Seal team six was endangered by Obama saying who killed Bin Ladin

A Member of SEAL Team 6 wrote a book

Blame it on Obama

SEAL Team six is not a group of six guys. It is comprised of several teams who, as a rule are anonymous
This book came out last week. The GUYS died MONTHS ago... The SEALS are NOT stupid to put in anything in the book that is classified. Most things that were in the book was already out!!!

Believe me I KNOW what Seal TEAMS are. My husband was stationed in New Orleans Special boat unit 22 which MANY MANY seals were station.. I AM Not stupid when it comes to the navy .. My husband served 25 years. We do speak ya know. :eusa_whistle:
Since the government is paying your bills why don't you go to school and learn proper English?

Blame it on Obama

SEAL Team six is not a group of six guys. It is comprised of several teams who, as a rule are anonymous

United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NSWDG is divided into color-coded line Teams, which are commanded by senior officers: Red Team (Assault), Blue Team (Assault), Gold Team (Assault Team) and a recently-formed Silver Team (Assault). There is a Gray Team (Boat Crews) and a Black Team (Reconnaissance and Surveillance Team). Each Team is divided into three troops and troops are divided into smaller teams. Each troop has a specific nickname. Examples being Gold-Knights/Crusaders, Red-Indians, Black-Pirates

They are still QQing about OBL.

The point is....Who was outed?

SEAL Team 6 is comprised of six distinct teams, each with three troops. You are probably looking at 200-250 individuals in SEAL Team 6. How do you know which 30 participated in the OBL Raid? How do you know who the 200+ members are?

Nobody was compromised

Yeah, right, that's why the one idiot wrote a book about it.

I saw that guy interviewed the other night and he did not seem like an an idiot... He actually said he wrote the book with the blessing of his fellow soldiers. They felt it was important that he told the story and they trusted that he would be the one to tell it properly...

SEAL's first-hand account of bin Laden killing - CBS News

Blame it on Obama

United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NSWDG is divided into color-coded line Teams, which are commanded by senior officers: Red Team (Assault), Blue Team (Assault), Gold Team (Assault Team) and a recently-formed Silver Team (Assault). There is a Gray Team (Boat Crews) and a Black Team (Reconnaissance and Surveillance Team). Each Team is divided into three troops and troops are divided into smaller teams. Each troop has a specific nickname. Examples being Gold-Knights/Crusaders, Red-Indians, Black-Pirates

They are still QQing about OBL.

The point is....Who was outed?

SEAL Team 6 is comprised of six distinct teams, each with three troops. You are probably looking at 200-250 individuals in SEAL Team 6. How do you know which 30 participated in the OBL Raid? How do you know who the 200+ members are?

Nobody was compromised
So the Seal that called his mother is a liar.. And is also dead along with 29 others.. The whole TEAM can not get on a helicopter. idiot

He didnt NOT have to but he released the group. that is what they went after the GROUP... Not the people who killed Bin Ladin. They were already back in America by then

Yeah, right, that's why the one idiot wrote a book about it.

I saw that guy interviewed the other night and he did not seem like an an idiot... He actually said he wrote the book with the blessing of his fellow soldiers. They felt it was important that he told the story and they trusted that he would be the one to tell it properly...

SEAL's first-hand account of bin Laden killing - CBS News

From Wikipedia:

On August 25, 2012, members of al Qaeda spread Bissonnette's personal information, calling upon militants to exact revenge upon him, identifying him as one responsible for the death of bin Laden.[11]

On August 30, 2012, the Pentagon announced that it was considering legal action against the former U.S. Navy SEAL for material breach of non-disclosure agreements with his first-hand account of the raid that killed Osama bin Laden.[12] The DoD's chief counsel, Jeh Johnson, sent Bissonnette a letter threatening him with legal action in an effort to pressure him and his publisher to withdraw the book from release until it could be vetted by the DoD.[13] According to the DoD, Bissonnette had signed a Classified Information Non-Disclosure Agreement and a 2007 Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Nondisclosure Statement that requires pre-publication security review under certain circumstances. Bissonnette's lawyer, Robert D. Luskin, responded that the non-disclosure statements only require review of items that touch certain, highly classified programs, and Bissonnette's book does not meet that description.[14]

Former SEAL Brandon Webb reported on September 4, 2012, that he had learned through sources in the SEAL community that Bissonnette had decided to write the book based on poor treatment he received from the US Navy shortly before he separated from the service. According to Webb, when Bissonnette told his comrades on SEAL Team Six that he was going to leave the service, he was ostracized by his leadership and ordered to return to his home base even though his unit was in the middle of a training exercise. The book's publisher disputed Webb's account, repeating co-author Maurer's statement that, "After spending several very intense months working with Mark Owen on this book, I know that he wrote this book solely to share a story about the incredible men and women defending America all over the world. Any suggestion otherwise is as ill-informed as it is inaccurate."[15]

On September 4, 2012, Pentagon officials said the author revealed classified information and it could endanger other special operations servicemen. While the Pentagon's assessment of Owen's book goes on, Department of Defense Press Secretary George Little told reporters the department "believe that sensitive and classified information is contained in the book" and called its publication without review the "height of irresponsibility."[16]

In the book, Bissonnette mentions several SEAL-related charities and asks readers to consider donating to those organizations. On 5 September 2012, one of the organizations, the Navy SEAL Foundation, stated that it would refuse to accept any donations related to the book or associated activities.[17] Unnamed retired SEAL officers interviewed by the Washington Times stated that, in their opinion, the book doesn't contain classified information. The officers stated that, nevertheless, they expected the SEAL community to shun Bissonnette because he broke the informal code of silence that DEVGRU members traditionally adhere to.[18]

It was on the 60 minute interview with that Seal team 6 guy

Link?

No he didn't use the exact words "go fuck yourself" but he asked them who pulled the trigger and they wouldn't tell him.

Go to the 60 minutes website or find a copy of last Sundays interview.

Watching it now, but it'd have helped to have known which of the 4 parts. I don't ask for the link cos I can't find it, but so that I can save a bunch of time looking for it.

He didnt NOT have to but he released the group. that is what they went after the GROUP... Not the people who killed Bin Ladin. They were already back in America by then

What information did Obama release?

How would "they" know who the members of "the GROUP" are?
The people in war find out things ALL the time!!! Look how many Afghans we trained and they turned their guns on our guys. These same guys could have went to the taliban to tell them where they are or where they will be.. It is NOT rocket science..

The people in war find out things ALL the time!!! Look how many Afghans we trained and they turned their guns on our guys. These same guys could have went to the taliban to tell them where they are or where they will be.. It is NOT rocket science..

You're completely delusional and paranoid.

Mainly she's just stupid and hates her country unless a Republican is in charge of it.

I don't think you get it.

The identities of DEVGRU operators are highly classified. So are all their operations.

That information isn't "out there". If it was, that would be a major security issue.

Mainly she's just stupid and hates her country unless a Republican is in charge of it.

I would say that she saw a story that said something bad about Obama, and not knowing anything about it, took it at face value due to confirmation bias.

Now, she's stuck.

The identities of DEVGRU operators are highly classified. So are all their operations.

That information isn't "out there". If it was, that would be a major security issue.

This was no ordinary mission. It was the biggest commando raid in history. Telling the American public "Sorry, the information is classified" would not have cut it. SEAL Team 6 rightfully deserved the credit they received. If Obama was informed that identifying "SEAL TEAM 6" would be classified....he would not have released it

Meanwhile, we have a member of the team saying "I shot bin laden"

To compare the risk of the two disclosures is ludicrous

This was no ordinary mission. It was the biggest commando raid in history. Telling the American public "Sorry, the information is classified" would not have cut it. SEAL Team 6 rightfully deserved the credit they received. If Obama was informed that identifying "SEAL TEAM 6" would be classified....he would not have released it

Meanwhile, we have a member of the team saying "I shot bin laden"

To compare the risk of the two disclosures is ludicrous

Not to mention, anyone paying attention would assume that it was DEVGRU or SOG that performed the mission, even without Obama saying so.

Forum List

Back