Seattle Vs Carolina

I would love to see nothing more than Carolina get thumped in that game. So overrated.

I would love to see nothing more than Carolina get thumped in that game. So overrated.
Damn right! That 15-1 record was a fluke.
Carolina played all but two games against doorknobs that everybody took a turn on. The game they played against Seattle WAS a fluke, and there will be no doubt about it this Sunday. Even doorknob Atlanta proved the win against them was a fluke. The only way it wasn't a fluke, is if the guy that thinks he's Superman is in the Super Bowl. I predict his cape gets pissed on.

Carolina played all but two games against doorknobs that everybody took a turn on. The game they played against Seattle WAS a fluke, and there will be no doubt about it this Sunday. Even doorknob Atlanta proved the win against them was a fluke. The only way it wasn't a fluke, is if the guy that thinks he's Superman is in the Super Bowl. I predict his cape gets pissed on.
Well I gotta go with Carolina. They're my home town team.

I don't think the Seahawks feel that great about their performance in Minnesota. THAT wasn't the team that pretty much destroyed every team they played in the last half of the season. Wilson clearly WASN'T prepared to play in the cold. The Hawks played badly in the first half in a similar fashion as they did against the Rams blowing their opportunities that they normally took advantage of. Russell's passes were floating high all of the first half. That is not typical Wilson passing.

Right after the Rams debacle where the snaps went right past Russell, on at least a couple of occasions killing drives, He and the Hawks went into AZ and obliterated the Cardinals.

The Hawks got the W yesterday but embarrassed themselves in the process. Wilson is extremely proud of himself and the preparation that has brought him to this point.

There will be no specter of bone chilling temperatures to be concerned with on Sunday. Expected temp 48 degrees. THAT will be cold for Newton..typical January weather in Seattle.

I predict Wilson will be sharp and on time with his passes. He will not give 3 qtrs to the Panthers like he did the Vikings.

The Hawks escaped Minnesota with no significant boo boo's.

We still have the number ONE Defense in scoring.

The close call against the Vikings will be blamed on the 3rd coldest weather EVER played in the NFL.

The Seahawks won't fear the Panthers any more than they feared the Cardinals two weeks ago. I don't see a 36-6 rout but the final score will resemble that more than the score against the Vikings.

Well I gotta go with Carolina. They're my home town team.
I gotta admire your loyalty.

This will probably be the best, or at least the most interesting, game of the weekend.

I actually think all the 2nd round games will be interesting.
Green Bay/Arizona will be interesting because the last time they met just a couple weeks ago Arizona demolished the Pack and the Packers seemed to have caught their breath in Washington after some very poor games. Vegas has Arizona by a whopping 7 points.
New England, another team that has struggled over the past several games is a 5 point favorite over Kansas City who has won 11 in a row.....The Patriots seemed to have gotten a lot of their players off the injury list and may be a tough opponent for the Chiefs if they are healthy. If not ....hmmmm
Pittsburgh struggled against an average defensive team in Cincinnati Saturday and now go up against the number one defense in Denver. We will have to see if Manning who has the lowest GBR in the NFL can somehow lead his team over the Steelers. Roethlisberger has a AC sprain and torn ligaments in his throwing shoulder...but it is rumored that he will play, good news for Steelers fans if true, but what will his effectiveness be under Denver pressure defense? DeAngelo Williams and Antonio Brown status are both up in the air. Denver is a 6 point favorite.
Now in my opinion is the most interesting game. Seattle and Carolina. Can Seattle defense control the Panthers offense. Seattle has the top scoring defense in the NFL and the second overall defense behind Denver. Seattle can stop the Panthers running game just as they have stopped everyone's running game, especially over the last half of the season. No team has had a 100 yard rusher against Seattle this year. Forcing Carolina to pass will be nothing but in Seattle favor. Carolina is a 3 point favorite over Seattle but all home teams get a 3 point field edge...that makes the game according to the Vegas odds makers a dead heat.

I HATE Tuesdays during the playoffs! It was fitting I had an MRI today. You just lay there endlessly in torture listening to a lot of noise with nothing meaningful coming out of it for a week and all the experts having their 2 cents before you learn a damned thing.

I HATE Tuesdays during the playoffs! It was fitting I had an MRI today. You just lay there endlessly in torture listening to a lot of noise with nothing meaningful coming out of it for a week and all the experts having their 2 cents before you learn a damned thing.
you should have thought of the words today to make you feel better LOS ANGELES Rams.:lmao:

as far as the OP here goes,i see this game being much easier for the hawks than the vikings game.

thats what i am thinking as well.

Wilson's hot streak is over and Carolina will beat Seattle 27-17.

Now that Wilson's pocket pass game has been incorporated into the Seahawk game plan it is unlikely the Hawks and Russell's "hot streak" will continue for many years to come. Wilson will probably remain a Seahawk until he retires at least 10 years down the road if he remains healthy.

As long as Schneider recognizes the value of the need for protection for a passing attack and makes a point of finding replacements for the O-Line as needed we should be competitive for a long time.

We don't have to abandon the run game at all as they found another diamond in the rough with the rookie RB Rawls. He was only featured as the starter in about 5 games before his injury and in that span of time he led the NFL in rushing. If we release Lynch after the playoffs or if he retires that frees up around 10 million he was slated to receive in the coming season.

If Graham can stay healthy We should have his services for another 3-4 seasons.

Whatever the case in the short term next season's roster will be better than this season's.

It will be interesting to see which QB ends up with the better stats on Sunday.

As for how the Defense has come together here is a rather remarkable stat: In the last 6 games the Seahawks have given up a total of ONE..count em ONE Offensive TD.

As for how the Defense has come together here is a rather remarkable stat: In the last 6 games the Seahawks have given up a total of ONE..count em ONE Offensive TD.

Here is my prediction.

Wilson will throw for 180 yards and 1 TD (to Lockett- Baldwin will be a dud this week thanks to Josh Norman) and rush for 50 yards and a TD

Newton will throw for 240 yards and 1TD (to Greg Olsen- who lit up the Hawks for 130 yards and a TD last time they played) and rush for 40 yards and a TD

:thup:

Here is my prediction.

Wilson will throw for 180 yards and 1 TD (to Lockett- Baldwin will be a dud this week thanks to Josh Norman) and rush for 50 yards and a TD

Newton will throw for 240 yards and 1TD (to Greg Olsen- who lit up the Hawks for 130 yards and a TD last time they played) and rush for 40 yards and a TD

:thup:

It could go like that if Wilson is working through his infrequent inclination to screw up the first half. Actually it
it isn't him so much as it can be Bevell's ass hat game plan and the O-Line having brain farts. It can be especially bad when the Center snaps the ball at the wrong time or on the ground or over Russell's head. Those relapses are getting more rare. In the Rams game the O-Line totally fucked Wilson and destroyed the first half.

If they play like they did against the Cardinals the Panthers will have a long day. Wilson and his O-Line typically play real good after a stinker which the Vikings game was. The weather was the real culprit because Wilson doesn't throw the ball like that and he is VERY conscious of his image. My guess is that Russell will be on fire to make up for what happened in Minnesota.

Well, now it's Friday afternoon, Lynch's bags are packed and will be there to add some support to the run attack.

The MRI showed just minor ligament inflation on HUGGY'S shoulder. PT? I don't think so. I'll just spend more time at the pool.

Sunday will be the Panther's big chance to go to the next level. I'm thinking Newton will want to go to a bigger towel.

Fridays are better than Tuesdays.

Forum List

Back