Seal team six was endangered by Obama saying who killed Bin Ladin

Yeah, right, that's why the one idiot wrote a book about it.

I saw that guy interviewed the other night and he did not seem like an an idiot... He actually said he wrote the book with the blessing of his fellow soldiers. They felt it was important that he told the story and they trusted that he would be the one to tell it properly...

SEAL's first-hand account of bin Laden killing - CBS News

From Wikipedia:

On August 25, 2012, members of al Qaeda spread Bissonnette's personal information, calling upon militants to exact revenge upon him, identifying him as one responsible for the death of bin Laden.[11]

On August 30, 2012, the Pentagon announced that it was considering legal action against the former U.S. Navy SEAL for material breach of non-disclosure agreements with his first-hand account of the raid that killed Osama bin Laden.[12] The DoD's chief counsel, Jeh Johnson, sent Bissonnette a letter threatening him with legal action in an effort to pressure him and his publisher to withdraw the book from release until it could be vetted by the DoD.[13] According to the DoD, Bissonnette had signed a Classified Information Non-Disclosure Agreement and a 2007 Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Nondisclosure Statement that requires pre-publication security review under certain circumstances. Bissonnette's lawyer, Robert D. Luskin, responded that the non-disclosure statements only require review of items that touch certain, highly classified programs, and Bissonnette's book does not meet that description.[14]

Former SEAL Brandon Webb reported on September 4, 2012, that he had learned through sources in the SEAL community that Bissonnette had decided to write the book based on poor treatment he received from the US Navy shortly before he separated from the service. According to Webb, when Bissonnette told his comrades on SEAL Team Six that he was going to leave the service, he was ostracized by his leadership and ordered to return to his home base even though his unit was in the middle of a training exercise. The book's publisher disputed Webb's account, repeating co-author Maurer's statement that, "After spending several very intense months working with Mark Owen on this book, I know that he wrote this book solely to share a story about the incredible men and women defending America all over the world. Any suggestion otherwise is as ill-informed as it is inaccurate."[15]

On September 4, 2012, Pentagon officials said the author revealed classified information and it could endanger other special operations servicemen. While the Pentagon's assessment of Owen's book goes on, Department of Defense Press Secretary George Little told reporters the department "believe that sensitive and classified information is contained in the book" and called its publication without review the "height of irresponsibility."[16]

In the book, Bissonnette mentions several SEAL-related charities and asks readers to consider donating to those organizations. On 5 September 2012, one of the organizations, the Navy SEAL Foundation, stated that it would refuse to accept any donations related to the book or associated activities.[17] Unnamed retired SEAL officers interviewed by the Washington Times stated that, in their opinion, the book doesn't contain classified information. The officers stated that, nevertheless, they expected the SEAL community to shun Bissonnette because he broke the informal code of silence that DEVGRU members traditionally adhere to.[18]

Yeah, I realize it's extremely controversial and everything, and initially I had the very same reaction to this story that you did, but that interview really left me wondering what to think...

Lovebear, stating that it was SEAL Team 6 only helps if you know who the hell is on what team.

Is anyone around to take your temperature?

Seal team 6 felt threatened and said so. You want to take their temperatures too?

Yeah, right, that's why the one idiot wrote a book about it.

Anonymously to set the record straight because of the bullshit spin the wh is trying to put on it. He's also giving the money to organizations who look out for military people.

Good on him.

Anonymously? Didn't Fox News expose his real name? This makes the OP Fox News "exclusive" seem rather silly. Sounds like Fox News put SEAL Team 6 in danger.

Fox News Reveals Identity Of Seal Team 6 Member Involved In Bin Laden Raid

Last edited:
He didnt NOT have to but he released the group. that is what they went after the GROUP... Not the people who killed Bin Ladin. They were already back in America by then

What information did Obama release?

How would "they" know who the members of "the GROUP" are?
The people in war find out things ALL the time!!! Look how many Afghans we trained and they turned their guns on our guys. These same guys could have went to the taliban to tell them where they are or where they will be.. It is NOT rocket science..

So....you are telling us, in your self-proclaimed "expertise"...that Afghans know who the members of SEAL Team SIX are? You think the SEALS are THAT stupid? How come none of the members of the OBL team were killed in that helo crash in Afghanistan then? You'd think they'd have known who the guys were.......:eusa_whistle:

We know where rocket science does not reside.....:eusa_whistle:

What information did Obama release?

How would "they" know who the members of "the GROUP" are?
The people in war find out things ALL the time!!! Look how many Afghans we trained and they turned their guns on our guys. These same guys could have went to the taliban to tell them where they are or where they will be.. It is NOT rocket science..

I don't think you get it.

The identities of DEVGRU operators are highly classified. So are all their operations.

That information isn't "out there". If it was, that would be a major security issue.

HEY! She's a dependent who lives on a base where SEALS sometimes come and go. SHE KNOWS!!!!!!

They are still QQing about OBL.

The point is....Who was outed?

SEAL Team 6 is comprised of six distinct teams, each with three troops. You are probably looking at 200-250 individuals in SEAL Team 6. How do you know which 30 participated in the OBL Raid? How do you know who the 200+ members are?

Nobody was compromised
So the Seal that called his mother is a liar.. And is also dead along with 29 others.. The whole TEAM can not get on a helicopter. idiot

Let me introduce you to a little legal term called "Hearsay".

Republicans were complaining that Obama was taking credit. Now they are complaining that he is giving credit to the people who actually killed bin Laden. If he wouldn't have given anyone credit I'm sure you would be complaining about something else.

Just make your slogan "Romney/Ryan '12. Because we just don't like Obama."

Exactly. The lying R refuse to give him credit for giving the order. They want to take the credit for doing what they did not do.

Now, this tell-all book DOES give Obama credit so they've got to find some other way to get at the president.

As previously noted, Seal Team 6 is not just six people and no one endangered them.

You rw's should be ashamed of yourselves.

What really stinks is that so many people who SAY they are on the side of Seal Team Six are USING them for their own political gains.

All the president said was that they had gotten bin Laden.

Ever since, the disgusting Repubs and all the little followers (including this article and the shameful book) have tried to cash in on and/or take credit for something they had nothing to do with.

Just like the rw's on this board.

EXCLUSIVE: Parents of SEAL Team Six member say unit endangered by Obama administration statements | Fox News

When I first heard Obama out Seal Team six I was furious. These guys do NOT need a pat on the back. They dont do this for the glory. They do it because they know they have to and they know they can get the job done. All Obama had to say was Special warfare unit. Do you know we have Several Special warfare. But , NO Obama outed them and how many people DIED from Seal Team six in that Helicopter Crash. One son called home and warned his parents his life was in danger and just a few weeks later he was dead
Didn't the guy who killed Bin Ladin go on Howard Stern?

EXCLUSIVE: Parents of SEAL Team Six member say unit endangered by Obama administration statements | Fox News

When I first heard Obama out Seal Team six I was furious. These guys do NOT need a pat on the back. They dont do this for the glory. They do it because they know they have to and they know they can get the job done. All Obama had to say was Special warfare unit. Do you know we have Several Special warfare. But , NO Obama outed them and how many people DIED from Seal Team six in that Helicopter Crash. One son called home and warned his parents his life was in danger and just a few weeks later he was dead
Wasn't in fox news who revealed the identity of the seal team member?
Why is fox blaming Obama for something fox did?

Republicans were complaining that Obama was taking credit. Now they are complaining that he is giving credit to the people who actually killed bin Laden. If he wouldn't have given anyone credit I'm sure you would be complaining about something else.

Just make your slogan "Romney/Ryan '12. Because we just don't like Obama."
why do people use a few assnuggets out there doing stupid shit as if the entire "group" is like that?

god damn i wish people would stop the binary thinking bullshit.

Kind of obvious to me there was a skin for skin deal. The SEALS that were killed in 2011 in that chinook were killed only a few weeks after SEAL Team VI killed bin laden.

We still haven't been told what mission they were on or why they were put on that helicopter to carry it out and how some brown stink bomb just happened to be there with a shoulder thing.

That bitch in a pants suit was making texts and emails on unsecured servers and that has been proven.

Shortly after all that, there was some uranium deal with the Russians. Does anyone here know how blackmail works?

Let me just put it that way. Combine all of that with the political strategy of accusing others of that which you are guilty.

So, when we hear those microphones pick up something being said by the skinny marxist and all of the shady things with hillary, uranium, joe bidens son earning 50k a month for some Ukranian oil company, well we know why they won't fucking stop with accusing Trump of colluding with Russian and Ukraine.

Can you imagine the shit that is being covered up?

Forum List

Back