Sean Hannity Suggests The U.S. Invade Kuwait And “Take All Their Oil”

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
News Hounds: Chickenhawk Sean Hannity Suggests The U.S. Invade Kuwait And ?Take All Their Oil?

Video after the jump:

During the Great American Panel segment of Hannity last night (1/14/11), Hannity said:

There’s two things I’ve said. I said why isn’t Iraq paying us back with oil, and paying every American family and their soldiers that lost loved ones or have injured soldiers, and why didn’t they pay for their own liberation? For the Kuwait oil minister: how short his memory is. You know, we have every right to go in there and frankly take all their oil and make THEM pay for the liberation as these sheiks, etcetera, etcetera, you know were living in hotels in London and New York, as Trump pointed out, and now they’re gouging us.

Invade Kuwait? Where have I heard this one before? :eusa_think:

I love that last part though:

and now they’re gouging us

Welcome to Capitalism, Sean!

Nice of you to put words in his mouth that he didn't even say.

All he is saying is that it is normal to make such countries pay for war reparations. We wouldn't have to "invade" anyone, since we're already in both countries.

Carry on dipshit.

Hannity: During the Great American Panel segment of Hannity last night (1/14/11), Hannity said:
There’s two things I’ve said. I said why isn’t Iraq paying us back with oil, and paying every American family and their soldiers that lost loved ones or have injured soldiers, and why didn’t they pay for their own liberation?

The simple answer, "They never asked to be liberated".

draft_lens2337980module13733099photo_1233450756Bush_Shoe_Bronze_Statue_Iraq.jpg

All he is saying is that it is normal to make such countries pay for war reparations. We wouldn't have to "invade" anyone, since we're already in both countries.

Carry on dipshit.

Except Iraq never attacked us. Also, the Iraqi people aren't the ones who we were going to war with. In fact, President Bush said we were there to liberate the Iraqi people. I must of missed the part of "liberating" where you take the resources from people who actually didn't want you there in the first place.

I didn't put any words in his mouth either. Sean's also upset about Capitalism.

Carry on dipshit.

I have to admit it is a bit disingenuous to first claim to "Liberate" a nation, and then claim the nation should repay its liberators.

How is this any different than Germany "Liberating" Poland in 1939?

I think what the often Ham Handed Hannity is trying to say is that if the nation of Kuwait really appreciated not being part of a Greater Iraq under Saddam Hussein, then they would not support the OPEC cartel's effort to incresase oil prices.

Carry on dipshit.

Except Iraq never attacked us. Also, the Iraqi people aren't the ones who we were going to war with. In fact, President Bush said we were there to liberate the Iraqi people. I must of missed the part of "liberating" where you take the resources from people who actually didn't want you there in the first place.

I didn't put any words in his mouth either. Sean's also upset about Capitalism.
:eusa_eh:
Exactly:

Next time we invade a country, we first need to poll the population to see if there is a statistically significant amount of support, and then we need to get an iron-clad committment in writing from the government that we plan to destroy that they will pay for the liberation.

:doubt:

Let's consider some context, shall we? Wasn't this the show where Donald Trump asked why the United States got nothing in return for liberating Kuwait?

I watched the embedded video in the OP article, and Hannity mentioned something to the effect that Trump thinks the USA got nothing for liberating Kuwait.

Frankly, I think we all get warm fuzzy feelings about kicking the Iraqi Military's Ass in less than 100 hours.

highway-80-the-highway-of-death-war-destruction-kuwait-demotivational-poster-1255146160.jpg

I watched the embedded video in the OP article, and Hannity mentioned something to the effect that Trump thinks the USA got nothing for liberating Kuwait.

He did mention that. Sean is also incorrect about that. One recent example:

Kuwait to Give $500M for Katrina Relief - U.S. & World - FOXNews.com

CAIRO, Egypt — Donations to Hurricane Katrina (search) relief poured in from around the world Sunday, with Kuwait offering $500 million and other Mideast countries offering aid and condolences despite widespread opposition to U.S. policies in the area.

The $500 million offer by Kuwait — which owes its 1991 liberation from seven months of occupation by Saddam Hussein's Iraqi army to a U.S.-led coalition — is the largest to date, surpassing the $100 million pledged by Qatar, another U.S. ally in the Mideast.

I guess Sean doesn't bother to read articles online for the network he works for. Or he thinks $500 million alone is nothing. Never mind the fact that Kuwait and other countries paid off how much the war cost back in the 90's.

News Hounds: Chickenhawk Sean Hannity Suggests The U.S. Invade Kuwait And ?Take All Their Oil?

Video after the jump:

During the Great American Panel segment of Hannity last night (1/14/11), Hannity said:

There’s two things I’ve said. I said why isn’t Iraq paying us back with oil, and paying every American family and their soldiers that lost loved ones or have injured soldiers, and why didn’t they pay for their own liberation? For the Kuwait oil minister: how short his memory is. You know, we have every right to go in there and frankly take all their oil and make THEM pay for the liberation as these sheiks, etcetera, etcetera, you know were living in hotels in London and New York, as Trump pointed out, and now they’re gouging us.

Invade Kuwait? Where have I heard this one before? :eusa_think:

I love that last part though:

and now they’re gouging us

Welcome to Capitalism, Sean!

I am sure glad hannity is not one of those hate and fear mongers. I am sure Kuwait would just give it to us without any deaths or killing though.

CAIRO, Egypt — Donations to Hurricane Katrina (search) relief poured in from around the world Sunday, with Kuwait offering $500 million and other Mideast countries offering aid and condolences despite widespread opposition to U.S. policies in the area.

The $500 million offer by Kuwait — which owes its 1991 liberation from seven months of occupation by Saddam Hussein's Iraqi army to a U.S.-led coalition — is the largest to date, surpassing the $100 million pledged by Qatar, another U.S. ally in the Mideast.

I guess Sean doesn't bother to read articles online for the network he works for. Or he thinks $500 million alone is nothing.

Kuwait waited until the 2005 Katrina disaster to "pay back" its 1991 liberation?

Also, last I checked, Kuwait and other countries already paid off how much the war cost.

Gulf War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The cost of the war to the United States was calculated by the United States Congress to be $61.1 billion.[109] About $52 billion of that amount was paid by different countries around the world: $36 billion by Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and other Persian Gulf States; $16 billion by Germany and Japan (which sent no combat forces due to their constitutions). About 25% of Saudi Arabia's contribution was paid in the form of in-kind services to the troops, such as food and transportation.[109] U.S. troops represented about 74% of the combined force, and the global cost was therefore higher.

Is there a Liberation fee that was left unaccounted for in the original cost of the war that Sean knows about but we don't? :eusa_eh:

Kuwait waited until the 2005 Katrina disaster to "pay back" its 1991 liberation?

Nope. Look at post #15. They paid us back years ago. Sean Hannity clearly has no idea what he's talking about at all on this topic. Not like it's any different from his usual blabbering however.

I guess Sean doesn't bother to read articles online for the network he works for. Or he thinks $500 million alone is nothing. Never mind the fact that Kuwait and other countries paid off how much the war cost back in the 90's.

hey thats a fox news link:evil:

:lol:

Nope. Look at post #15. They paid us back years ago. Sean Hannity clearly has no idea what he's talking about at all on this topic. Not like it's any different from his usual blabbering however.

I was about to say...when does Hannity ever know what he's talking about.

All he knows is that he's a die-hard RW Republican.

That's about the extent of Hannity's knowledge.

hey thats a fox news link:evil:

:lol:

They're part of the Coalition of the "Evul" Liberal media. :lol:

Also:

History of Kuwait - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2003, Kuwait served as the major staging base for the coalition forces in the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq; Sabah Al Ahmed Al Jaber Al Sabah became the Emir of Kuwait on January 18, 2006

It would be difficult to put a price as to not only how valuable that is but also how much danger Kuwait puts themselves in for terrorism attacks.

Forum List

Back