Seattle Democrats Cancel Columbus Day. Replace It With "indigenous People's Day"

I don't want to waste a lot of time going down this road but I will say that I spent much of my time in my early twenties bringing black music to Seattle. I owned a music production company(West Coast Productions) and managed, recorded and produced concerts. I have hundreds of friends in that arena.

That said I am well aware of the genisis of rap/hip hop and find it disgusting musically and socially. Bascically it is what you get when uneducated tone deaf drug dealers and gang bangers get enough money to flaunt it promoting the street/gang lifestyle.

It IS a black thug thing. It is ugly. It has become popular for all the wrong reasons. It has elevated the worst people and their ignorant ideas and wealth up on a pedistal built on the misery of the drug industry.

Glorifying the social abuses that paid for these monsters and morons and comparing what they do with music is insulting to me and anyone that can tell the difference.
Iggy Azalea and Macklemore are not black. And even if they were, just because a style of music originated from African American culture does not make it ugly.

So you are saying that Rap originated from African American culture?

Nonsense. Black Americans didn't invent crack cocaine.

It was the proceeds from drug sales in LA and Compton in the Crips and Bloods gangs that spawned the spread of that "industry" across the country and paid for the infusion of that style of recordings into the music and entertainment sector.

I know a lot about how freebase cocaine became popular in the entertainment industry and where it came from in a movie set in Mexico ..to Seattle and then on to South Florida..up the Esat Coast ..and back to Southern California.

I hate to admit it but I was somewhat personally responsible for how it became popular in South Florida.

It most certainly was not a Black thing at first. Freebasing was a white thing in the early days. It became a Black gang based drug later in "crack" form because it was simply easier to physically handle than cocaine powder and also very addictive. Crack can be cut with a number of cheap methods and used on the street and not being water soluable lent itself to street sales. The fact that one can hold a crack rock in one's hand and cannot hold the same amount of cocaine hydochloride in one's hand or mouth is mainly why it became so popular in gang controlled streets of some cities.

The sales of the crack brought huge profits into the gangs and some of that money paid for the recording of the first rap with a ready made audience of criminals promoting that lifestyle.

You cannot say that a tiny wealthy criminal element as a representative was or is responsible as "Black" for the birth of rap. It was simply a "hobby" of wealthy criminals with a lot of extra money to spend on recording and promotion. I certainly was not indigenous to any race.
The foundation of modern day rap was laid by singing poets in Africa and the Caribbean. The hip-hop style we know as rap today very much originated within African American culture and was in part inspired by those singing poets. I am not sure why you are taking offense to this reality, or even disputing it.

I'm not disputing the absolute origin of "singing poets"...you claim is the origin of rap or hip hop.

I am just bringing up the truth I know of how the drug sales culture promoted their brand of entertainment to popularity.

The real truth is that there is no such thing as original music anyway. For all you or I know goat herders in Ancient Greece could have sang in a style that looked and sounded like rap music.

Don't get your panties in a twist attempting to defend the "singing poets".

The brand I am referring to are the ones that promoted and bragged about how drug sales and organized crime leads to fame and fortune.
This thread is about the contributions of race originating in the contributions of the Native Americans and there was a reference to blacks and rap. My argument was that "blacks" didn't contribute rap.. criminals did.

The thread isn't about where rap came from. It doesn't matter. Not in this context anyway. It wasn't promoted by typical Black Americans. It was promoted to popularity by drug money by people that happened to be Black.. THAT is my only point.
You have no point because you are wrong.

You have your opinion... I have personal experience.

I can see why someone might take offense to what I posted but that doesn't change the facts.

Many young people all full of piss and vinegar like to think of themselves as outlaws and at war with the establishment. This has been a popular theme in young persons entertainment for ages.

If I was a person of color I think I would choose something with a bit more integrity than the ramblings of murderers and drug dealers as my anthem.

Like I said earlier I'm not going to waste much time on this so if you want the last word go ahead. I'm done with this topic.

Iggy Azalea and Macklemore are not black. And even if they were, just because a style of music originated from African American culture does not make it ugly.

It was the proceeds from drug sales in LA and Compton in the Crips and Bloods gangs that spawned the spread of that "industry" across the country and paid for the infusion of that style of recordings into the music and entertainment sector.

I know a lot about how freebase cocaine became popular in the entertainment industry and where it came from in a movie set in Mexico ..to Seattle and then on to South Florida..up the Esat Coast ..and back to Southern California.

I hate to admit it but I was somewhat personally responsible for how it became popular in South Florida.

It most certainly was not a Black thing at first. Freebasing was a white thing in the early days. It became a Black gang based drug later in "crack" form because it was simply easier to physically handle than cocaine powder and also very addictive. Crack can be cut with a number of cheap methods and used on the street and not being water soluable lent itself to street sales. The fact that one can hold a crack rock in one's hand and cannot hold the same amount of cocaine hydochloride in one's hand or mouth is mainly why it became so popular in gang controlled streets of some cities.

The sales of the crack brought huge profits into the gangs and some of that money paid for the recording of the first rap with a ready made audience of criminals promoting that lifestyle.

You cannot say that a tiny wealthy criminal element as a representative was or is responsible as "Black" for the birth of rap. It was simply a "hobby" of wealthy criminals with a lot of extra money to spend on recording and promotion. I certainly was not indigenous to any race.
The foundation of modern day rap was laid by singing poets in Africa and the Caribbean. The hip-hop style we know as rap today very much originated within African American culture and was in part inspired by those singing poets. I am not sure why you are taking offense to this reality, or even disputing it.

I'm not disputing the absolute origin of "singing poets"...you claim is the origin of rap or hip hop.

I am just bringing up the truth I know of how the drug sales culture promoted their brand of entertainment to popularity.

The real truth is that there is no such thing as original music anyway. For all you or I know goat herders in Ancient Greece could have sang in a style that looked and sounded like rap music.

The brand I am referring to are the ones that promoted and bragged about how drug sales and organized crime leads to fame and fortune.
This thread is about the contributions of race originating in the contributions of the Native Americans and there was a reference to blacks and rap. My argument was that "blacks" didn't contribute rap.. criminals did.

The thread isn't about where rap came from. It doesn't matter. Not in this context anyway. It wasn't promoted by typical Black Americans. It was promoted to popularity by drug money by people that happened to be Black.. THAT is my only point.
You have no point because you are wrong.

You have your opinion... I have personal experience.

I can see why someone might take offense to what I posted but that doesn't change the facts.

Many young people all full of piss and vinegar like to think of themselves as outlaws and at war with the establishment. This has been a popular theme in young persons entertainment for ages.

If I was a person of color I think I would choose something with a bit more integrity than the ramblings of murderers and drug dealers as my anthem.

Like I said earlier I'm not going to waste much time on this so if you want the last word go ahead. I'm done with this topic.
I have more than my opinion. I have personal experience from meeting some of the pioneers of rap. You simply dont know what you are talking about. I understand you think you do but you dont. Sorry. Unfortunately, white people dont decide for me what has integrity and what doesnt. You simply dont matter in that regard. I hope you dont get offended.

Indians came from Asia and were here when Columbus landed. Who discovered America?

Injuns came from asia? HAHAHA. No way. Asians are smart hardworking people. Injuns only care about booze and welfare. THINK

Indians came from Asia and were here when Columbus landed. Who discovered America?

Injuns came from asia? HAHAHA. No way. Asians are smart hardworking people. Injuns only care about booze and welfare. THINK
Who got Indians on booze? We smoked marijuana and sat around our sweat lodges until Whites came and screwed up our world.An ignorant person like you would not know that Indians were of the oriental race and originally came from Asia. Someone here has to THINK.

Many would disagree. But feel free to listen to jazz or the blues instead.

I don't want to waste a lot of time going down this road but I will say that I spent much of my time in my early twenties bringing black music to Seattle. I owned a music production company(West Coast Productions) and managed, recorded and produced concerts. I have hundreds of friends in that arena.

That said I am well aware of the genisis of rap/hip hop and find it disgusting musically and socially. Bascically it is what you get when uneducated tone deaf drug dealers and gang bangers get enough money to flaunt it promoting the street/gang lifestyle.

It IS a black thug thing. It is ugly. It has become popular for all the wrong reasons. It has elevated the worst people and their ignorant ideas and wealth up on a pedistal built on the misery of the drug industry.

Glorifying the social abuses that paid for these monsters and morons and comparing what they do with music is insulting to me and anyone that can tell the difference.

Bullsh*t. I don't know where you got your information, but you are wrong. Rap music was inspired by the singing poets I referenced. Period. I guarantee modern rap did not exist in Ancient Greece. You have a very narrow minded understanding of what rap is, to the point where it really isn't worth talking with you.

Forum List

Back