Seattle man acquitted in TSA airport case

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dont Taz Me Bro, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,514
    Keep pushing back. The people have the power to stop this authoritarian crap from the government.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  2. MarcATL

MarcATL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,747
    TAZ...were you this supportive of "pushing back" when Bush was abusing power and attacking our freedoms with the assumed powers of tapping our phone calls?

...just curious.

3. Valerie

Valerie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,295
    "a 37-year-old software developer, had no form of valid ID when he reached the front of an airport security line. He was told to step out of line for further questioning"

So, next time he tries this they're going to let him on the plane then? :lol:

4. Dont Taz Me Bro

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,514
    Well one, I never voted for George Bush.

Second, I was opposed to the creation of TSA.

Now to answer your question, no, the abuses of TSA weren't really on my mind during his administration because I wasn't as aware of them at that time. The abuses of TSA really came to light last year with most people when they started their enhanced pat downs and the big deployment of their naked body scanners, which up until last year were just a trial at a few airports that you couldn't be forced into going through.

If the real motive of your question, and I imagine it is, is if I oppose all of this now simply because Obama is president, the answer is no, it has nothing to do with him.

5. Dont Taz Me Bro

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,514
    Honestly, I have no issue with being asked to show an ID. I think that's common sense. I'm just happy to see someone finally win a case against the TSA because if a jury can find something as simple as an ID "requirement" being illegal, then there is a much greater chance they will find the scanners and pat downs to be illegal as well.

6. Mini 14

Mini 14 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +570
    WTF???

You're fucking miserable, aren't you?

Good God, Marc.....Bush is gone! He can't hurt you anymore. You can stop fearing him now! I've never seen anyone so obsessed with someone as you are with Bush. You are OWNED by him (at least your mind is).

Its time to move on, brother!

7. MarcATL

MarcATL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,747
    How come you weren't aware of the abuses at the time? I was aware...and I was incensed.

The others who were incensed were scoffed at and mocked by BOTH Bush and the media.

Does that ring any bells at all?

And no, my point has little to do with Obama.

8. Valerie

Valerie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,295

The charges were against him, not the TSA...He was charged with 4 misdemeanors and acquitted. Where does it say an ID requirement is illegal?

9. Dont Taz Me Bro

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,514
    I was annoyed by the random pat downs, but like most people, I tolerated them. It was this latest mass deployment of body scanners and enhanced groping that finally pushed me over the edge, like many others.

10. MarcATL

MarcATL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,747
    "Annoyed?" Just "annoyed?" Interesting.

The question still stands...why did it take you so long to come to that point that many of US were at WELL BEFORE, DURING the Bush Administration?

It really is no different.

Can you tell me why?