SEALs slam Obama for taking credit for bin Laden

IF the mission had failed, who would have gotten the blame: Obama or SEALS...?

Obama for sure.

Wrong.

They'd blame the bad intelligence services......that of course...."were put into place during the Bush Administration".

You and I both know that would be the story.

I think it's a non-issue. I have so much faith in our military and intell services, I dont think they'd suggest going for it if they weren't sure he was there.

McCain wouldn't have gone after Bin Laden without telling the Pakistanis first.

Obama, on the other hand, strikes countries that didn't attack us, AFTER campaigning in 2008 promising to end military actions against countries...that didnt' attack us. Hmmm.

I'd settle for Obama just coming out and saying "After 4 years, I realized how many issues I was wrong about, and couldn't have been right until knowing all I know now." I'd respect that.

You misspelled "Bush".

You missed the "after 2008" part.:cool:

Obama, on the other hand, strikes countries that didn't attack us

:eusa_whistle:

Mission-accomplished.jpg

Romney is doing an appearance with Giuliani tomorrow to celebrate how Romney and Bush killed bin Laden.

If anyone has the right to criticize the President in this, I'd have to say it's the SEALs who did the work.

If the SEALs who did the work were to criticize the President about this, they'd be violating the UCMJ.

The SEALs that are criticizing the President about this are politicians now.

Just going by what I read...

A serving SEAL Team member said: ‘Obama wasn’t in the field, at risk, carrying a gun. As president, at every turn he should be thanking the guys who put their lives on the line to do this. He does so in his official speeches because he speechwriters are smart.

‘But the more he tries to take the credit for it, the more the ground operators are saying, “Come on, man!” It really didn’t matter who was president. At the end of the day, they were going to go.’

I suppose I could have added, "and the politicians should shut their pie holes."

• Thanks
Reactions: del
SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign

Serving and former US Navy SEALs have slammed President Barack Obama for taking the credit for killing Osama bin Laden and accused him of using Special Forces operators as ‘ammunition’ for his re-election campaign.

The SEALs spoke out to MailOnline after the Obama campaign released an ad entitled ‘One Chance’.

In it President Bill Clinton is featured saying that Mr Obama took ‘the harder and the more honourable path’ in ordering that bin Laden be killed. The words ‘Which path would Mitt Romney have taken?’ are then displayed.

Besides the ad, the White House is marking the first anniversary of the SEAL Team Six raid that killed bin Laden inside his compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan with a series of briefings and an NBC interview in the Situation Room designed to highlight the ‘gutsy call’ made by the President.

Video at same link.

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign | Mail Online

All I can say is BRAVO! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:Bravo!

Politically, Obama. Realistically, the military people involved in planning the mission.
That's the facts.

If any active duty SEALS's are, they had best hope they are not publicly identified. Dissing the CiC tends to not go over well in the oval office, regardless of who is in it at the time.

Presidents should have a thick skin. It's part of being presidential.

That has nothing to do with the thickness of their skin.
Oh yes it most certainly does.
Presidents are supposed to maintain, at all times.

Politically, Obama. Realistically, the military people involved in planning the mission.
That's the facts.

Name the military planners blamed for Desert One.

Obama, on the other hand, strikes countries that didn't attack us, AFTER campaigning in 2008 promising to end military actions against countries...that didnt' attack us. Hmmm.

I'd settle for Obama just coming out and saying "After 4 years, I realized how many issues I was wrong about, and couldn't have been right until knowing all I know now." I'd respect that.

You misspelled "Bush".

You missed the "after 2008" part.:cool:

Actually I laughed at that part. Again....you misspelled "Bush".

The official media and Obama story, if it failed, would've been "Bad intelligence, again, from Bush Era intelligence services are to blame" and of course they'd blame torture, Gitmo, Bush again, the CIA, etc, etc.

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign

Serving and former US Navy SEALs have slammed President Barack Obama for taking the credit for killing Osama bin Laden and accused him of using Special Forces operators as ‘ammunition’ for his re-election campaign.

The SEALs spoke out to MailOnline after the Obama campaign released an ad entitled ‘One Chance’.

In it President Bill Clinton is featured saying that Mr Obama took ‘the harder and the more honourable path’ in ordering that bin Laden be killed. The words ‘Which path would Mitt Romney have taken?’ are then displayed.

Besides the ad, the White House is marking the first anniversary of the SEAL Team Six raid that killed bin Laden inside his compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan with a series of briefings and an NBC interview in the Situation Room designed to highlight the ‘gutsy call’ made by the President.

Video at same link.

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign | Mail Online

All I can say is BRAVO! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:Bravo!

That's a blog fool.

‘He's trying to say that Romney wouldn't have made the same call? Anyone who is patriotic to this country would have made that exact call, Democrat or Republican. Obama is taking more credit than he is due but it's going to get him some pretty good mileage.’

Read my Avatar. Romney now says he would do it because Obama already did. Just another flip/flop etch-a-sketch moment. Course, Obama stole his idea to "save" Detroit too. Hilarious. Fools believe anything.

Forum List

Back