Seattle Doing The Right Thing

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
While conservatives bash and trash Seattle for having high property values, which I don't think high real estate values always such a bad thing, Seattle is trying to do something about it.

Seattle is investing 110 million dollars to build nearly 2000 affordable housing units.

Those buildings will include childcare and healthcare centers for seniors.

It's easy to trash people and cities but not so easy to actually do something about it. I don't hear or read any reports of this happening in red states but then, housing and real estate isn't very expensive in red states. It's cheap to live in a red state because not many people want to live there.

City of Seattle invests $110 million to create nearly 2,000 affordable housing units

Conservatives prefer places with zero economic activity because it's the only place they can afford to live.

While conservatives bash and trash Seattle for having high property values, which I don't think high real estate values always such a bad thing, Seattle is trying to do something about it.

Seattle is investing 110 million dollars to build nearly 2000 affordable housing units.

It's easy to trash people and cities but not so easy to actually do something about it. I don't hear or read any reports of this happening in red states but then, housing and real estate isn't very expensive in red states. It's cheap to live in a red state because not many people want to live there.

City of Seattle invests $110 million to create nearly 2,000 affordable housing units
those seem like some pretty cheap units...and you say the red states are cheap?...

Conservatives prefer places with zero economic activity because it's the only place they can afford to live.
when i was in OC Ca. there was lots of conservatives living in Irvine and Mission Viejo...can you afford to live there?
I live in Fairfax County. I can afford to live anywhere. OC is shedding conservatives these days. I guess it's too expensive.

Bet the same contractor LA has, where it is costing over $600 grand for a container home. If not, I would bet someone’s pockets are gonna end up being lined and then will transfer a percentage of that back to some of the politicians there that helped get them approved. What do you bet?

when i was in OC Ca. there was lots of conservatives living in Irvine and Mission Viejo...can you afford to live there?
I live in Fairfax County. I can afford to live anywhere. OC is shedding conservatives these days. I guess it's too expensive.
Another perfect example of only out for self. Don’t ever try to say you care for others not in your same financial shape.

And they say crime doesn't pay.

Public housing. It will deteriorate to crime ridden shit within a very few years just like public housing anywhere in the USA.
------------------------------------ plus its just a drop in the bucket with 2000 units . Senior population aren't likely to trash it but the unmarried mothers , their boyfriends and growing hip hopping kids will trash it in my opinion .

Another perfect example of only out for self. Don’t ever try to say you care for others not in your same financial shape.
I've been telling people to learn skills and get an education my entire life. You, on the other hand, wildly support a man who has never cared about anyone or anything but himself, and who viewed it as a smart business tactic to destroy the lives of people not in his same financial shape.

And it's amazing anyone would want to live in Seattle either. Cost of living is awful, traffic is awful, weather is awful, crime is awful, and the "homeless" tweeker problem is off the charts.

I've been telling people to learn skills and get an education my entire life. You, on the other hand, wildly support a man who has never cared about anyone or anything but himself, and who viewed it as a smart business tactic to destroy the lives of people not in his same financial shape.
Just wow! By making it easier for school choice to get a better education, and better conditions for getting a job period, so people have a place to start to better themselves, you claim he is looking out for one’s self. Looney tunes right there.

And it's amazing anyone would want to live in Seattle either. Cost of living is awful, traffic is awful, weather is awful, crime is awful, and the "homeless" tweeker problem is off the charts.

Are you being recruited to move there?

Public housing. It will deteriorate to crime ridden shit within a very few years just like public housing anywhere in the USA.

With every idea or proposal of any kind, there will always be some wanker firing "will never work" drive-by missiles from the comfort of his baraclounger and contributing nothing.

Pogo's First Law of Naysayism. :deal:

Last edited:
That sounds wonderful, at about $55k a unit it seams promising. Building units isn't the hard part, the success of this event is if the city of Seattle can afford the annual appropriations required to maintain these low rents, with spaces for childcare and healthcare centers for seniors for the long term and provide adequate protection to the residents. 100+ unit apartment buildings are a breeding grounds for gangs and crime and they are going to build 13 more of them.

Every one of them needs a Seattle PD substation otherwise it is lambs to the slaughter.

Did the taxpayers agree to this, or did they just do this without any input?

those seem like some pretty cheap units...and you say the red states are cheap?...

This is for low income people. Also for homeless. It's meant to have lower rents so that those with low income or homeless can live there.

The cost of living in Seattle and the whole area is high compared to other places.

The far right radical extremists have been bashing Seattle for it for a while now. Some idiot at Sinclair news wrote an article full of lies or exaggerations about homeless and Seattle. They titled it Seattle is Dying. Which it isn't. Which is the reason why it's expensive to live here compared to other places especially red states.

Love the people, love the area, on a sunny day the prettiest place in the world.

the weather, traffic, the homeless issues led me to leave.

Forum List

Back