Sears Lists 79 Stores To Be Closed...

I haven't shopped in a KMart or Sears for years. I figured the liberal WalMart haters would keep them in business.

well no, its sears and Kmarts fault for having higher prices and shit as stores.
Well that and internet shopping has really hurt brick and mortar stores.

Nothing like blaming the victims...

wa..what? What about personal responsibility? This is Sears/kmarts fault for running shitty stores.

I know, i know its easier just to lame Obama and government because you are lazy.

Meanwhile kmart/sears has been getting destroyed by Walmart, Target, and other stores.

Or did you blame Bush and government when they had their other round of closings?

How about when Circuit city crashed? Was that obama's or bushes fault or just poor business practices.

No seriously i love you fucking hacks who fucking constantly scream free markets, FREE MARKETS, and when one store has giant closings like this. You come Running and scream how it was government who did them in.

Fuck you, and fuck the horse you rode in on, that should have been put down and turned into dog food for being so old and run down.

Having a temper tantrum today, bud?

Again, Sears is an American Institution. It's been around since the 19th century. This isn't like, let's say, Blockbuster closing down because the technology changed. (Although this also came to pass on Obama's watch, as did the closing of Borders Books.)

Point is, we can come up with a list of corporate casualties during Bush's 8 years and Obama's 3, but I'll bet you Obama's will be bigger on a per-year basis.

Now maybe it ain't his fault things are bad, but he's not doing much to make them better.

Thankfully, the GOP will probalby save his mediocre ass by nominating an awful candidate, so you can sleep well at night.

I'll be stocking canned goods. And Ammunition.

Sears is crumbling under 125 years of history and finding money to pay all that retirement pay to boomers retiring now. All businesses have to fold to pay taxes first, then employees, then, scramble to deal with latch-key kids turned adults who don't know right from wrong and think anything they see is theirs already.

/ok, hot air

Will this Administration still try and claim Unemployment is down? Stay tuned.

Sears Holdings Corp on Thursday identified 79 of the 100 to 120 Sears and Kmart stores it said earlier this week it would close, with the list split almost evenly between the two chains.

The struggling retailer on Tuesday reported weak holiday sales and forecast earnings for the current quarter would fall by more than half compared to the year earlier results. It also said it tapped its credit line.

Fitch Ratings on Thursday afternoon downgraded Sears to 'CCC' from 'B', citing a "continued deterioration" in earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization, which it said could turn negative next year.

The list does not include any stores in Illinois, where (D) Governor Pat Quinn two weeks ago signed into law tax breaks aimed at keeping Sears and other Illinois-based companies from leaving the state.

Sears lists 79 closings, gets Fitch downgrade | Reuters
Sears | List | Stores Closing | The Daily Caller

Ours closed last year. Big ticket items weren't selling, as needed, to keep the doors open.

Big ticket items and tools are all they sell in Murray, KY.

It's all Bush's fault.

well no, its sears and Kmarts fault for having higher prices and shit as stores.

You are right, but you can still buy from Sears online if I recall correctly. In the last year I have found my life to be greatly improved by online shopping. I took Amazon Prime so pretty much everything I buy has no shipping charge added and I get it in two days. My coffee pot quit. Did I hump it down to Wally World only to find that they don't even carry what I wanted. Oh HELL no. I just ordered online today and will have it in a couple of days.

And did I drive 15 miles to town and 15 miles back to get a five dollar box of adhesive tape remover pads? No, I ordered it online, no shipping added and it will arrive tomorrow. Did I have to put up with some ill tempered check out person with either of these purchases? That's right, no I didn't.

I love Amazon.com. Overstock.com is my favorite closeout shopping place now. And I don't really care if all the brick and mortar stores close. They have become such a pain in the ass, I would rather pluck my nose hairs with red hot pliars than to go out shopping.

But but but...the recovery is upon us!

I'm sure it has little to do with the recession. Kmart/Sears has been going downhill for a long time now. The free market is simply pushing out what people don't want.

I'm much in agreement.

Certainly the recession hasn't helped, but Sears is a failing business model; a dinosaur that began to perish when the Competitive Internet Catalog Shopping Comet hit the planet.

:(

All those employees will find it very tough to find a job.....does America REALLY NEED more people in retail sales? What incentives has the Dem-controlled government given to employers to hire? Raising the minimum wage? Raising Employer costs of healthcare benefits? Threatening to raise taxes?

You are right, but you can still buy from Sears online if I recall correctly. In the last year I have found my life to be greatly improved by online shopping. I took Amazon Prime so pretty much everything I buy has no shipping charge added and I get it in two days. My coffee pot quit. Did I hump it down to Wally World only to find that they don't even carry what I wanted. Oh HELL no. I just ordered online today and will have it in a couple of days.

And did I drive 15 miles to town and 15 miles back to get a five dollar box of adhesive tape remover pads? No, I ordered it online, no shipping added and it will arrive tomorrow. Did I have to put up with some ill tempered check out person with either of these purchases? That's right, no I didn't.

I love Amazon.com. Overstock.com is my favorite closeout shopping place now. And I don't really care if all the brick and mortar stores close. They have become such a pain in the ass, I would rather pluck my nose hairs with red hot pliars than to go out shopping.

they still tend to be overpriced or a few bucks more than the targets and walmarts.

Nobody goes to sears because they are overpriced. Nobody goes to Kmart because they are ( well tend to) look dirty and run down.

If I wanted to go to a Sears to shop for anything other than an appliance or a tool kit, I would have to drive an hour and a half. I don't even know where the nearest K Mart is.

Will this Administration still try and claim Unemployment is down? Stay tuned.

Sears Holdings Corp on Thursday identified 79 of the 100 to 120 Sears and Kmart stores it said earlier this week it would close, with the list split almost evenly between the two chains.

The struggling retailer on Tuesday reported weak holiday sales and forecast earnings for the current quarter would fall by more than half compared to the year earlier results. It also said it tapped its credit line.

Fitch Ratings on Thursday afternoon downgraded Sears to 'CCC' from 'B', citing a "continued deterioration" in earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization, which it said could turn negative next year.

The list does not include any stores in Illinois, where (D) Governor Pat Quinn two weeks ago signed into law tax breaks aimed at keeping Sears and other Illinois-based companies from leaving the state.

Sears lists 79 closings, gets Fitch downgrade | Reuters
Sears | List | Stores Closing | The Daily Caller

Illinois and corporate welfare.:badgrin:
That's different. Somehow. It just is.

Hope you didn't trip over anything in your rush to post the bad news. You guys are assholes.

leavebarakalonest8.jpg

So? Boehner and friends are keeping congress from working on jobs. He continues to do Teaparty bidding at every turn, wasting time and threatening the middle class. Voters understand this, they blasted Republican offices after he made a decision not to extend.

Boehner in Wonderland: House Republicans Give Thumbs Down to Economic Relief « Main Street

Congress doesn't create jobs. The private sector does. and they won't create them if they think the government is going to tax them or regulate them out of any possiblity of a profit.

How could anything Congress did have prevented the collapse of Sears? This is Sears, a company that has been around since the 19th century, the people who practically invented the "Department Store".

And they are going out of business.

Nobody avoids making money because of the potential tax they may face if successful. That's a meme, it flies in the face of logic and frankly, it's preposterous.
How many businesses have you owned?

Ours closed last year. Big ticket items weren't selling, as needed, to keep the doors open.

Our's closed last year as well. I got some great deals on the closing sales. I even bought some fixtures. The best thing was their wooden Levi Jeans display bins. I got rid of our dressers & put all of our clothes in those. They hold an enormous amount of clothes because they are tall & deep. Easy to access, keep organized & find clothes fast. If they won't fit in your closet, you can put in bedroom in place of dressers & hang a curtain in front of it if you desire.

Congress doesn't create jobs. The private sector does. and they won't create them if they think the government is going to tax them or regulate them out of any possiblity of a profit.

How could anything Congress did have prevented the collapse of Sears? This is Sears, a company that has been around since the 19th century, the people who practically invented the "Department Store".

And they are going out of business.

Nobody avoids making money because of the potential tax they may face if successful. That's a meme, it flies in the face of logic and frankly, it's preposterous.

Just one, for almost 10 years... One of the most federally regulated industries around...

And you'll never hear me say "Nah I'll have to decline on that deal... I'll make a ton of money and have to pay taxes on it."

Just one, for almost 10 years... One of the most federally regulated industries around...

And you'll never hear me say "Nah I'll have to decline on that deal... I'll make a ton of money and have to pay taxes on it."

How many regulatory hoops do you have to jump through?

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_welfare/downloads/awr/awr.pdf

That's just the animal stuff... I'm of course still subject to the requirements of any other business as well.

Last edited:

That's just the animal stuff... I'm of course still subject to the requirements of any other business as well.
And you support more government control over business?

And you support more government control over business?

Keep goin' Daveman.....you are just about to trip him up. The actual, real-life small business owner is no match for your superior skills.

Sears has been losing ground for 30 years.

All that is happening now is that the depression is speeding up the process.

American Institution? No the Museum of fine arts is an american Institution. Sears is a company.

Since you are crying over it, maybe we should bail them out right? Since they are so important to "america"

You really want to go ahead. But its quite meaningless to the argument. Since i dont blame Presidents for corporate closings.

You stock those things, while you jack off to picture of your boyfriend newt.

Wow, guy, getting a bit sensitive, are we?

Frankly, I never shopped at Sears, was never a big store for me as far as brand loyalty, but again, Obama seems to have a lot of these on his watch, and the few times something collapsed on Bush's watch, you guys were breaking out the ash and sackcloth.

Sears survived dozens of Panics and Depressions and Recessions, but along comes Obama and they're toast. That's a pretty high level of fail. It's a nuclear bomb that actually kills the cockroaches, too.

and he'll win because there are too many people sucking at the government teet to want to change us back to a business friendly environment, and all the Republicans kind of suck. (Including Gingrich, who sucks less than the others.)

One would have to be completely clueless about Sears' history to think that OBAMA is responsible for Sears' problems.

Jesus! what freaking idiots some of you are.

Truly!

Forum List

Back