Searching for support

soldiers_mom

Rookie
Jul 27, 2008
Hi - My son is being re-deployed soon and will be going to Iraq (last deployment he fortunately spent elsewhere).

I'm trying to find a forum of other mothers of soldiers serving in Iraq in order to build a support network to help me get through his time away.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

A little about me - I am 50-something, a grandma who wants peace. To that end, I am supporting Barack Obama for president.

:welcome:

Please! Pass along my "Thank You", to your son. And a great big ((((hug)))) for you too! Please let him know how much he is appreciated for serving.

With my sincere gratitude!

Californa Granny

Marine Mom myself - they say "Once a Marine - Always a Marine"
So that means we Marine "Mom's" too.

:eusa_pray: for Peace. Bring them all home!

Hi - My son is being re-deployed soon and will be going to Iraq (last deployment he fortunately spent elsewhere).

I'm trying to find a forum of other mothers of soldiers serving in Iraq in order to build a support network to help me get through his time away.

A little about me - I am 50-something, a grandma who wants peace. To that end, I am supporting Barack Obama for president.

Not sure about the Army, but the Marine Wives have a HUGE support network. You can't get scratched without every one of them knowing it, how long and how deep and how many stitches and what you called the Doc stitching you up.

If you're interested, get hold of the 11th, 13th, or 15th MEU at Camp Pendletion, CA or I MEF at the same place and ask to speak to one of the women in charge of the Marine Wives.

They might be able to at least give you some pointers or help you get set up.

Addtionally you can contact the Red Cross in your area. A brand new program has been established in an agreement between the DOD and Red Cross and if there is not a local liason at your local chapter they can put you in touch with one. !! Thanks to you and your son. I want peace too

Addtionally you can contact the Red Cross in your area. A brand new program has been established in an agreement between the DOD and Red Cross and if there is not a local liason at your local chapter they can put you in touch with one. !! Thanks to you and your son. I want peace too

The Wives are better. They aren't an administrative bureacracy. They have only their unit to deal with. The Red Cross is international in scope.

Yahoo Groups is a good place to look. Here is a link I hope will help. These are not message boards or forums, they are email groups for people with the same interests, families, clubs, etc to keep connect through the internet. You could even start your own support group, if you wanted. It's really easy to set up, plus it is free.

Like this message board you have to sign up for most of them, which is a good thing. Let us know if you find something, ok?

Yahoo! Groups : Search Results

Good luck. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
Thanks for the response and your support. I will give Yahoo another look. When I searched there the other day, I couldn't seem to find the right group for me. I should have also mentioned that my son is in the National Guard (I never would have thought that just a few years after enlisting he would get activated and sent to war)

I support our troops 100%. They are brave men and women who are sacrificing so much for our country. However, I do not support the war in Iraq. I want it to end and I want our troops to come home.

Thanks for the response and your support. I will give Yahoo another look. When I searched there the other day, I couldn't seem to find the right group for me. I should have also mentioned that my son is in the National Guard (I never would have thought that just a few years after enlisting he would get activated and sent to war)

I support our troops 100%. They are brave men and women who are sacrificing so much for our country. However, I do not support the war in Iraq. I want it to end and I want our troops to come home.

They are brave men and women. Many people don't support the war, but support our troops. I pray for the safety of our soldiers and peace every day, and hope they ALL can come home to their family and friends safe and sound SOON!

God Bless to you and your son, and keep us posted!

Forum List

Back