Searching for water in the prairies with metal frames

Selivan

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2018
USSR
As you know, when adventurers arrived on the "island of America," one of the first questions was the search for water ...
-------------------------------------------------- -----------------
You live far from a river, lake or other body of water ...
You need water ....
How to find water? :04:

The following solution is proposed ...
- Take 2 pieces of any wire (preferably aluminum or copper), 5 mm in diameter and 40 cm in length ...
- Each of these pieces bend so that it looks like the Russian letter "Г" :04:
- Take the short end of this wire in the left and right hand
- Hold the wire free so that it can rotate
- Walk on a piece of land
- When the wires cross over, it means that there is water below, you can dig a well ...

==============================================
Is it true or not?
I'm talking about Fundamental Physics and Practice ...
:04::04::04:

This actually works. I have also used this method to locate underground waterlines. Its weird to see, but it works.

The explanation I heard was the metal reacts to differences in the magnetic fields.

• Banned
This actually works. I have also used this method to locate underground waterlines. Its weird to see, but it works.

The explanation I heard was the metal reacts to differences in the magnetic fields.

That's right, but the magnetic fields have nothing to do with it ...
Besides...
There are restrictions on the depth of occurrence of groundwater and the speed of their movement ..
-------------------------
Besides...
This is the easiest way to search for a rupture in oil pipes

• Banned
Fundamental and Building physics ...
(I write simple concepts, but not scientific ones)
-------------------------------------------------
Water...
- surface water, which remains after the rain (20-30 from the surface)
- groundwater, which rises from below through capillary phenomena (1 to 2 meters from the surface
- water "on sand" - 3-10 m from the surface
- artesian water - deeper than 30 m from the surface

================================================== ====
Now the next ...
- The whole "water on the sand" 3-10 m is in motion ... It is practically an underground river, that is, moving molecules that rub and create free radicals that have a charge ...
The same for oil ...

-------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------
This means that you can not find water with metal frames, if it is deeper than 7 meters or it does not move (you are on a swamp) ....

The physical principle ...

1. Moving water (oil) rubs against the ground and creates charged particles ..
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------
2. A moving charged particle creates a ELECTRIC FIELD ...
Even if these particles created a magnetic field, then to record the magnetic field you should have a device 1000 times more sensitive than an electric one ....
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------
3. You have metal frames and keep them in bare hands ...
From the point of view of Physics:
- The human body has an electrical capacitance and inductance
- Frames are an antenna
- Nature has made it so that human parameters coincide
- There comes a RESONANCE, when small fluctuations of water in the soil coincide with the oscillatory contour formed by the human body and metal frames ...
- The frames are attracted ...

===============================================
Put on gloves and you will not be able to do anything ...
:04:

Last edited:
Fundamental and Building physics ...
(I write simple concepts, but not scientific ones)
-------------------------------------------------
Water...
- surface water, which remains after the rain (20-30 from the surface)
- groundwater, which rises from below through capillary phenomena (1 to 2 meters from the surface
- water "on sand" - 3-10 m from the surface
- artesian water - deeper than 30 m from the surface

Now the next ...
- The whole "water on the sand" 3-10 m is in motion ... It is practically an underground river, that is, moving molecules that rub and create free radicals that have a charge ...
The same for oil ...

-------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------
This means that you can not find water with metal frames, if it is deeper than 7 meters or it does not move (you are on a swamp) ....

The physical principle ...

1. Moving water (oil) rubs against the ground and creates charged particles ..
2. A moving charged particle creates a ELECTRIC FIELD ...
Even if these particles created a magnetic field, then to record the magnetic field you should have a device 1000 times more sensitive than an electric one ....
3. You have metal frames and keep them in bare hands ...
From the point of view of Physics:
- The human body has an electrical capacitance and inductance
- Frames are an antenna
- Nature has made it so that human parameters coincide
- There comes a RESONANCE, when small fluctuations of water in the soil coincide with the oscillatory contour formed by the human body and metal frames ...
- The frames are attracted ...

===============================================
Put on gloves and you will not be able to do anything ...
:04:

BULLSHIT.
Let us examine the facts one by one from this charlatan fool systematically and in order since the coward runs from my simple math problem which he admits he cannot solve.. Sellivan claims to be a physicist, yet, all of his "problems" never arise above those of "Dr. Proton" giving foaming baking soda and vinegar volcanoes for school kids.

1. Take 2 pieces of any wire (preferably aluminum or copper), Since aluminum and copper have widely different conductive properties, copper one of the highest and aluminum one of the lowest (about 60% copper), why should either of these be preferred?
  2. "Dousing" or "Divining" has been widely tested and found to have absolutely no merit whatsoever, and whose effect is attributed to a combination of superstition ( the ideomotor effect) and subliminal knowledge of the surroundings (and a little luck).
  3. That's right, but the magnetic fields have nothing to do with it ...
  4. This is the easiest way to search for a rupture in oil pipes
  5. Moving water (oil) rubs against the ground and creates charged particles .. Yet in the case of a pipe rupture, flow has been stopped, creating an underground pool. And this totally ignores the matter of the Boundary Layer Effect (water in contact with the earth will not be moving). First you say magnetism has a minimal effect, then you claim: A moving charged particle creates a ELECTRIC FIELD ... yet electric and magnetic fields go hand in hand (electromagnetism). Since you claim this is caused by a stationary electric (DC) field (the "rubbing" of the moving water or oil) with a minimal magnetic component, that suggests the process here is one of TRIBOELECTRIC origins: Triboelectric effect - Wikipedia The first problem is that this requires a conductor (low valance election count) and an insulator (high valance electron count). Water is a fair conductor but oil (what plastic is made out of) is a POOR conductor! Further, what is the insulator that allows the charge to develop, the dirt?
  6. Even if these particles created a magnetic field, then to record the magnetic field you should have a device 1000 times more sensitive than an electric one .... So, a COMPASS would not detect the field? But the electric field is high enough that a wood stick will? OK, you said metal rods, but since you must be touching these and you are touching the ground, then you are at GROUND POTENTIAL, and all you can record then is an electric CURRENT through the body and not a voltage (it is assumed the current's induced magnetic field is what draws the rods together?). Can you explain this Sellivan?
  7. The human body has an electrical capacitance and inductance You mean REACTANCE. That is a function of an AC field. But the body HAS NO APPRECIABLE INDUCTANCE (in microhenries, a HF AC field passes easily over the body), and tests of the body's capacitance varies greatly but is never more than a few picofarads, or even less than one pF.
  8. There comes a RESONANCE, when small fluctuations of water in the soil coincide with the oscillatory contour formed by the human body and metal frames Again, RESONANCE is a function of an AC field, "oscillatory contour" of the human body is pure RUBBISH.
  9. Put on gloves and you will not be able to do anything ... So again you have confirmed this is an AC current effect in a situation where at best under rare and unpredictable circumstances you might develop a weak DC stationary charge, yet without an insulator to hold it, and ABSOLUTELY NO MECHANISM to create an AC field upon which most of your statements depend! How do you develop a sustained AC field from triboelectric rubbing? This is pure rubbish Sellivan but if any of it were true, not only would it register a deflection of a compass (thereby eliminating the need for all the hokum) one could easily register the electric field with a DMM (digital multimeter). Yet after decades and decades of testing and experiments since the 19th century with the most sophisticated equipment, NO ONE has ever been able to find any correlation!
Dowsing - Wikipedia

Now I have in house, test equipment that will record down to 10 uV (10 microvolts or 0.00001 volt, Fluke 867 Graphical Multimeter), and down to 1 uA (1 microampere, or 0.000001 amp, Hewlett Packard Model 428B milliammeter plus other ammeters), which should easily detect any of these electric processes! I mean, if they are strong enough to create an electric field from meters away able to deflect metal wire held in the hand?!

SO TELL ME, Sellivan, what tests have you conducted? What equipment have you tried to confirm this? What have you done WHERE ALL OTHERS HAVE FAILED to show this is a real effect and not just superstition or happenstance? Because many companies have tried. Many companies have promised, many have spent millions hoping this would work, and ALL HAVE FAILED. This would include devices such as the:

MOLE Programmable System manufactured by Global Technical Ltd. of Kent, UK. FAILED.
ADE 651 - Wikipedia FAILED.
Sniffex - Wikipedia FAILED.
GT200 - Wikipedia FAILED.

So, is the great Soviet Physicist so busy always telling us how Russia did everything first and better than the stupid Americans going to refute any of these statements with scientifically repeatable and verifiable facts, or will you run again like a little girl with piss running down your leg and hide from me? I'm waiting to talk science and physics with you Sellivan. BTW, I'm still waiting for your solution to the problem:

new-1.jpg

You are nothing but a lying, phony "Soviet" propagandizing and propagandized pseudoscience FRAUDULANT HACK (probably with a high school level education in science, physics and math).

Last edited:
As you know, when adventurers arrived on the "island of America," one of the first questions was the search for water ...
You live far from a river, lake or other body of water ...
You need water ....
How to find water? :04:

The following solution is proposed ...
- Take 2 pieces of any wire (preferably aluminum or copper), 5 mm in diameter and 40 cm in length ...
- Each of these pieces bend so that it looks like the Russian letter "Г" :04:
- Take the short end of this wire in the left and right hand
- Hold the wire free so that it can rotate
- Walk on a piece of land
- When the wires cross over, it means that there is water below, you can dig a well ...

==============================================
Is it true or not?
I'm talking about Fundamental Physics and Practice ...
:04::04::04:

1295180.png

WB, if these water lines run through metal pipe AND the soil around them is dry, AND if there was a high difference of potential between the one end and the other, that COULD induce an electric current to flow along these pipes inducing magnetic field lines. However, the flux of these lines would rotate at a right angle to the direction of the pipe, so I am still at a loss as to how the "diving rods" cross each other (point in different directions) or become strong enough to deflect metal (but not a compass).

Keep in mind that none of this has anything to do with the alleged "rubbing of water" in the OP.

Maybe Mr Science Sellivan can explain that to us between one of his many trips to Florida USA for a little tanning?

Last edited:

There's one born every minute.

Dowsing - Wikipedia

I am a skeptic. But when I try something and it works, I have no problem saying it works.

The next time you see a bunch of those little flags stuck in the ground to locate utilities, grab one and use it to see for yourself. If you need info on how and where to bend the slim rod, let me know.

The next time you see a bunch of those little flags stuck in the ground to locate utilities, grab one and use it to see for yourself. If you need info on how and where to bend the slim rod, let me know.

The gullibility of some people is amazing. Some people really will fall for almost anything.

View attachment 184949

Oh, so since you found a page on Wikipedia saying there is no evidence, you refuse to try it for yourself? M'kay

Wikipedia was created by the Americans to prove their stupidity and ignorance around the world ... :04:
-----------------------------
In Russia,
- If you give a link to Wikipedia, then you are laughed at
- But you can give a link to Wikipedia, in small matters ... and especially if you think your opponent is a complete jerk and you do not have to spend time on him - just give him a link to the wiki and let it shut up...
:1peleas:

Forum List

Back