Sean Hannity - "Misinformer of the Year"

He hasn't misinformed me much.

Of course I have this superpower techology that protects me from people like him.

It's the channel-changer.

I woul say misinformer of the year honors goes hands down to Barrack Obama. What all was he going to change BEFORE he fell in line with the bureaucracy that ate DC?:eusa_whistle:

He's another talk show host with an agenda... playing to his audience... but to have an incredibly based organization like media matters put out something, is completely meaningless

Isn't this another creation of the Democrat party's sugardaddy, George Soros?

Remember back in the nineties when so-called Republican sugardaddies were the scourge of the earth and a threat to democracy - at least according to the Democrats and their syncophantic mainstream media?

Sorta like when Republicans used to have the edge in fundraising, this too was going to destroy democracy and we had to "get the money out of politics."

But now that the Democrats have their own sugardaddy who is known for destroying other country's currencies for his own gain and Barack Obama has a fundraising program that includes illegal foreign contributions and untracable credit cards, well maybe sugardaddies and money in politics ain't so bad after all...

Last edited:
Im reminded of how Drudge had a headline last week about quote of the year being Chris Mathiews "shock down my leg" or something.. but then upon further reading the nomination came from Brent Bozel's little Media Research Center..

[insert mime action jacking off motion]

I really like thoughtful conservative columnists like George Will, Bill Kristol and especially Mark Steyn. I listened to a Paul Weyrich interview the other day and thought it was really interesting. I loved William Buckley and used to read The American Spectator. However, I can't stand conservative talk radio because I do think they spread a lot of misinformation, and a lot of it is just shrill hysteria. Oddly, Hannity is the one I dislike the least and is at least tolerable at times.

I really like thoughtful conservative columnists like George Will, Bill Kristol and especially Mark Steyn. I listened to a Paul Weyrich interview the other day and thought it was really interesting. I loved William Buckley and used to read The American Spectator. However, I can't stand conservative talk radio because I do think they spread a lot of misinformation, and a lot of it is just shrill hysteria. Oddly, Hannity is the one I dislike the least and is at least tolerable at times.

Some of his tales:

On the September 8 broadcast of The Sean Hannity Show, Hannity accused Obama of an "outright falsehood," asserting that Obama said "Fox News and Republican commentators suggest that, in other words, that he is a Muslim. No one has ever suggested that." In reality, Fox News was quite infamously the home of E.D. Hill and the "terrorist fist jab," and several other Fox News personalities promoted false reports about Obama's religion, including the claim that Obama was educated in a madrassa.
On the August 4 broadcast of his radio program, Hannity claimed that Obama could not "point to a single instance in which ... Sean Hannity or talk radio or any other major Republican has made an issue of Obama's race." On the October 13 edition of Hannity & Colmes, he claimed that "[n]obody in the Republican Party" resorted to overtones of "race and fear" in attacking Obama. Months earlier, however, Hannity had claimed that Obama "has all the same problems with race as those before him," and asked: "Do the Obamas have a race problem of their own?" As Media Matters noted, Hannity was joined by Rush Limbaugh, John Gibson, and several Republican officials and supporters in making "an issue of Obama's race" or name.
On the July 31 Hannity & Colmes, Hannity incredulously challenged a guest: "Can you name any prominent Republican that has brought up -- that has said that [Obama] is not patriotic, or that he's got a funny name, or that he doesn't look like those presidents on dollar bills? Do you know any prominent Republican that has said any of these things?" In fact, Hannity himself had raised questions about Obama's patriotism, as had Rep. Jack Kingston (R-GA), while Rep. Steve King (R-IA) claimed that if Obama was elected, "radical Islamists" would "be dancing in the streets because of his middle name."

But are any of the points that Media Matters bring up wrong?

I'd be interested in knowing.

What's funny is that there are two highly biased sources trying to counter one another. Take for instance this:

In an August 1, 2007, speech, Obama said of terrorists in Pakistan:

OBAMA: I understand that President [Pervez] Musharraf has his own challenges. But let me make this clear. There are terrorists holed up in those mountains who murdered 3,000 Americans. They are plotting to strike again. It was a terrible mistake to fail to act when we had a chance to take out an al Qaeda leadership meeting in 2005. If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will.

Almost immediately afterward, Hannity began attacking Obama over the comment, claiming he made a "rookie mistake" by saying "I'll invade an ally." In fact, Obama never said he would "invade" Pakistan, and Hannity's co-host Alan Colmes corrected Hannity and accurately quoted Obama.

Obama said we would attack high-value terrorist targets in Pakistan if he had actionable intelligence and President Musharraf woundn't act. That means that under the right circumstances, Obama would invade an ally. What Hannity said was technically correct. Both sides could spin this and they would be correct.

That's why I said this should be in the humor section.

Buckley was a smarmy asshole but I kinda liked that because I am an asshole too. His progeny sure did spoil with conservatives, eh? I loath Bill Krystol and see his kind as specifically the type who ramrodded the US into Iraq post 9/11. I like Andrew Sullivan because of his log cabin conservatism. I've always enjoyed Pat Buchanan because he is a pretty smart dude for being such an old school bastard.

Buckley was a smarmy asshole but I kinda liked that because I am an asshole too. His progeny sure did spoil with conservatives, eh? I loath Bill Krystol and see his kind as specifically the type who ramrodded the US into Iraq post 9/11. I like Andrew Sullivan because of his log cabin conservatism. I've always enjoyed Pat Buchanan because he is a pretty smart dude for being such an old school bastard.

I don't like Buchanan's politics much, but he has a pretty good sense of humor. Ever see Buchanan on the Ali G show?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blnduEgwBH0]YouTube - Ali G - Pat Buchanan and WMD/BLT's[/ame]

i like Sean Hannity...i find him much more moderate on his radio show similar to Bill O'reilly.

I dont always agree with his positions but I find him entertaining if nothing else.

Media matters of course got it all wrong. They always do. Media Matters calling anyone else a smear merchant is akin to a pot calling a white linen bed sheet black.

There was precisely and exactly one bombing attack that inadvertently killed civilians last year. Not bad at all for a frequently hot war zone. Obama and media Matters tried to portray it as if it were a daily occurrence which it is not.

Obama whether you like it or not has a long and self confessed history of associating not just with Ayres but a good many other far left loons, that he now seems to have thrown them under the bus when it comes time to actually run the country is a good thing. That does not change the fact that in his autobiography he claims to have sought out such people as Ayres and others.

The dude that runs media matters is the personification of the criticism of hannity: X2. Complete ideologue whore.

Forum List

Back