Sears

Issa

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2017
I was tempted to get in at $0.16 now it's flying like a rocket...but still doubtful...what you guys think about the next few weeks for this stock ?

Everyone said stay away from Marijuana stocks too....maybe conventional wisdom is something to ignore.....

..maybe conventional wisdom is something to ignore.....

Rambunctious, my friend -- DON'T eat the yellow snow.

frozen-margarita.jpg

Why?......because conventional wisdom says so?....

It could happen but warehouse real estate is a specialized investment that I am not expert in. For example Books a Million a nearly dead book store chain has a massive warehouse in TX that keeps the company afloat and Walmart is competing with Amazon and E Bay with decent success.

Sears just went up another %40 I'm a happy camper...best investment I made in 2019.

I think anybody buying stock in Sears is a fool

Its certainly a highly speculative issue. There is no real value of Sears' ongoing business that I can see. But some people might have to buy the stock to cover their shorts, and playing for a "short squeeze" could be a gamble that some folks can stomach if they know the market for Sears stock well enough.

I would hope however, that someone who wants to invest new money in Sears, balances their portfolio with more stable investments like lottery tickets and bets on the Hard Eight

Sears is now a ware house play. I do not know what the net present value of ware houses are but ebay, Amazon and Ali Baba are desperate for ware houses.

Thanks, I only had to read 9 post to finally get to one that was both helpful and topical.

My question for the OP- are you an investor or a trader? If you are an investor- do want to own this stock in 5 years? If you are a trader- what is your exit price?

Sears is now a ware house play. I do not know what the net present value of ware houses are but ebay, Amazon and Ali Baba are desperate for ware houses.

Thanks, I only had to read 9 post to finally get to one that was both helpful and topical.

My question for the OP- are you an investor or a trader? If you are an investor- do want to own this stock in 5 years? If you are a trader- what is your exit price?

I would be highly surprised if Sears stock even exists 5 years from now.

That doesn’t necessarily mean it isn’t a good investment. If they hold valuable assets that Amazon, Walmart or (?) would pay a premium for then the buyout price could be well north of today’s stock price.

Sounds like a safe bet. If it works out it will go private, if it doesn't then the shares will make unique wall paper.

Forum List

Back