Seattle at Green Bay

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
This will be one of the most important NFC games of the 2015 season.

Two titans squaring off with the tie breaker of the NFC for home field advantage on the line.

Week one was more like game 3.2 of pre season for both teams in a large way. Both Seattle and Green Bay still had some sorting out to do in their respective teams. The Packers needed to know how well their offense would function with out Jordy. The Hawks O-line needed a crash course in real game speed to shake out the truth as to what they had to work with or needed to immediately replace.

Both teams learned much in week one. Both teams could afford to give away a loss in week one.

Fortunately for the Packers they found that they could win without Nelson.

The Hawks lost but shook out the O-Line enough to know that they had a group that could play well enough together to keep and build on.

The Hawks discovered that every receiver on the team was up to speed given Wilson had enough time to get them the ball. They saw what they expected with Lynch. He hasn't lost a step from 2014. They discovered what they already knew about Tyler Lockett. He is the most NFL ready rookie receiver/Kick returner the team has drafted in a very long time. Rawls and Jackson didn't disappoint in backing Lynch at RB.

That's all for now as I haven't seen the Green Bay game. I'm going to watch it now on my NFL Game Pass and get a better idea of how the Packers have progressed since their loss to the Hawks in the NFC title game last season.

Last edited:
OK... It's 13-10 Chicago at the half and GB got the ball and went right down the field for a TD. This tells me that GB's adjustments were pretty dramatic.

James Jones will be trouble for the Hawks if they can't tighten up on the left side of the field. Da Bears DBs are weak on that side of the field and Mr Rodgers just carved them up.

Lacey had his way with the Bears. He has this knack of running into the stack without getting tackled and just backs up a step and peels off to one side or the other without getting wrapped up until he finds some daylight. He has done this to many teams. Not so typically against Seattle because the Hawks tackle better than most teams.
I don't see Lacey getting away like he does against the Hawks.

Rodgers likes to run a delayed pass ..almost a screen to the right side where he runs to the right almost to the LOS then flips the ball to his TE who has crossed over 5 yards or so downfield and gets the ball near the sideline. This play is repeated several times with success because the DBs and or Linebackers won't play close enough to challenge the catch or they feel obligated to stay back in case Rodgers decides to break upfield. I didn't see Aaron run up and challenge getting hit once so far. I would have a spy contain Rodgers and play his receivers close when that play come up. It's GBs bread and butter play. They would have real problems if it was taken away.

On offense if the Hawks can give Wilson time he should do much better than he did with the Rams strong pass rush and strength in stuffing the run.

All in all I feel Seattle's offense will have an easier time against GBs defense than Rodgers will have against the Hawks.

If the Hawks take away GB's short passes and Lacey's 2nd chance running attack Rodgers only big next option will be the long ball. He won't challenge Sherman as was proven in the last two meetings so he has to make his hay on the left side. If Seattle offers enough support with Thomas's help cheating towards the left there will be opportunities for a couple of interceptions.

Lynch may get stuffed a few times but because of GBs DBs poor tackling he should make up for a few short runs with a few huge break away scampers.

GB's DBs are weak overall. They have no Thomas or Sherman. If Seattle's O-Line can buy Wilson time he should put on a clinic with the ball distributed to Baldwin, Lockett, Kearse , Graham and Willson.

GB is probably favored but after watching both Seattle and GB in their first outings I like the Hawks chances in this game.

Actually GB was lucky to win that game. Chicago had the ball on the 2 and couldn't convert a 4th down. Then they had the ball again driving deep and Cutler had another brain fart and threw a HORRIBLE pass to Bennett with Goldie Locks #52 getting an EASY int. A real stupid PI on the 2 gave the Pack a 50 yard gain for the last TD.

Chicago played the Packers toe to toe until they self destructed and Chicago isn't very good. Seattle played a much tougher team in the Rams than GB played in Da Bears. Fowles throws a MUCH better pass than Cutler. The Rams have a WAY better defense than Chicago.

After watching the WHOLE GB/CHI game I REALLY like the Hawks chances this Sunday at GB. Rodgers will get his points and completions but not enough to outscore Seattle. Seattle has Tyler Lockett and GB has no such player running back KO's and punts.

Lacey is no Marshawn Lynch. GB has no TE like Graham. In fact I like Seattle's whole receiving corps more than GB's..Especially since GB is minus Jordy Nelson. I'd say Rodgers and Wilson are equally talented distributing the ball giving Wilson the edge with his running skills.

On paper it should be a Seattle blow out. Still it's in Green Bay.

If they could not even beat the LAMBS despite the fact they tried to GIVE them the game practically gift wrapping it for them with turnovers,and then getting torched in the final two minutes of the game getting burned by Nick Foles,an inconsistant unproven quarterback whom their secondary made look like a young Dan Marino yesterday, could not even beat a team that TRIED to give it to them but they refused to take,how are they going to beat a team on the road where the crowd will be fives times louder where it IS a road game that does not have empty seats,who wont try and give it to them, and a team that wont try and give the game to them against the best quarteerback in the NFL no less?
:lmao::rofl::haha:

count on an o and 2 start after this weekend.

This will be one of the most important NFC games of the 2015 season.
Is that what the paid shills at ESPN have been telling you Sports Zombies?

Are you DEAF?

I never watch ESPN. I have the NFL Game Pass. I watch and analyze the games for myself. The home field advantage is huge in the playoffs. It is VERY likely that the Packers and the Seahawks will be in the hunt for a legitimate chance for HFA at the end of the regular season. So Yes...this game could have huge implications in the 2015 season.

If they could not even beat the LAMBS despite the fact they tried to GIVE them the game practically gift wrapping it for them with turnovers,and then getting torched in the final two minutes of the game getting burned by Nick Foles,an inconsistant unproven quarterback whom their secondary made look like a young Dan Marino yesterday, could not even beat a team that TRIED to give it to them but they refused to take,how are they going to beat a team on the road where the crowd will be fives times louder where it IS a road game that does not have empty seats,who wont try and give it to them, and a team that wont try and give the game to them against the best quarteerback in the NFL no less?
:lmao::rofl::haha:

count on an o and 2 start after this weekend.

The Rams have a MUCH better defense than Green Bay.

The Packers offense is very much limited without Jordy Nelson. Their O-Line is probably worse than the Seahawks'.

The Hawks defensive front is WAY superior to the Bears. The Bears actually had the Packers beat until they stepped on their own dicks. The final score is in no way how the game went until the last few minutes.

I believe the Hawks have a very good opportunity going into GB and coming out with a "W".

I hate to say it but without Kam I think Rodgers will pick Seattle apart...I hope I am wrong but.....Bailey is just not that good.

That COULD happen but one GB receiver on the left side cannot count on Bailey falling down.

Rodgers will be under a lot more pressure this weekend than the Bears provided. Last season Aaron didn't throw the ball in Sherman's direction for a whole game.

I believe that this game will be a trap for the Packers.

They won against a soft Chicago team last Sunday and the Hawks barely lost to a much stronger Rams team.

What the Hawks obviously needed was a test to bring their O-Line up. They received that and then some.

They needed a test to find the flaws in their newly thrown together Defensive Secondary. They got that and then some.

Green Bay does not have the Defensive Front that the Rams possess.

Seattle with Coach Cable will have the O-Line dialed in and dialed up for Sunday night.

Green Bay won't be able to count on Seattle DBs falling down and allowing uncontested TDs.

THAT was the difference between Seattle being 1-0 and 0 and 1.

Green Bay BARELY beat Chicago. Seattle Barely lost to St Louis.

Seattle is great against the run. Green Bay sucks against the run.

Lynch will put on a clinic in this game.

Lacey will put on more pounds crying over his loss at the local BBQ.

If and I say IF Wilson gets just a little more time he has the weapons to cut Green Bay's soft Defensive Secondary to shreds.

Aaron Rodgers has James Jones. If Kris Richard puts Sherman on him that's pretty much all that is needed to shut Rodgers passing game down. One thing that hasn't been widely noticed in the Rams game is that Sherman played mostly in the nickle slot position. He is no longer just the Left Corner for the Seahawks. The Chancellor hold out forced this move and it has proven a worthwhile experiment.

The Hawks haven't said anything yet officially but HUGGY has had an epiphany. I am going out on a limb and predict Sherman follow Jones around like a cheap suit and take away Rodgers favorite receiver.

Seahawks need to 'ground n' pound' and leave the game to their defense. Good luck, Huggy........
the defense that got torched by a quarterback who is inconsistant? :biggrin:

not good news for a team that has to play against a future hall of famer sunday.:biggrin:

Seahawks need to 'ground n' pound' and leave the game to their defense. Good luck, Huggy........

not good news for a team that has to play against a future hall of famer sunday.:biggrin:

Fowles didn't "torch" the Hawks. He got lucky that Chancellor's replacement simply fell down at around the twenty and allowed Fowles a wide open receiver in the end zone in James Jones. THAT was pure luck for the Rams. The worst QB in the NFL could have made that throw. Without that TD there would have been no overtime. The Hawks led in most of the game. To suggest that Fowles "torched" the Hawks is ridiculous.

Fowles didn't "torch" the Hawks. He got lucky that Chancellor's replacement simply fell down at around the twenty and allowed Fowles a wide open receiver in the end zone in James Jones. THAT was pure luck for the Rams. The worst QB in the NFL could have made that throw. Without that TD there would have been no overtime. The Hawks led in most of the game. To suggest that Fowles "torched" the Hawks is ridiculous.

Chances holdout could prove very costly in them getting home field advantage again.He has already cost them one game putting his own selfish interests ahead of the team.Kam would never have been clumsy and fallen down like that.

Chances holdout could prove very costly in them getting home field advantage again.He has already cost them one game putting his own selfish interests ahead of the team.Kam would never have been clumsy and fallen down like that.

If he is allowed back on the team he will be traded before next season. They may do something minor to sway Chancellor to end his holdout but his lack of loyalty will forever cost him with the Hawks.

"Who's got your back?" Oh shut the fuck up Kam!

I agree that a strong dose of Marshawn Lynch will definitely help the Hawk's chances. If they take better care of the ball than they did in the NFC Championship game of last season they should be just fine.

What cracks me up is that Aaron Rodgers keeps saying that he has the better team based on the first 3 qtrs of that last game as if the 4 ints(two tipped balls) that Wilson tossed had NOTHING to do with the advantage GB enjoyed in the early part of that contest. Truth be told what Aaron SHOULD be saying is that his team was LUCKY to get 4 more possessions than the Hawks in the NFC Championship game and when Wilson stopped giving them the ball it was CLEAR who was the better team.

I will state flatly..that without those interceptions Seattle would have blown Green Bay out in that game. If Wilson just takes better care of the ball Seattle SHOULD run away with tomorrow night's game.

I agree that a strong dose of Marshawn Lynch will definitely help the Hawk's chances. If they take better care of the ball than they did in the NFC Championship game of last season they should be just fine.

What cracks me up is that Aaron Rodgers keeps saying that he has the better team based on the first 3 qtrs of that last game as if the 4 ints(two tipped balls) that Wilson tossed had NOTHING to do with the advantage GB enjoyed in the early part of that contest. Truth be told what Aaron SHOULD be saying is that his team was LUCKY to get 4 more possessions than the Hawks in the NFC Championship game and when Wilson stopped giving them the ball it was CLEAR who was the better team.

I will state flatly..that without those interceptions Seattle would have blown Green Bay out in that game. If Wilson just takes better care of the ball Seattle SHOULD run away with tomorrow night's game.

Bears gained 189 rushing yards on GB, averaging out to 5.7 yds. per carry. Bears also converted on 11 of 17 third downs and might have won the game if not for a predictable Jay Cutler error. That's why I'm advocating for a 'ground n' pound' offense, as the Packers win last week was unimpressive.
Also, GBs' $33 million dollar right tackle, Bryan Bulaga, was lost in their practice Thursday to a knee injury.
I'm going with the Seahawks with their best effort, coming off a loss.

Last edited:

Bears gained 189 rushing yards on GB, averaging out to 5.7 yds. per carry. Bears also converted on 11 of 17 third downs and might have won the game if not for a predictable Jay Cutler error. That's why I'm advocating for a 'ground n' pound' offense, as the Packers win last week was unimpressive.
Also, GBs' $33 million dollar right tackle, Bryan Bulaga, was lost in their practice Thursday to a knee injury.
I'm going with the Seahawks with their best effort, coming off a loss.

Forte is no Marshawn Lynch. What has happened in the past is that Lynch has worn down the Packers especially Matthews early. When Clay gets winded he is much less effective at attempting to get to the QB.

On the Green Bay site they make a big deal that Lynch only ran for 36 yards in the first half. Well...Duh! When Wilson throws four ints in the first half Lynch's opportunities are not there.

I think Lynch will open it up for Graham. Lynch will also open up opportunities for the read-option.

The more I watch the video's and analyze what really happened in the NFC Championship game I feel real good about the Hawk's chances providing Wilson protects the ball better. I feel we match up VERY well with Green Bay.

I am nervous about this game. I had hoped they could pull out a win against the Rams but a stupid choice by coaching lost our opportunity. Seattle HAS to move the ball on offense thought the WHOLE game not just show up in 4th quarter and expect to win. The defense is a big weapon but if other teams adjust their game plan to throw in the flats it will be another long day. That's what the Rams did and last year what the Chargers did and if everyone else picks up on that and capitalizes on it Seattle is toast. The defense has to close up that gap or get eaten alive. A pick 6 for the defense will back that off especially against Rogers. He avoids Sherman and is intimidated when he gets sacked a few times and it throws his game off. The defense needs to come out strong and put the fear of boom in him and as long as Seattle offense doesn't come out and lay an egg constantly Seattle should come out with a win. That's my take. We will have to wait til this evening to see but I will say usually Seattle plays strong in prime time so there is at least that to look to as encouragement

Forum List

Back