Sebelius Cracks! Admits the Obamacare Books Were Cooked

The T

George S. Patton Party
May 24, 2009
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
Sebelius Cracks! Admits the Obamacare Books Were Cooked

As if we didn't already know this?

The House Energy and Commerce Health Subcommittee invited Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to swing by and have a little chin wag about the budgetary implications of ObamaCare. Representative John Shimkus (R-IL) noticed that the rather large sum of $500 billion was dedicated to both sustaining Medicare and funding ObamaCare. When he asked Sebelius which destiny awaited those five hundred billion clams, she replied, "Both."

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i just saw this too. further, its not as if we didn't already have confirmation, as to the 'context' lapses etc.

this along with last months questions and answers ala the medicare actuary should be required reading.

and-

The actuary’s report made this crystal clear last summer:

Bad though all of this is, none of it is actually the worst gimmick in the official report’s advertised improvement in Medicare solvency. That involves the double-counting of Medicare savings. Earlier this year, Congress passed a health care bill containing various new Medicare taxes and constraints on program expenditures. Such savings are assumed in the official report to extend the solvency of Medicare. But Congress chose instead to spend the savings on a new health care entitlement.

The Medicare actuary wrote a memorandum on April 22 of this year calling attention to this “double-counting.” “In practice,” he stated, “the improved Part A financing cannot simultaneously be used to finance other Federal outlays (such as the coverage expansions under the PPACA) and to extend the trust fund, despite the appearance of this result from the respective accounting conventions.”

In other words, money can only be used once. Since the Medicare savings is being spent elsewhere on expanded health care coverage, it is not really being employed to extend Medicare solvency. To claim an improvement in Medicare financing is to mislead about the effects of recent legislation.

CMS Medicare Actuary Disavows the Medicare Trustees

The Administration is beginning to crack, even Her Majesty Hillary had to admit that she's "losing the information wars".

Let's keep up the pressure!

The Administration is beginning to crack, even Her Majesty Hillary had to admit that she's "losing the information wars".

Let's keep up the pressure!

only way it's gonna happen. And as it does? get ready for more outrageous crap from the Statists defending this.

[The 7 day clock is ticking from yesterday from the Florida judge that told Obama and Holder to get their act together]...

I hope the Judge hold them in Contempt...

Nope. Have now and in my archives. Thanks.

:)

Seems to me the Statists KNEW they were going to be voted OUT because of this bad law...so they hid appropriations in the law to ensure it carries on regardless...

It's disingenuous...and a very bad trick by the Statists...

Forum List

Back