Seasonal flu and Novel H1N1 Vaccination Recommendations

Millions of H1N1 vaccine doses may have to be discarded

washingtonpost.com
By Rob Stein
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, April 1, 2010

Despite months of dire warnings and millions in taxpayer dollars, less than half of the 229 million doses of H1N1 vaccine the government bought to fight the pandemic have been administered -- leaving an estimated 71.5 million doses that must be discarded if they are not used before they expire.

Between 81 million and 91 million doses of swine flu vaccine were injected into peoples' arms or squirted up their noses through the end of February, according to federal officials, leaving about 138 million doses unused. An estimated 60 million of those will be donated to poor countries or saved for possible future use. But doses already in vials and syringes will be thrown away if not used before their expiration dates pass.

The prospect of millions of doses of the once-precious vaccine being discarded is the latest twist in the $1.6 billion program -- the most ambitious immunization campaign in U.S. history. The government-led effort produced a vaccine in record time, but unexpected production problems delayed delivery of the bulk of supplies until after the second wave of infections had peaked, leaving millions anxious and frustrated as they scrambled for the shots and nasal sprays.
Page2
.......The World Health Organization, meanwhile, faces mounting charges that it overreacted to the pandemic. The Council of Europe's Parliamentary Assembly is investigating allegations that the Geneva-based arm of the United Nations was influenced by pharmaceutical companies to exaggerate the risk, thereby helping in vaccine sales.

WHO officials have strongly disputed the charges, saying the response was vital given the uncertainty about the new virus and its potential threat. Many independent public health experts have defended the agency.................

Dr True Ott PhD ND “Connecting the DOTS” Globalist PLANNED GLobal GENOCIDAL PLAGUES with Controlled Demolition of WORLD Economies !! LABVIRUS.COM

First A/H1N1 flu case detected in Chile's earthquake devastated zone

Key Flu Indicators

April 2, 2010, 11:00 AM

Each week CDC analyzes information about influenza disease activity in the United States and publishes findings of key flu indicators in a report called FluView. During the week of March 21-27, 2010, nationally most key flu indicators remained about the same as during the previous week; however, increasing activity has been reported in certain areas. Below is a summary of the most recent key indicators:

* Visits to doctors for influenza-like illness (ILI) remained stable and relatively low nationally. However, ILI is also looked at by region, and one of 10 U.S. regions, region 9, reported elevated ILI for the week ending March 27. Region 9 is comprised of Arizona, California, Hawaii and Nevada. (Last week, regions 4, 7 and 9 had elevated ILI.)
* Laboratory-confirmed hospitalizations rates have leveled off and very few hospitalizations were reported by states during the week ending March 27; however, some states in the Southeast are reporting recent increases in the number of flu-related hospitalizations.
* The proportion of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza (P&I) based on the 122 Cities Report increased over last week and is now above baseline. One flu-related pediatric death was reported this week, and it was associated with 2009 H1N1. Since April 2009, CDC has received reports of 333 laboratory-confirmed pediatric deaths: 279 due to 2009 H1N1, 52 pediatric deaths that were laboratory confirmed as influenza A, but the flu virus subtype was not determined, and two pediatric deaths that were associated with seasonal influenza viruses. (Laboratory-confirmed deaths are thought to represent an undercount of the actual number. CDC has provided estimates about the number of 2009 H1N1 cases and related hospitalizations and deaths).
* No states reported widespread influenza activity. Three states reported regional influenza activity. They are: Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina. Local and regional flu activity has been sustained in the Southeast United States over the past several weeks.
* The majority of the influenza viruses identified so far continue to be 2009 H1N1 influenza A viruses. These viruses remain similar to the virus chosen for the 2009 H1N1 vaccine and remain susceptible to the antiviral drugs oseltamivir and zanamivir with rare exception.

*All data are preliminary and may change as more reports are received.

I think it's a statistically smart thing to get a flu shot.
especially if you either have or are around kids

kids are germ magnets

Schools are germ breeding grounds, yet parents continue to send their children to school.

Chip and dip sampling platters at supermarkets are germ bins, yet people continue to eat out of them.

Seriously, DC, People do what they want to do, not because it is rational, but because it is what they feel simplifies their lives. People want the easy road. And often that road has more problems than the fixes they saw at first sight. Flue vaccines are just one of those cases.

Pharma Planning to Dump Experimental and Controversial Vaccines in Public Schools
Monday, March 29, 2010 by: Jeffry John Aufderheide

(NaturalNews) The golden calf of public health was smashed in this recent flu season as many in the United States outright rejected the H1N1 vaccine. Pharmaceutical companies are now holding the bag, as millions of doses of the vaccine are rotting on shelves or being discarded as hazardous waste. Or are they? The manufacturer may find it more cost effective to dump them into the arms of our public school systems.

Parents would revolt if they knew that the pharmaceutical industry, the Department of Health and Human Services, and Centers for Disease Control have allocated millions of dollars in funding to establish vaccine clinics in the public schools. Pumping children with experimental vaccines in public school is about to be pursued as a matter of policy........Pharma Planning to Dump Experimental and Controversial Vaccines in Public Schools

Rotarix vaccine banned by UAE | vactruth.com
Kamilah Qasimi
TopNews Arab Emirates
03/25/2010
On Wednesday, Dr Amin Al-Amiri, CEO for Medical Practice and Licensing at the Ministry announced the UAE Ministry of Health has taken the decision to suspend utilization of GlaxoSmithKline’s Rotarix vaccine for some time. The vaccine was found to be impure with extraneous viral DNA bits from the porcine circovirus 1 (or PVC1).
Diarrhea, Fever, Vaccine Snafus, Vomiting
Rotarix vaccine banned by UAE............

Revenues from global vaccine market register UD$27 Billion | vactruth.com

Vaccines-Cervarix, Gardasil, Death, And Extreme Side Effects | vactruth.com
Toyota 52 Deaths, Gardasil 49. Toyota Recalled. | vactruth.com
Baby Vaccine Apparently Tainted with Pig Virus | vactruth.com

Pharma Planning to Dump Experimental and Controversial Vaccines in Public Schools | vactruth.com

vactruth.com | vaccination & immunization website

I think it's a statistically smart thing to get a flu shot.

kids are germ magnets

Schools are germ breeding grounds, yet parents continue to send their children to school.

Chip and dip sampling platters at supermarkets are germ bins, yet people continue to eat out of them.

Seriously, DC, People do what they want to do, not because it is rational, but because it is what they feel simplifies their lives. People want the easy road. And often that road has more problems than the fixes they saw at first sight. Flue vaccines are just one of those cases.
fine, you can choose to do what you wish
i have never said anything other than that
but dont start fear rumors that its some nefarious conspiracy to kill people

and thats not saying YOU personally were

kids are germ magnets

and thats not saying YOU personally were

It isn't a rumor, it's a reality. Probably couldn't nail down who is doing what since politicians are as slippery as jello (yep you know the phrase), but the idea exists. Yes, I believe that there are the useful idiots out there that truly believe what they are doing is good. Fortunately there are some who recover from useful idiot syndrome such as John Stossel. So there is hope for those out there who are suffering from such an ailment. (**Note: you don't have to check with your doctor to be cured of this**)

I wish I could choose what I wish, but the government wont' let me. And that is a FACT!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a5vf9YeDzc&feature=related"]YouTube - Pelosi - We have to pass the bill, so you can find out what is in it[/ame]

Last edited:
schools are germ breeding grounds, yet parents continue to send their children to school.

Seriously, dc, people do what they want to do, not because it is rational, but because it is what they feel simplifies their lives. People want the easy road. And often that road has more problems than the fixes they saw at first sight. Flue vaccines are just one of those cases.

and thats not saying you personally were

it isn't a rumor, it's a reality. Probably couldn't nail down who is doing what since politicians are as slippery as jello (yep you know the phrase), but the idea exists. Yes, i believe that there are the useful idiots out there that truly believe what they are doing is good. Fortunately there are some who recover from useful idiot syndrome such as john stossel. So there is hope for those out there who are suffering from such an ailment. (**note: You don't have to check with your doctor to be cured of this**)

i wish i could choose what i wish, but the government wont' let me. And that is a fact!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a5vf9yedzc&feature=related"]youtube - pelosi - we have to pass the bill, so you can find out what is in it[/ame]
o...... K........

I look at it ths way. If they try to push something on you really hard like these shots, don't do it.
I don't get any of them and I get head colds every 10 or 12 yes or so. Those of my friends that do get them each year are sick . They get the flu and colds 3 or more times during the year.
Those of my friends that refuse the shots are not getting sick and when the do it is usually a cold and do not get sick each and every year like the ones who do have the shot.
Like I said, when anything is pushed hard and heavy onto you DON"T DO IT!!!

This is a great example of a hunch: one person's staggeringly insignificant worldview that takes a sample population of 3 people and determines population-wide conclusions. The fact is, large scale unbiased studies of thousands or tens of thousands of people say otherwise. Now which is more likely to see coincidence and misleading information? A single person with observation bias and no standardization looking at a few people? Or a blinded standardized large scale investigation?

The logic of "if people say it's really important then DONT DO IT" is just sad. But I'm sure a bunch of undereducated hicks know better than the smartest doctors and scientists in the country.

I look at it ths way. If they try to push something on you really hard like these shots, don't do it.
I don't get any of them and I get head colds every 10 or 12 yes or so. Those of my friends that do get them each year are sick . They get the flu and colds 3 or more times during the year.
Those of my friends that refuse the shots are not getting sick and when the do it is usually a cold and do not get sick each and every year like the ones who do have the shot.
wow, you dont seem to understand the difference between a cold and the flu
and if you only get a cold once every 10 to 12 years you are too damn lucky

It's the goofy logic the CDC and medical establishment has to deal with on a regular basis.

It's a classic catch-22. I thought the CDC did a great job with the swine flu as far as preventative measures. They did such a good job that people are now claiming they hyped the matter.

If they'd done nothing and there was a massive mortality factor behind the swine flu, the same people would be screaming for their heads.

They can't win, because in the end it's not about the CDC to these people. It's just another reason to bash the "guberment".

Never mind that we've eradicated small pox world wide and polio here. Never mind that neonatal meningitis rates from Haemophilus Influenzae B have plummeted. Never mind that we can prevent deaths from rabies and tetanus now. Never mind that we can prevent spinal meningitis. Never mind that we are on the cusp of eradicating cervical cancer with the HPV shot. Never mind that we have dropped pneumonia and flu mortality in the elderly. Never mind that morbidities like sterility secondary to orchitis via a mumps infection is a thing of the past. Never mind that we will soon eradicate chickenpox in children and thus (and even more importantly) the shingles in the elderly.

Nope. Because healthy people on here "never get the flu", shots are unnecessary.

Of course, if you know anything about statistics, you know the power of a study and statement increases with the number of people involved. A number of "1" is considered statistically insignificant.

I know we don't always agree, but I know you are a conservative and I appreciate your common sense on this.

As for the "I never get sick people". Eventually you will get sick from the flu which could have been prevented from vaccination. You won't die from it, but you aren't some sort of super-human. You just have avoided the virus for one reason or the other.

It's the goofy logic the CDC and medical establishment has to deal with on a regular basis.

It's a classic catch-22. I thought the CDC did a great job with the swine flu as far as preventative measures. They did such a good job that people are now claiming they hyped the matter.

If they'd done nothing and there was a massive mortality factor behind the swine flu, the same people would be screaming for their heads.

They can't win, because in the end it's not about the CDC to these people. It's just another reason to bash the "guberment".

Never mind that we've eradicated small pox world wide and polio here. Never mind that neonatal meningitis rates from Haemophilus Influenzae B have plummeted. Never mind that we can prevent deaths from rabies and tetanus now. Never mind that we can prevent spinal meningitis. Never mind that we are on the cusp of eradicating cervical cancer with the HPV shot. Never mind that we have dropped pneumonia and flu mortality in the elderly. Never mind that morbidities like sterility secondary to orchitis via a mumps infection is a thing of the past. Never mind that we will soon eradicate chickenpox in children and thus (and even more importantly) the shingles in the elderly.

Nope. Because healthy people on here "never get the flu", shots are unnecessary.

Of course, if you know anything about statistics, you know the power of a study and statement increases with the number of people involved. A number of "1" is considered statistically insignificant.

I know we don't always agree, but I know you are a conservative and I appreciate your common sense on this.

As for the "I never get sick people". Eventually you will get sick from the flu which could have been prevented from vaccination. You won't die from it, but you aren't some sort of super-human. You just have avoided the virus for one reason or the other.
while i do agree that the CDC did over hype it, i dont think taking the flu shot is some huge government conspiracy to give you mind control or a bio-weapon deal
:lol:

while i do agree that the CDC did over hype it, i dont think taking the flu shot is some huge government conspiracy to give you mind control or a bio-weapon deal

I don't think they ove-hyped it at all. The media certainly did, but they always do. The CDC, if you read what they were actually saying, was pretty pragmatic.

Also, this virus was bad. I was on a rotation and doing med-surge at the time (inpatient) and the entire floor was swamped with Flu A. We had incidents were we'd be admitting 10-15 people from the same nursing home for mini epidemics.

In the end, the CDC's preventative measures (to include simple stuff like hygiene) could be what prevented the swine flu from becoming a big problem.

As I said, it's ironic. The better they do their job, the more they are accused of being sensationalists.

I don't think they ove-hyped it at all. The media certainly did, but they always do. The CDC, if you read what they were actually saying, was pretty pragmatic.

Also, this virus was bad. I was on a rotation and doing med-surge at the time (inpatient) and the entire floor was swamped with Flu A. We had incidents were we'd be admitting 10-15 people from the same nursing home for mini epidemics.

In the end, the CDC's preventative measures (to include simple stuff like hygiene) could be what prevented the swine flu from becoming a big problem.

As I said, it's ironic. The better they do their job, the more they are accused of being sensationalists.
well, let me reiterate, the MEDIA did over hype it, likely more so than the CDC
i stand corrected

Forum List

Back