Seattle is dying

Seattle city goverment is operating within both state and federal law in regard to immigration. Federal law does not mandate local law enforcement arrest, hold, or investigate people suspected of immigration violations. It just says simply that you cannot prevent the sharing of information. State and local police generally cannot arrest people solely for being in this country illegally. In all states except Arizona and Georgia, local and state police lack the authority to hold people without warrant or suspected violation of a state statue. If the federal government seeks to involve state and local law enforcement in immigration enforcement, they have change federal law.
I strongly disagree and a very good case can be made that by shielding law breakers from the law (which is what sanctuary literally does) they are tacitly aiding in the commission of crimes, albeit federal crimes.

In any event the cost to every tax paying citizen of helping Washington shield law breakers is a burden that is unconscionable and it also makes citizens unwilling and unwitting accomplices to crime.

There is no way around that at all.
If anyone is guilty, it is ICE as it is their responsibility to enforce immigration laws which of course they have not done. If the federal government is serious about removing illegal immigrants, they should do it.

Your claim that the city is shielding criminals makes about as much sense as claiming homeowners are shield criminals because they don't go out and apprehend. It is not their job, nor is it the city's job to catch illegal immigrants.

Seattle city goverment is operating within both state and federal law in regard to immigration. Federal law does not mandate local law enforcement arrest, hold, or investigate people suspected of immigration violations. It just says simply that you cannot prevent the sharing of information. State and local police generally cannot arrest people solely for being in this country illegally. In all states except Arizona and Georgia, local and state police lack the authority to hold people without warrant or suspected violation of a state statue. If the federal government seeks to involve state and local law enforcement in immigration enforcement, they have change federal law.
I strongly disagree and a very good case can be made that by shielding law breakers from the law (which is what sanctuary literally does) they are tacitly aiding in the commission of crimes, albeit federal crimes.

In any event the cost to every tax paying citizen of helping Washington shield law breakers is a burden that is unconscionable and it also makes citizens unwilling and unwitting accomplices to crime.

There is no way around that at all.
If anyone is guilty, it is ICE as it is their responsibility to enforce immigration laws which of course they have not done. If the federal government is serious about removing illegal immigrants, they should do it.

Your claim that the city is shielding criminals makes about as much sense as claiming homeowners are shield criminals because they don't go out and apprehend. It is not their job, nor is it the city's job to catch illegal immigrants.
No one asks them to go out and catch them, but once they have them on OTHER charges they need to notify ICE and HOLD them if requested.

The thing that is rotten is ILLEGAL immigration.
You liberals really like to obfuscate on that issue. Is it because you realize that your position is rhetorically indefensible and so you try to move the goal posts?
That is what it looks like from here.
All used toilet paper looks the same from "here. "

What is that supposed to mean? Are you comparing immigrants in general to used toilet paper?

That is what it looks like.

Seems to me you guys are all in a tizzy about illegal immigration due to Hannity and Ann C and POTUS can't figure a single thing out for himself. Now do something about it.

This is amazing. Hundreds of thousands of people every year are breaking into our country bringing crime, disease and human trafficking and drugs along with them, and all you can grasp; is that I must be following Hannity and Coulter?

roflmao, that is simply projection, dude. I dont like illegal immigration for the reasons given above and I dont like it when people invade my country as these people are.
What is funny is that DJT has you fools wrapped around his little gold finger. Nothing is going to be done about illegal immigration into the US until the money is taken out of it. Just ask POTUS. He has plenty of illegals working at Mar a Lago.
My goodness. The video sez 100 pct of homeless are using drugs and committing crimes and standing before a judge as many as 50 times.
And with your DJT DS you print this diatribe.
Watch the video then comment.
Laws aren't being enforced. that's the problem.
How'd ya like the part in the video where the ex cop said he would never settle a family in Seattle.
As far as you once living there. Go over to ar15.com and read what those ex seattleians have to say about their city.

I used to live in the region too (early 1980's), but discovered that being in Redmond was a lot nicer place, as it was away from a lot of the overcrowded mess. Generally I went to the PIKE Place Market (last visit, 2012), now badly overcrowded mess with inadequate parking when I go to Seattle, otherwise stayed out of the city proper. I see the news about the current problems which are many, agree with Flopper that the City government is not on the ball to deal with it.

Really? Are you sure? Because with all the sanctuary cities, counties, etc.
I'm wondering why they exist if ICE is removing no one.
Hopefully you can do better than that.

A horrible analogy that on it's face is absurd and not even applicable.
Homeowners don't make it known that criminals can come and live under their protection and on their premises. Sanctuary cities do. :113: Duh.....

The thing that is rotten is ILLEGAL immigration.
You liberals really like to obfuscate on that issue. Is it because you realize that your position is rhetorically indefensible and so you try to move the goal posts?
That is what it looks like from here.
All used toilet paper looks the same from "here. "

What is that supposed to mean? Are you comparing immigrants in general to used toilet paper?

That is what it looks like.

Seems to me you guys are all in a tizzy about illegal immigration due to Hannity and Ann C and POTUS can't figure a single thing out for himself. Now do something about it.

This is amazing. Hundreds of thousands of people every year are breaking into our country bringing crime, disease and human trafficking and drugs along with them, and all you can grasp; is that I must be following Hannity and Coulter?

roflmao, that is simply projection, dude. I dont like illegal immigration for the reasons given above and I dont like it when people invade my country as these people are.
What is funny is that DJT has you fools wrapped around his little gold finger. Nothing is going to be done about illegal immigration into the US until the money is taken out of it. Just ask POTUS. He has plenty of illegals working at Mar a Lago.
My goodness. The video sez 100 pct of homeless are using drugs and committing crimes and standing before a judge as many as 50 times.
And with your DJT DS you print this diatribe.
Watch the video then comment.
Laws aren't being enforced. that's the problem.
How'd ya like the part in the video where the ex cop said he would never settle a family in Seattle.
As far as you once living there. Go over to ar15.com and read what those ex seattleians have to say about their city.

I used to live in the region too (early 1980's), but discovered that being in Redmond was a lot nicer place, as it was away from a lot of the overcrowded mess. Generally I went to the PIKE Place Market (last visit, 2012), now badly overcrowded mess with inadequate parking when I go to Seattle, otherwise stayed out of the city proper. I see the news about the current problems which are many, agree with Flopper that the City government is not on the ball to deal with it.
The Seattle area is great, Seattle, not so great. Like so many large cities, they're struggling with the homeless issue, increasing crime, horrendous traffic, and of course increasing taxes. However what is really hurting Seattle is the need for mass transit which should have been addressed years ago. The city is locked in with cities to the north and south and water to east and west. There is no place to build new expressways or real estate thus prices have gone through the roof. Like so many cities, Seattle is falling into the category of a nice place to visit but not a place live.

However, the surrounding area provides some great places to live, expensive, yes but a lot less than Seattle. You get most of the advantages of the city but a better place to live at a lower price. Plus when you want to immerse yourself in the beauty of the northwest, you're lot closer and the city is usually only a 20 to 30 min bus ride away.

Last edited:
KOMO News Special: Seattle is Dying

Unrestricted migration lousy leadership
Everything libs touch

Tough reality is not part of a Liberal agenda, how we sink deeper into denial...

They’re destined too fail with this mentality, and they want to tell you President Trump has no idea what he’s doing with the wall at our Southern Border? This is a case in point that clearly demonstrates why you should enforce the laws...
So you think that poor management is called liberalism? You are way off course son...

Yes, reality is rarely a liberals strong suit, I was very clear...

Do you think Seattle is run by Conservatives? :icon_lol:
None of our largest cities are run by conservatives. I think statistically it's only 4 of our 40 largest cities, none with population over a million. The reason is they have no solution for problems in big cities so they stick to suburbs and smaller towns where they don't have to deal with real problems such as homelessness, poverty, crime, pollution, gridlock, and urban sprawl.

You make my point, you do understand that Conservatives have no fingerprints on the decay of urban blight? Democrats / Liberals fingerprints are all over the so called solutions that have / are failing our Major Metropolitan areas. It’s interesting that you would admit this but yet believe you’re correct, simple stupidity on your part!

Everything libs touch

Tough reality is not part of a Liberal agenda, how we sink deeper into denial...

They’re destined too fail with this mentality, and they want to tell you President Trump has no idea what he’s doing with the wall at our Southern Border? This is a case in point that clearly demonstrates why you should enforce the laws...
So you think that poor management is called liberalism? You are way off course son...

Surely they are not conservatives if they believe in some liberal tenets...

No shit Sherlock, no one claimed such...

Everything libs touch

None of our largest cities are run by conservatives. I think statistically it's only 4 of our 40 largest cities, none with population over a million. The reason is they have no solution for problems in big cities so they stick to suburbs and smaller towns where they don't have to deal with real problems such as homelessness, poverty, crime, pollution, gridlock, and urban sprawl.

You make my point, you do understand that Conservatives have no fingerprints on the decay of urban blight? Democrats / Liberals fingerprints are all over the so called solutions that have / are failing our Major Metropolitan areas. It’s interesting that you would admit this but yet believe you’re correct, simple stupidity on your part!
The fact that democrats are the predominant political power in all the big cities and big cities are the heart of the social problems in America is accepted as proof among conservatives that democrats are the cause. The other side of the coin is that republicans deserted our largest cities because they had no solutions for the growing social problems. Years ago, large cities such as New York and Los Angeles had a strong a republican party. However as the cities became more ethnically diverse, more blue collar social problems grew. Republicans failed to offer solutions, and headed to the suburbs and smaller cities with less problems. Republicans simple refused to deal with social problems, preferring to ignore them in hopes that they will just go away. Today, the republican programs to deal with homelessness, single parent families living in poverty, hunger, drug and alcohol abuse is get a job. Got a job, get another job. Got two jobs, get a third job.

Last edited:

The fact that democrats are the predominant political power in all the big cities and big cities are the heart of the social problems in America is accepted as proof among conservatives that democrats are the cause. The other side of the coin is that republicans deserted our largest cities because they had no solutions for the growing social problems. Years ago, large cities such as New York and Los Angeles had a strong a republican party. However as the cities became more ethnically diverse, more blue collar social problems grew. Republicans failed to offer solutions, and headed to the suburbs and smaller cities with less problems. Republicans simple refused to deal with social problems, preferring to ignore them in hopes that they will just go away. Today, the republican programs to deal with homelessness, single parent families living in poverty, hunger, drug and alcohol abuse is get a job. Got a job, get another job. Got two jobs, get a third job.

In other words, our Liberal Solutions failed and we will blame the other guys...

Is this the best you can do? Could this be a trend?

Everything libs touch

A boy from Tezass telling anyone what to do is funny as hell.

In other words, our Liberal Solutions failed and we will blame the other guys...

Well to prove you're right you would need to abolish those liberal programs such as Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Food Stamps, Free and Reduce Lunch Programs, Head Start, TANF, Federal Aid to Education, Public Housing Programs, disability programs, etc. Then evaluate society.

Everything libs touch

A boy from Tezass telling anyone what to do is funny as hell.

Reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit, making any sense is a struggle for you as well...

Funny how jealous you are of Texans, it’s okay, it’s obvious you’re struggling to use words to debate your point...

Well to prove you're right you would need to abolish those liberal programs such as Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Food Stamps, Free and Reduce Lunch Programs, Head Start, TANF, Federal Aid to Education, Public Housing Programs, disability programs, etc. Then evaluate society.

Stay on topic, the debate is about major cities successes and failures under Liberal leadership. New York, LA, Chicago, Houston, San Antonio, San Francisco, Seattle, etc... are a far cry from supporting the poor and downtrodden. If you’re unable to admit this simple fact, then it’s no wonder you believe government assistance is a successful endeavor, when in reality it’s a system that perpetuates dependency. If you want to hang your hat on Social Programs being a path to self sufficiency, the numbers do not support it. I have no problem with helping people through charity, hell I give more in a month than Beto does in a year. I thank God every day for the blessings I have, what do you donate to charity?

Stay on topic, the debate is about major cities successes and failures under Liberal leadership. New York, LA, Chicago, Houston, San Antonio, San Francisco, Seattle, etc... are a far cry from supporting the poor and downtrodden. If you’re unable to admit this simple fact, then it’s no wonder you believe government assistance is a successful endeavor, when in reality it’s a system that perpetuates dependency. If you want to hang your hat on Social Programs being a path to self sufficiency, the numbers do not support it. I have no problem with helping people through charity, hell I give more in a month than Beto does in a year. I thank God every day for the blessings I have, what do you donate to charity?
Liberal leadership in the country is your topic. The thread topic title is Seattle is Dying. It is based on the KOMO 4 video about Seattle homelessness which incidental has fallen 17% in 2018 in the metro area and 8% in Seattle proper.

Forum List

Back