Seasonal flu and Novel H1N1 Vaccination Recommendations

I personally would never get a flu vaccine or any other. There are several strains of the flu, and getting a flu shot DOES NOT EVER guarantee that you will never get the flu, as it can’t possibly protect against every single strain. The companies that mass produce the vaccine probably just play the game of “rock, paper and scissors” and guess what strains will be the most prevalent the following flu season, thus manufacture a concoction of those types. Even if you do get the flu vaccine, you’re only protected against the types of strains that the pharmaceutical company thinks will flourish the said season.

Most times I would just rather let good old nature take its course. If I end up getting the flu and get real sick for three or so weeks so be it. Injecting myself with identified toxins does not outweigh the benefits of not getting the flu- and it’s not even an assurance that I won’t!

The vaccine itself compromises your immune system in so many ways its not even funny. Do an internet search on the ingredients in the shot. Mercury Preservative Thimerosal. In 1999 the FDA decided to drop the use of thimerosal in childhood vaccines; that action alone speaks volumes on its safety concern.

I am pretty certain that a person's state of mind and general outlook can help his or her health. The truth is you can pick up a cold by simply being around someone who is infected, even for a minute. When I was younger, I was a lot more satisfied then I am currently about the things I need to do in order to remain healthy, but I am older and I feel wiser, more in tune with my body; same game, different player. I am wary anytime the government wants me to do something/take something. But if someone is in a high risk group, or has a compromised immune system, ie., or any other disease that can abate your immune system, if you are elderly, and if you are a health care worker, then it might be in your best interests to get “vaccinated.” In that case make sure it is mercury-free. I remember the first year I refused a flu shot, everyone that was around me got sick, except I. The only negative thing is I got a bad case of runny nose that lasted months.
You see being is that these shots do not protect against every strain of the flu, you must ask yourself why should I even bother. Our bodies were designed to keep at bay and fight germs but we don't let our bodies do their job. We simply rely on synthetic chemicals and anticipate the best. Let your body do the job it was made to do. Nowadays too many people are looking for the “quick-fix” or the “miracle pill” that will solvent everything. For example, if you are stricken with a bad cold, you probably have been told to run to the pharmacy and pick up some “Tylenol Cold and Flu” or any other cold remedy. You might have to dose yourself with these pills for a week or two, up to three times a day. Well, you can simply take Allicin; a garlic extract once a day for about the same time and your symptoms will probably vanish faster than a prom queen’s virginity on prom night. With that Tylenol, there’s a surplus of known side effects listed on the reverse of the package. What do you think would happen if you took the entire package of Tylenol? The result wouldn’t be good, I can guarantee. That’s why you cannot go wrong with anything natural- no terrible side effects.

There’s little to no money to be made by coaxing people into taking a proactive approach to their lifestyle, instead the pharmaceutical companies spoonfeed us a campaign of disinformation, instructing us to inject our bodies with toxins, and the naïve and misinformed eat it all up with an open mouth. It’s a wonder why so many people get sick. Personally, I can’t fathom the concept of injecting something foreign into my body (especially if I don’t need it) when we are provided so many totally natural remedies and immune builders. Many people undervalue the healing power of our bodies.

That last sentence I typed made my feel a bit hypocritical, as I am type 1 diabetic, and must take daily insulin injections. There's no way around them when your pancreas doesn't do it's job. Anywho, that's my dos centavos on the "flu shot."

It's your health and your life. You are correct that the flu shot is a mixture of three serotypes.

However, consider this: If you get three different serotypes every year your body is slowly building up an arsenal to multiple strains of the flu. That is why it is smart to get a flu shot every year. Even if they miss this year, they might cover the strain for next year.

If I were a type one diabetic, I would get every vaccination possible (to include pneumococcal) as infections are a leading trigger of DKA.

ah, another uneducated ignorant hick making things up. let's break you down one bad idea at a time.

I personally would never get a flu vaccine or any other. There are several strains of the flu, and getting a flu shot DOES NOT EVER guarantee that you will never get the flu, as it can’t possibly protect against every single strain. The companies that mass produce the vaccine probably just play the game of “rock, paper and scissors” and guess what strains will be the most prevalent the following flu season, thus manufacture a concoction of those types. Even if you do get the flu vaccine, you’re only protected against the types of strains that the pharmaceutical company thinks will flourish the said season.
No, it can't guarantee it. That's life. Welcome to THE WORLD. But it's just plain wrong to compare it to a game of rock paper scissors. It's not a random shot in the dark. The vaccine is developed from extensive research to pin down the right strain. When was the last time you heard that a flu shot completely missed the upcoming strain? I can't remember anything in recent history.

Most times I would just rather let good old nature take its course. If I end up getting the flu and get real sick for three or so weeks so be it. Injecting myself with identified toxins does not outweigh the benefits of not getting the flu- and it’s not even an assurance that I won’t!

The vaccine itself compromises your immune system in so many ways its not even funny. Do an internet search on the ingredients in the shot. Mercury Preservative Thimerosal. In 1999 the FDA decided to drop the use of thimerosal in childhood vaccines; that action alone speaks volumes on its safety concern.
The dead virus does not compromise your immune system. You clearly don't understand what immunocompromised patients look like if you think the flu vaccine can cause it. High dose steroids decrease your immune system. CANCER drugs decrease your immune system. HIV harms the immune system. The flu shot does not. In fact, it's very purpose is to ramp it up, which it has effectively done for decades.

So you look at actions taken in 1999 because scientists want to just play things safe as your justification? Well sure, that's true, they did remove that reagent. But that only matters if you want to completely ignore all the research which has since shown the additives in the flu shot to be completely harmless. So let's put things on the scale:
You: 1999 concern with no data to support it, but scientists playing it safe and asking questions later.
Me: studies asking the questions later which irrefutably show the chemicals to be harmless
Starting to get the picture?

You see being is that these shots do not protect against every strain of the flu, you must ask yourself why should I even bother. Our bodies were designed to keep at bay and fight germs but we don't let our bodies do their job. We simply rely on synthetic chemicals and anticipate the best.
Our bodies were "designed" to die before age 40. We've double lifespan based on those "synthetic chemicals". When you get an infection that doesn't resolve on its own, do you similarly say "oh well, I'll just let my body do what it was designed to do"? How bout if you break a bone? You don't go to a doctor and use modern medicine? I'm interested in just how stupid you really are. Because my guess is that you talk crap until something bad actually befalls you, and then go running for all the "synthetic chemicals" you can get to make you better.

That’s why you cannot go wrong with anything natural- no terrible side effects.
"Alternative medicine has either been not been proved to work, or been proved not to work. You know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work? MEDICINE."
Aspirin, one of those nasty chemicals you hate so much, is made from the bark of the willow tree. Medicine does not dismiss natural remedies. It just dismissed bullshit.

That last sentence I typed made my feel a bit hypocritical, as I am type 1 diabetic, and must take daily insulin injections. There's no way around them when your pancreas doesn't do it's job. Anywho, that's my dos centavos on the "flu shot."
Maybe you should let your body do what it was "designed" to do and die? No? That's what I thought. Now shut up and let people keep themselves healthy by preventing disease with immunization that has been proven to work and proven to largely outweigh the risks of going without it.

I think flu vaccine should be left to those who need it most. The elderly and young should have first choice. I have not had the flu in 35 years. My body has effective defenses against it. Why waste a shot on me? Of course, if you are really concerned about my health, please refrain from smoking around me.

I have read description about the seasonal flu and H1N1 vaccination recommendations. I like your work. I have read that description. I am really appreciated for your valuable knowledge.

"Alternative medicine has either been not been proved to work, or been proved not to work. You know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work? MEDICINE."
Aspirin, one of those nasty chemicals you hate so much, is made from the bark of the willow tree. Medicine does not dismiss natural remedies. It just dismissed bullshit.

LMAO. I had to do an "alternative medicine" project on a rotation and I wanted to stab myself in the eye.

I am not a fan of big pharma, but at least they are held to standards to prove their drugs work and are safe (yes, haters, I am aware that bad drugs still make it through the process).

Contrast that with "alternative" medicine, where you can sell someone horse crap as long as you are vague about what it can do and slap the magic two sentences on it and you can set up shop.

People flip out when fen-fen goes on the market, but they'll readily down Kava because it's "natural" even though it has a nasty tendency to send people into hepatic failure. If a brand drug did that, it would be pulled from the market and the pharmaceuticals would be paying damages through the nose. However, you can still get Kava.

To make matters worse "alternative medicine" vendors and the atrocity on wheels known as "N.D.'s" constantly avoid any double blinded controlled studies because they know their products are not going to live up to their claims.

If I had my way, they would all have "DOES NOT BEAT PLACEBO" stamped across their labels in red letters.

LMAO. I had to do an "alternative medicine" project on a rotation and I wanted to stab myself in the eye.

I am not a fan of big pharma, but at least they are held to standards to prove their drugs work and are safe (yes, haters, I am aware that bad drugs still make it through the process).

Contrast that with "alternative" medicine, where you can sell someone horse crap as long as you are vague about what it can do and slap the magic two sentences on it and you can set up shop.

People flip out when fen-fen goes on the market, but they'll readily down Kava because it's "natural" even though it has a nasty tendency to send people into hepatic failure. If a brand drug did that, it would be pulled from the market and the pharmaceuticals would be paying damages through the nose. However, you can still get Kava.

To make matters worse "alternative medicine" vendors and the atrocity on wheels known as "N.D.'s" constantly avoid any double blinded controlled studies because they know their products are not going to live up to their claims.

If I had my way, they would all have "DOES NOT BEAT PLACEBO" stamped across their labels in red letters.
and sometimes so called "bad drugs" are better than the alternative
just that the patients need to be made aware of that

and sometimes so called "bad drugs" are better than the alternative
just that the patients need to be made aware of that

Yeah, I think I've told the story about the patient at our hospital who had a rare form of cancer and was set up for rads and chemo but opted to go to a "Naturalist Doctor" for treatment. By the time they represented a year later, the mass was so large that their prognosis was terrible. I feel for the patient (aside for the obvious reason), they put their faith in a quack and paid for it with their life. Ironically, since homeopaths aren't regulated by any state board, there is no license to revoke for blatant malpractice.

So tell that to Neal Boortz the next time he says Doctors shouldn't be regulated.

Another case: Thalidomide. Absolutely teratogenic and the FDA did a good job of keeping it off the shelves in the 60s. However, now it is being used in rheumatology to treat (non-pregnant patients) successfully.

The vaccine is a best guess on what we will face in the coming flu season. It may help you or it may not. Personally, I don't flu and think the old and pregnant should have first crack at the vaccine.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back