuine oppression and have little idea what it means.

Try and post with a little dignity.

New Topics

Forum List

Back