Sebelius: Insurers Will Be Punished For Telling The Truth

That's what tort actions are for. If the government wishes to sue an insurer for libel or defamation, then let them follow the proper process. Restricting speech as a condition of getting business is an abuse of power.

Wat. You seem to not get the fact that nobody is forcing these companies to do anything. The government can pick and choose who gets a contract, just like a boss of a company can choose which suppliers he wants supplying his company. Just like the shareholders of a publicly traded company however, we the shareholders of the government can vote against the boss if we don't like what the boss is doing.

You gotta be fucking kidding us. They are forced to insure 26 year old basement dwellers. They are forced to insure people with pre existing conditions, ie. if you have a bad heart and you know it they are forced to insure your ass the night before open heart surgery,, you are so fucking stupid.

That's what tort actions are for. If the government wishes to sue an insurer for libel or defamation, then let them follow the proper process. Restricting speech as a condition of getting business is an abuse of power.

Wat. You seem to not get the fact that nobody is forcing these companies to do anything. The government can pick and choose who gets a contract, just like a boss of a company can choose which suppliers he wants supplying his company. Just like the shareholders of a publicly traded company however, we the shareholders of the government can vote against the boss if we don't like what the boss is doing.

if you have a bad heart and you know it they are forced to insure your ass the night before open heart surgery,, you are so fucking stupid.

This is really how you think it will work? Please tell me you're being serious.

You honestly don't see the benefit at all about preventing the exclusion of people with preexisting conditions?

You gotta be fucking kidding us. They are forced to insure 26 year old basement dwellers. They are forced to insure people with pre existing conditions, ie. if you have a bad heart and you know it they are forced to insure your ass the night before open heart surgery,, you are so fucking stupid.

So wait, you want women who were domestic abuse victims and or pregnant to not have the ability to get health insurance?

You seem to not get the fact that the whole reason why government needed to get rid of pre-existing conditions in the first place is because companies would keep people insured until something happens to them (not pre-existing by the way) and then drop them like a sack of potatoes. It was both morally and ethically reprehensible.

if you have a bad heart and you know it they are forced to insure your ass the night before open heart surgery,, you are so fucking stupid.

You honestly don't see the benefit at all about preventing the exclusion of people with preexisting conditions?

that's exactrly how it will work, and all the rates will skyrocket. Someone has to pay for the 30 million who don't pay. Who do you think that's going to be? Sebellius? Think again. asswipe

that's exactrly how it will work, and all the rates will skyrocket. Someone has to pay for the 30 million who don't pay. Who do you think that's going to be? Sebellius? Think again. asswipe

You're making piss poor assumptions which quickly become piss poor conclusions. You're automatically assuming that all 30 million people aren't going to be paying a dime or don't want to. In fact, the opposite is true in many if not most cases. Once again, people who were unable to get health insurance previously due to pre-existing conditions will now be able to. People who were kicked off their parents plans but still in college can now once again get insurance and pay their premiums.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LRcLMScEqo]YouTube - Obama You can keep your doctor[/ame]

I wonder if Kathleen "re-education" Sebelius has spoken with Obama's "Czar of the 'current truth' and public information" point man about some new talking points yet?

If it's not Big Bad Bush it's Big Bad Business. :lol:

So wait, you want women who were domestic abuse victims and or pregnant to not have the ability to get health insurance?

You seem to not get the fact that the whole reason why government needed to get rid of pre-existing conditions in the first place is because companies would keep people insured until something happens to them (not pre-existing by the way) and then drop them like a sack of potatoes. It was both morally and ethically reprehensible.

That's beside the point. I ask again. Who do you think is gonna pay the bill. You say the insurance companies can't blame obama care. So who is gonna pay for all this lavish unfunded health care? Who. Tell us boy.

You're making piss poor assumptions which quickly become piss poor conclusions. You're automatically assuming that all 30 million people aren't going to be paying a dime or don't want to. In fact, the opposite is true in many if not most cases. Once again, people who were unable to get health insurance previously due to pre-existing conditions will now be able to. People who were kicked off their parents plans but still in college can now once again get insurance and pay their premiums.

I think your assumptions are much more piss poor than mine. So, suddenly out of the clear blue 30 million people who weren't previously insured are now gonna step up and pay their own way? How fucking stupid can you get. Oh wait

LOL, wow. Amazing the level of ignorance as to how the bill will actually work. I'll give you a little education on this portion, which you seem to be severely misinformed about.

There will be enrollment periods at set times during the year, which will prevent people from going around with no insurance until the minute before they need it. Make sense?

And people without insurance now, when they go to the Emergency room and get treated, who do you think pays for that? Does the hospital just eat the cost? Does the insurance company pick up the tab out of the goodness of their heart? No, we are already paying for these people through increased rates.

Why didn't you answer my 2nd question before.....You honestly don't see the benefit at all about preventing the exclusion of people with preexisting conditions?

Why are you so hostile and continue to insult with every post you make? I don't get it.

Doubtful. Once they see how expensive it will be to have coverage as a high risk, they will do what they have always done. Either Medicaid or no coverage will be the best choices.

I think your assumptions are much more piss poor than mine. So, suddenly out of the clear blue 30 million people who weren't previously insured are now gonna step up and pay their own way? How fucking stupid can you get. Oh wait

Did I say they were all going to pay 100%? Nope. I said a good deal of them want to and or will do so. You seem to have little knowledge of both how our health care system has worked and what these changes mean.

The heartbreak of economic illiteracy on parade.

LOL, wow. Amazing the level of ignorance as to how the bill will actually work. I'll give you a little education on this portion, which you seem to be severely misinformed about.

There will be enrollment periods at set times during the year, which will prevent people from going around with no insurance until the minute before they need it. Make sense?

And people without insurance now, when they go to the Emergency room and get treated, who do you think pays for that? Does the hospital just eat the cost? Does the insurance company pick up the tab out of the goodness of their heart? No, we are already paying for these people through increased rates.

Why didn't you answer my 2nd question before.....You honestly don't see the benefit at all about preventing the exclusion of people with preexisting conditions?

Why are you so hostile and continue to insult with every post you make? I don't get it.

I'm tired of asking questions and being met with a question. I'm not answering your damn questions til you answer mine. Who is gonna pay for all this glorious unfunded health care for 30 million new people?

Did I say they were all going to pay 100%? Nope. I said a good deal of them want to and or will do so. You seem to have little knowledge of both how our health care system has worked and what these changes mean.

:lol::lol: you are an idiot, if they wanted to pay for their insurance they'd have done so already. No, they want us to pay for them. Most of us found a way without begging for someone else to do it for us.

Most of America is working on their first or second heart attack. You want real prevention? Try more emphasis on healthy living.

:lol::lol: you are an idiot, if they wanted to pay for their insurance they'd have done so already.

Unless they had a preexisting condition, preventing them from buying that insurance. Amazing how dense you are.

No, it's exactly the point.

She has no interest in an intelligent discussion. Many others here are capable, unfortunately she is not one of them. She is only interested in hearing the information she wants to hear and nothing else, despite what the reality of the situation is.

then ignore me asswipe.

Excellent advice. I think starting now, I'll try my best to do that, since you decided to ignore all of my earlier posts where I said that the cost control portion of this bill is not good and would need further work.

Forum List

Back