Seamus, gone but not forgotten

Talk about LAME! :lol:

From the OP article:

These numbers suggest that the Seamus story has gotten around enough for people to have a negative view of Romney on dogs, but 51% with no opinion indicates the story hasn't penetrated that deeply yet.

Dems have nothing better to talk about...? :rolleyes:

Romneystationwagon.jpg

“Romney said, "Sometimes when the stories come out in the media, they don't quite get it accurate. The kennel that my family pet used to ride in is enclosed. It's not an open-air kennel. It's enclosed. And there are air vents, of course, in the back. My family pet used to climb up there and lay down on his own. We love our family pets, have always loved our family pets, have nothing but honor and pride in taking care of our great dogs." ”

Brought Family Pets on Family Trips:

“The white Chevy station wagon with the wood paneling was overstuffed with suitcases, supplies, and sons when Mitt Romney climbed behind the wheel to begin the annual 12-hour family trek from Boston to Ontario... The destination for this journey in the summer of 1983 was his parents' cottage on the Canadian shores of Lake Huron. Romney would be returning to the place of his most cherished childhood memories...

“Before beginning the drive, Mitt Romney put Seamus, the family's hulking Irish setter, in a dog carrier and attached it to the station wagon's roof rack. He'd built a windshield for the carrier, to make the ride more comfortable for the dog.

>>>

Governor Romney makes Proclamation in behalf of Dogs:

“In honor of Governor Mitt Romney declaring September 2006 "Responsible Dog Owner's Month, " Representative Jennifer Callahan will be presenting the Governor's proclamation. Dozens of dogs and their owners will be gathered for the event. The MSPCA will be highlighting dogs that are available for adoption. Nationwide, throughout the month of September, the AKC holds events to educate the public on how to responsibly care for their dog. This is the first time the State of Massachusetts has declared "Responsible Dog Owner's Month." ”

Somervilledog.com - September 2006 is Responsible Dog Owners Month - Sep 19, 2006

Romney Administration signs animal cruelty legislation:

“ "Governor Romney and I are committed to fighting animal cruelty and will not stand for the inhumane treatment of animals," said Healey. "By increasing penalties for animal abuse, we will help save pets from cruel treatment."

“The new law charges all individuals who abuse animals with the increased penalties. Under the previous statute, pet owners faced lesser penalties for abusing their animals than individuals who abused animals that did not belong to him or her...

“The law also allows Department of Social Services (DSS) employees to report instances of animal abuse, cruelty or neglect when they are conducting investigations. The DSS employee may report the case to any local animal control authority or organizations that investigate animal abuse within two days of witnessing the abuse.”

myclob.pbworks.com - Romney Administration Signs Animal Cruelty Legislation - Aug 20, 2004

Mitt Romney and Dogs - Record, Personal Life & Pets, Seamus, etc.

“Surprise, surprise, the media didn't get the dog story right. Our dog Seamus rode in an ENCLOSED kennel, not in the open air. And he loved it. Every time he saw it, he jumped up on the tailgate, walked in, and lay down. It was just like the kennel he curled up in at home.” - Ann Romney

MEDIA IGNORED DOG ABUSE:

In contrast to the wide publicity demonstrated in the previous section that was given to a dog's car ride, with nothing but imagined discomfort for the dog, politicians' documented complicity in real and sometimes severe dog abuse has been ignored and dismissed.

The hypocrisy and hollow outrage of Romney's critics are obvious when one considers most of those people fell into two camps.

1.) Democrats, who supported Al Gore's presidency a few years earlier and didn't make a peep when there was clear and well documented neglect and abuse of his dog.

2.) Republicans, many who supported Mike Huckabee and didn't make a peep when it was noted that his son tortured a dog to death and then evidence indicates he sought to downplay or minimize the situation.

Of course there are others, who also got a pass with barely a peep from the press and indignant bloggers, such as Rudy Giuliani, whose wife has caused several dogs to die by performing medical demonstrations on them, and who understandably does not have pets (White House Goes to the Dogs) http://www.presidentialpetmuseum.com/News_abc.htmand former democrat President Lyndon B. Johnson who would lift his dogs up by the ears, causing them to yelp, which he said were yelps of joy and just happy barks. (All the presidents' dogs)
All the presidents' dogs - latimes.com

This is the biggest non-issue ever. Shame on anyone who actually thinks this matters one iota.

68% of voters think it's inhumane to put your dog in a kennel on the roof of your car to only 14% who consider it humane. ...
PPP: Mitt losing must-love-dogs vote - POLITICO.com

I've never even HEARD of anyone strapping a dog in a container to the top of their car, let alone for a 12 hour trip. It's friggin' bizarre.

And what's this nonsense that Mitt's pushing about the container being air tight? Hey, if it was air tight, the dog would suffocate. And dog shit rolling down the back window? That dog (an Irish Setter, I understand) was likely terrified. For cryin' out loud, there was lot's of road noise (and let's not forget that dogs' ears are more sensitive than human ears), carbon monoxide fumes, and lot's of alienation and separation anxiety to deal with.

You've got to question the judgment of any man who does this to a family pet. AND, in light of Romney's statement that he isn't worried about the poor in this country...

That dog didn't have any money of his own, did he? Maybe Mitt would have let the dog ride in the back of the station wagon and strapped the luggage to the top of the car if the dog could have thrown in a few bucks for gas.

Last edited:
68% of voters think it's inhumane to put your dog in a kennel on the roof of your car to only 14% who consider it humane. ...

I've never even HEARD of anyone strapping a dog in a container to the top of their care, let alone for a 12 hour trip. It's friggin' bizarre.

And what's this nonsense that Mitt's pushing about the container being air tight? Hey, if it was air tight, the dog would suffocate. And dog shit rolling down the back window? That dog (an Irish Setter, I understand) was likely terrified. For cryin' out loud, there was lot's of road noise (and let's not forget that dogs' ears are more sensitive than human ears), carbon monoxide fumes, and lot's of alienation and separation anxiety to deal with.

You've got to question the judgment of any man who does this to a family pet. AND, in light of Romney's statement that he isn't worried about the poor in this country...

That dog didn't have any money of his own, did he? Maybe Mitt would have let the dog ride in the back of the station wagon and strapped the luggage to the top of the car if the dog could have threw in a few bucks for gas.

Good points....also, if it were air tight how would the dog shit escape to run down the window?

I've never even HEARD of anyone strapping a dog in a container to the top of their care, let alone for a 12 hour trip. It's friggin' bizarre.

That dog didn't have any money of his own, did he? Maybe Mitt would have let the dog ride in the back of the station wagon and strapped the luggage to the top of the car if the dog could have threw in a few bucks for gas.

Good points....also, if it were air tight how would the dog shit escape to run down the window?
Who said it was air-tight?

What about a man who leaves his dog's wound unattended and it gets maggot infested?

Mitt was too cheap to buy the shit-proof container, I guess. Live and learn.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx90iWuBpMY]romneycare peta campaign ad - YouTube[/ame]

can you imagine the harmony road ads obama is spending a million dollars on now will look like...

Last edited:

Who said it was air-tight?

The kennel that my family pet used to ride in is enclosed. It's not an open-air kennel. It's enclosed. And there are air vents, of course, in the back.

What about a man who leaves his dog's wound unattended and it gets maggot infested?

what about the maggots that post here ??

Last edited:

:lol: Now, you're finally thinking deeply about this...

Governor-Cruelty-Mitt-Romney-Straps-Dog-To-Car-Roof-For-12-Hour-Drive.jpg

^ Does that look airtight to you...???

really? That's the best you got against Romney? No other national issues you'd rather discuss?

obama is going to exploit this to the max... that's when the birth certificate scandal will come out, i predicted it months ago...

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back