Sears Lists 79 Stores To Be Closed...

One would have to be completely clueless about Sears' history to think that OBAMA is responsible for Sears' problems.

Jesus! what freaking idiots some of you are.

Truly!

It happened on his watch.

I mean, I guess we can do with this what we can do with every other disaster on his watch, find SOMEONE else to blame.

because whether it's Bush or the American Consumer or Wall Street or the Earthquake in Japan, there is ALWAYS someone else to blame, isn't there?

Joe?

Seriously, are you that stupid?

Go study the long sad history of Sears Roebuck.

I gotta tell you, I'vbe been watching that company since the late 60's.

I wouldn't trust Sears managment to oversee a one car funeral.

At one point in time my family's major investments were in Sears stocks.

Sears has been going down the shitter for DECADES.

The business model for retail changed and Sears couldn't cut it.

Obama has nothing to do with it, bush II had nothingh to do with it and on and on back all the way to LBJ.

Sears lost its way, forgot what it was doing, made enomous investments in areas it had no managment experience in, either.

WALMART type business model killed RETAIL generally, and SEARSWhich used to be the number one retailer in the world!) was the number 1 loser because of it.

Last edited:
Sears deserves to close if they aren't make stores that people want to shop in. Oh well. They went off track when they got so focused on selling you a $75 warranty for your toaster and constantly called and badgered instead of focusing on delivering your appliances and stuff like that. It got to the point i quit shopping there because they became so obnoxious with the warranty selling and the phone calls.

You know what, excuses, excuses.

It's ALWAYS someone else's fault with Obama.

Get's a little tiresome after the 150th chorus, doncha think?

How exactly are Sears store closings Obama's fault? Specifically?

9% unemployment, higher taxes, impossible health care mandates.

Someone figured it just wasn't worth the bother anymore.

One would have to be completely clueless about Sears' history to think that OBAMA is responsible for Sears' problems.

Truly!

It happened on his watch.

I mean, I guess we can do with this what we can do with every other disaster on his watch, find SOMEONE else to blame.

because whether it's Bush or the American Consumer or Wall Street or the Earthquake in Japan, there is ALWAYS someone else to blame, isn't there?

Ames Department Stores went bankrupt and went out of business in 2002. Was that George Bush's fault?

Circuit City announced the liquidation of its operations on January 16th, 2009. Was that George Bush's fault?

Tell us how specifically.

We can save Sears and K mart without using the Illinois corporate welfare breaks.

Just have them accept the EBT. You get extra bang in every buck.

Sears Lists 79 Stores To Be Closed...
Will this Administration still try and claim Unemployment is down? Stay tuned.

Only a dishonest hack such as yourself would attribute this to Obama's policies. Dig a little deeper than your partisan blinders permit and you just might get a sliver of a clue.

Nearly 120 Sears, Kmart stores closing : News : MySouthwestGA.com

Some industry experts say part of the problem that Sears is facing is that economic difficulties continue to grip its core customers. The middle-income shoppers have seen their wages fail to keep up with higher costs for household basics like food.

Middle class income has remained virtually stagnant for years, while the top earners have seen their income increase astronomically. Meanwhile, prices for goods continue to rise. And somehow, to your mind, it's all Obama's fault? :cuckoo:

But analysts say the bigger issue is that Sears hasn't invested in remodeling, leaving its stores uninviting.
Billionaire investor Edward Lampert bought Kmart out of bankruptcy in 2003, and purchased Sears, Roebuck a year later.

I guess you missed that part, too. Perhaps the billionare Mr. Lampert should have invested some money into remodeling. Welcome to the free market, pal. Don't blame Obama, blame poor management.

Will this Administration still try and claim Unemployment is down? Stay tuned.

Sears Holdings Corp on Thursday identified 79 of the 100 to 120 Sears and Kmart stores it said earlier this week it would close, with the list split almost evenly between the two chains.

The struggling retailer on Tuesday reported weak holiday sales and forecast earnings for the current quarter would fall by more than half compared to the year earlier results. It also said it tapped its credit line.

Fitch Ratings on Thursday afternoon downgraded Sears to 'CCC' from 'B', citing a "continued deterioration" in earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization, which it said could turn negative next year.

The list does not include any stores in Illinois, where (D) Governor Pat Quinn two weeks ago signed into law tax breaks aimed at keeping Sears and other Illinois-based companies from leaving the state.

Sears lists 79 closings, gets Fitch downgrade | Reuters
Sears | List | Stores Closing | The Daily Caller

Illinois and corporate welfare.:badgrin:
That's different. Somehow. It just is.

It's different because the State of IL is using its own money to keep companies that improve the economy of IL up and running. Heretofore, it has been OUR dollars that have been used to keep companies, which really don't benefit my state much, up and going.

I realize the same kind of complaint was made about the TVA in the 1940s, though.

Illinois and corporate welfare.:badgrin:

It's different because the State of IL is using its own money to keep companies that improve the economy of IL up and running. Heretofore, it has been OUR dollars that have been used to keep companies, which really don't benefit my state much, up and going.

I realize the same kind of complaint was made about the TVA in the 1940s, though.

But low revenues will have them begging the feds for money.

Oh what the hell its not like we will ever pay the debt anyway.

Truly!

So, what has Obama done to help Sears...or any other business outside of approving of bailing out the banking industry?

I'll wait while you Google Obama+business+assistance......and find something besides Solyndra......

If only Sears would sell Solar Panels?

Truly!

So, what has Obama done to help Sears...or any other business outside of approving of bailing out the banking industry?

I'll wait while you Google Obama+business+assistance......and find something besides Solyndra......

I NEED A HALF BILLION

The Pocket Panel. Yes yes some of those proceeds go to contributions, I couldnt get the non bidder otherwise..

Nobody avoids making money because of the potential tax they may face if successful. That's a meme, it flies in the face of logic and frankly, it's preposterous.
How many businesses have you owned?

Just one, for almost 10 years... One of the most federally regulated industries around...

And you'll never hear me say "Nah I'll have to decline on that deal... I'll make a ton of money and have to pay taxes on it."

But do cost increases looming in the future impact your decision to invest in a new venture?

But low revenues will have them begging the feds for money.

Oh what the hell its not like we will ever pay the debt anyway.

Illinois is looking after Illinois. Sears will still go under, though. This recession is NOT lifting and for it to succeed, people have to have money to spend. I expect this is just the early part of a domino effect if the economy doesn't pick up. Which it looks like it isn't going to.

Truly!

He extended the Bush tax cuts a year ago. I guess this proves that tax cuts don't work.

The local Sears here is in the mall. Three miles down the road is a Kmart/Sears.

Between the two there's a Walmart superstore, a Tractor Supply, a Lowes, a Target, a BestBuy, a Kohl's, a Sam's Club, not to mention the dozens of stores in the mall itself competing in various areas with Sears. And all around, everywhere, the Internet.

Blaming Obama for the fiercely competitive nature of retail in this country? If he has anything to do with it, conservatives should be praising him.

New Topics

Forum List

Back