Seahawks Football

In a change of subject I am reading a lot of very good things about Tyler Lockett and Frank Clark. It could be that Clark's performance in workouts was the reason why they felt safe letting McDaniel go. That and the emergence of Hill last year. Clark is a fast guy and they are playing him at 3-tech. Apparently, Carroll wants speed up the middle

Tyler Lockett could be a game changer just by placing the ball 20-30 yards or more closer to the goal line on punt returns. That is if he gets blocking. Special teams was a glaring hole in last season's starting position after the defense stopped opposing teams. It even led to turn overs as Baldwin gave up the ball at very inopportune times as he made bad decisions attempting to be the return man. Lockett proved at Kansas St that he has a natural talent for taking the ball on punts and kick offs and advancing the ball a long way up the field.

Special teams is so important and the casual fan doesn't understand that.Two season ago we had one of the best (if not the best) special teams int he NFL and it was a major benefit. Last year we were terrible on Special Teams and it put both our offense and defense in positions that were unfavorable to start or defend against a drive. We really need to sort that out and hopefully Lockett will be a big part of that

Well just a few quick takes from the Seahawks pre-season game.

1) What an ugly sloppy game on both sides of the ball. It's the first warm-up game. That will get sorted out.

2) Tyler Lockett is a super stud. I hope he can have the same success as a WR as he showed on special teams.

3) Frank Clark...now we understand why Seattle felt comfortable letting McDaniel go. I saw him show impact both at DE and at DT. Mebane is such a fantastic two-gap player it really opens things up for Seattle to apply inside pressure by shooting the gap with the other DT. I expect to see Hill and Frank Clark do that frequently this year.

4) I am not going to panic about the o-line...yet. I keep in mind they were terrible last year and we damn near won the Super Bowl anyhow. I am very comfortable with Alvin Bailey at LG and Unger was out a lot last year anyhow. Tom Cable is a fantastic o-line coach. He gets his players to perform above their skill set. He will have it worked out by week one of the regular season.

5) I noticed Tye Smith did a decent job in his first game as a rookie. Certainly not ready to start, but he broke up one or two long passes and he kept the ball in front of him and made the stop when the receiver got a grab. He needs to learn to anticipate and prevent the catch in the first place like Sherman, Chancellor, and Thomas do, but for his first game....I saw positive stuff.

1) What an ugly sloppy game on both sides of the ball. It's the first warm-up game. That will get sorted out.

2) Tyler Lockett is a super stud. I hope he can have the same success as a WR as he showed on special teams.

3) Frank Clark...now we understand why Seattle felt comfortable letting McDaniel go. I saw him show impact both at DE and at DT. Mebane is such a fantastic two-gap player it really opens things up for Seattle to apply inside pressure by shooting the gap with the other DT. I expect to see Hill and Frank Clark do that frequently this year.

4) I am not going to panic about the o-line...yet. I keep in mind they were terrible last year and we damn near won the Super Bowl anyhow. I am very comfortable with Alvin Bailey at LG and Unger was out a lot last year anyhow. Tom Cable is a fantastic o-line coach. He gets his players to perform above their skill set. He will have it worked out by week one of the regular season.

5) I noticed Tye Smith did a decent job in his first game as a rookie. Certainly not ready to start, but he broke up one or two long passes and he kept the ball in front of him and made the stop when the receiver got a grab. He needs to learn to anticipate and prevent the catch in the first place like Sherman, Chancellor, and Thomas do, but for his first game....I saw positive stuff.

I am panicking totally about the O-Line. Carroll almost got Wilson killed in the first couple of series.

That was the dumbest experiment I have seen in a long time by the O co-coordinator since the last Wilson play in the SB.

Darrell Bevel must have taken out a life insurance policy on Wilson is all I can figure.

I am panicking totally about the O-Line. Carroll almost got Wilson killed in the first couple of series.

That was the dumbest experiment I have seen in a long time by the O co-coordinator since the last Wilson play in the SB.

Darrell Bevel must have taken out a life insurance policy on Wilson is all I can figure.

Why? Okung, Britt, and Sweezy are the same as last year. Britt and Sweezy have more experience now. It's reasonable to expect they will be better than last year. At LG we had Carpenter and he sucked. Bailey is at least just as good...at least he can't do any worse. Unger was out almost half the year and we did just fine with Lewis and Jean-Pierre. JP will be there if now Noweck and I trust PC to make the call for the better player. So what is really the difference? Bailey at LG vs. Carp at LG. That's the only REAL difference. Is Carp that much better than Bailey? Frankly I think Bailey will be a better player by the middle of the year. I have watched him since we signed him and I have high expectations for him. I don't see a major downgrade here

This article is a couple years old, but its just a fantastic write up. Seahawks fans are truly spoiled by the articles on Fieldgulls that are far and away more indepth than those offered by other team's sites. in this one, Mike Chan breaks down frame by frame the technique Seattle's CBs are taught in order to cover a receiver. Chan does a fantastic job dispelling the myth that the Seahawks "hold on every play" and shows why their coverage technique is perfectly legal (well.....at least technically legal). It also breaks down why size matters. In order to use this technique, you have to be a big guy.

Hope you enjoy.

Richard Sherman Jeremy Lane and the invaluable technique of hand-fighting - Field Gulls

This article is a couple years old, but its just a fantastic write up. Seahawks fans are truly spoiled by the articles on Fieldgulls that are far and away more indepth than those offered by other team's sites. in this one, Mike Chan breaks down frame by frame the technique Seattle's CBs are taught in order to cover a receiver. Chan does a fantastic job dispelling the myth that the Seahawks "hold on every play" and shows why their coverage technique is perfectly legal (well.....at least technically legal). It also breaks down why size matters. In order to use this technique, you have to be a big guy.

Hope you enjoy.

Richard Sherman Jeremy Lane and the invaluable technique of hand-fighting - Field Gulls

Preaching to the choir.

My take-aways from the Seahawks Chargers. I watched the left side of the line (center-left tackle) very closely on offense and on defense I focused on Dion Bailey and the right corner position.

- With Okung out, Alvin Bailey played LT and he did not do well. Last year I was very comfortable with Bailey when he had to fill in on the line, but this year he has not been impressive so far. I saw a lot of pressure come at Wilson from the left and up the gut. Not so much from the right though but I wasn't focused on what was happening on that side. I am concerned about the line but I am still not in panic mode. To me, it is not a question of IF they will gel so much as WHEN they will gel. Will it happen before week one? It had better because the Rams defensive line is nothing to take lightly.

- I have no confidence in Cary Williams at right corner. I thought Simon looked very good against the second string and I am guessing he might get the start next week against Oakland. He is about the only guy I can see being effective there. Now with Thomas out that is really going to change the way the secondary plays. Thomas can cover so much ground and takes such great angles that he allows the right corner and strong safety to "play on a smaller field" so to speak. They can be more aggressive in attacking routes instead of defending them. With Thomas back I imagine performance will improve no matter who is at that position, but Williams and Blackmon are not the answer. I am not sure Simon is either, frankly, but I think he might be our best shot.

- I am comfortable with Dion Bailey at SS with Thomas at FS. See above note about CB. I have been impressed with Bailey's run stopping and in pass protection he keeps the play in front of him and makes the quick stop after the catch. I would like to see him attack the route and break up the pass, but I think the freedom to do that will come with Thomas in the mix. Is he Kam Chancellor? No, but he may just have to do and I think he will do just fine if required.

- My main concern is at nickle where I don't see anyone on our roster that can play that position even adequately. Jeremy Lane is such a master at that position and it requires such a specific skill set....I just don't see another DB on our roster that can do it.

- Love Tyler Lockett and Frank Clark. Cassius Marsh and Kevin Pierre-Lewis looked real good too. The defensive front seven may be the best we have seen so far.

Basically....we have two weeks to solve the o-line problem. I think we can. We have two weeks to find the answer at right corner. I think we might. We have two weeks to find a nickle back. Barring a trade or free agency acquisition, I don't see it happening.

Basically....we have two weeks to solve the o-line problem..

yeah was watching the Hawks game last night when they played my Chargers.That offensive line indeed does not look very good.I would be very concerned about that if I was a Seahawk fan.

they addressed their two weaknesses in the offseason not having a primer receiver filling that void by getting Graham and not having a kicking game threat by drafting Lockett but that offensive line is for sure a weakness no doubt.I could not believe what i was seeing and my Chargers are not that good of a team I can admit that.

yeah was watching the Hawks game last night when they played my Chargers.That offensive line indeed does not look very good.I would be very concerned about that if I was a Seahawk fan.

they addressed their two weaknesses in the offseason not having a primer receiver filling that void by getting Graham and not having a kicking game threat by drafting Lockett but that offensive line is for sure a weakness no doubt.I could not believe what i was seeing and my Chargers are not that good of a team I can admit that.

Well the way Dion Bailey is playing, if I were Seattle I would consider trading Chancellor. He is an all-pro safety. They could get an impact offensive lineman plus a draft pick and get cap relief. I would hate to see Kam go, but it would solve a problem and the drop off from Chancellor to Bailey may not be as much as people think, especially when Thomas returns

Well the way Dion Bailey is playing, if I were Seattle I would consider trading Chancellor. He is an all-pro safety. They could get an impact offensive lineman plus a draft pick and get cap relief. I would hate to see Kam go, but it would solve a problem and the drop off from Chancellor to Bailey may not be as much as people think, especially when Thomas returns

Give him to my chargers.I'll take him.:biggrin: btw,i assume you saw the charger game last night,the entire broadcast?

Frank Clark shines in pre-season:

Clark made 15 tackles (eight solo) in preseason play, the most among all NFL defensive linemen. His two forced fumbles - one against Oakland and the other on a tackle-for-loss that came during Clark's first snap as a Seahawk in the preseason opener against the Denver Broncos - were tied for tops in the League this preseason with three other players (Chris Maragos, Eagles; Damontre Moore, Giants; Shane Ray, Broncos).

Seahawks Rookie Defensive End Frank Clark Off To Strong Start Through Preseason Play

And he is only going to be a backup primarily spelling Mike Bennett. This kid has an unbelievable future in the NFL. It won't be long before he is first in the rotation and then a starter as he develops his skills.

Looks like Christine Michael is gone.
Seahawks trade RB Christine Michael to Cowboys - NFL.com

After all the preseason hype about him for the last couple of years, it's a bit surprising. Just goes to show how meaningless preseason is, as far as player performance. :)

HHHMMMMmm...??? I didn't know that before seeing it here. Good! I was never that impressed with Michaels. He never seemed to have the natural timing to see the holes develop. His ability to bust through the arms of the first guy was non existent. Often he struggled to keep his feet and center of balance underneath him. Also he never seemed to be able to make the right move to take advantage of open space when he occasionally did get past the LOS. Not like Lynch who always seems to make big yardage when he gets into open space.

I wish Rawls was bigger. He has the right attitude but lacks the mass to break tackles. He does have a better North South way of running better than Turbin or Michaels did.

I just saw this commercial. What a great ad!! Best Seahawks commercial I have seen. Can't quit watching it. These neighbors are TOTALLY me.

Lameness!!!

I've got a F 250 4 X 4 painted in Seahawk colors and decals but that's as far as I go. I may find a decal similar to my avie pic and put it on the tail gate but THAT is all the more I will do... Honest...THAT'S IT!

Then I must be lame because I am getting the house painted gray and blue and if I can get a decal like that for the garage door I am on it like a rat on a cheeto lol

Well before the season starts I suppose I will give my pre-season prediction, which is impossible because you never know how things will develop throughout the season with suspensions, injuries, etc. Thus, I reserve the right to change my mind as the season progresses. :D

Week One - @ St. Louis Rams
A scary game. The Rams always play us tough and starting the season with a 10:00 AM road game doesn't help. The o-line progresses last week but I am not yet convinced that they have things in order and that's a terrifying though against the Rams' powerful d-line. For Seattle to survive Long and Donald, et. al. Wilson will have to be hot with scrambling and will have to throw a lot of quick passes to Graham. I don't expect a huge day from Lynch as the Rams always seem to have success containing him. On the other side we are totally dominant. The Rams are starting two rookies at RT and RG and they will be without Todd Gurley and possibly his backup as well. Seattle's from seven has been absolutely dominating in pre-season and I expect it to continue. Foles should be harassed all day long. The difference is Foles has all the mobility of a casaba melon. Our special teams is also superior so I expect a win but a close, low-scoring affair. Let's call it 17-13 Seattle (1-0 / 1-0)

Week Two - @ Green Bay Packers
I don't imagine there is a team outside the NFC North that Packers fans hate as much as Seattle. The Seahawks have won the last three meetings (all in Seattle) and two of them were controversial (Hail Mary win, last year's NFC Championship). With both teams at full strength Seattle is still a better team. We will have to see if Chancellor is back and/or how Dion Bailey plays. One thing worthy of note is that the Seahawks have the best record in the NFL when playing a prime-time featured game. That has not changed in the Pete Caroll era. Despite this, if this was in Seattle I would predict another Seahawks win, but in Green Bay, with a chip on their shoulder and debts to repay, I imagine the Packer will win this one. Oh....say 23-21.(1-1 / 1-0)

Week Three - Chicago Bears
This is in Seattle and the Seahawks are a vastly superior team. I will talk about this match-up more when the game nears, but the Seahawks should win this pretty handily. 27-10 (2-1 / 1-0)

Week Four - Detroit Lions
The Lions are a damned good team and can really create havoc but their big strength is their passing game. Assuming the LOB is performing as we expect, Seattle should be able to limit their aerial attack. I see a big game from Lynch here and historically Seattle is nearly unbeatable on Monday Night Football. Seattle wins 31-24 (3-1 / 1-0)

Week Five - @ Cincinnati Bengals
Yet another 10:00 AM start against a very solid team. Did we piss someone off in the scheduling department? This is another one I will get into in more depth as the game approaches. Cincinnati is good, but Seattle is just too good. Seattle wins 23-16 (4-1 / 1-0)

Week Six - Carolina Panthers
Aside from the Packers hating our guts, they Panthers surely do as well. We have played them an uncharacteristic number of times in the last few years and won all of them, but all were very close, hard-fought wins. Two were decided by late turnovers by Carolina when they were driving at the end of the game. They are sick of losing heartbreakers to us. But this time it's in CLINK and their hearts will have to ache just a little longer. Seattle takes it 20-13 (5-1 / 1-0)

Week Seven @ San Francisco 49ers
Did any team have a more disastrous off-season than the 49ers? I almost feel sorry for them.....almost. Seattle hammers the 9ers 24-10 (6-1 / 2-0)

Week Eight - @ Dallas Cowboys
Dallas won the last meeting. They may have the best o-line in the NFL but they don't have their star running back anymore. This is really a game we should lose if I am being honest about it, but something in my gut tells me we are going to pull this one out. We will break it down as the game approaches, but I am calling this one just on a feeling. Seattle wins 27-24. (7-1 / 2-0)

Week Nine - BYE

Week Ten - Arizona Cardinals
The o-line BETTER have gelled by this time because the Cardinals D is a beast. We have advantages in special teams and the running game, and of course Carson Palmer is brittle as a light bulb. If he is healthy then the complexion of this game changes. Still, it's in Seattle with the Hawks coming off a bye week. Seattle takes it 23-17 (8-1 / 3-0)

Week Eleven - San Francisco 49ers
See above notes on San Francisco. This time it's in Seattle. Make it 38 - 13 Seattle. (9-1 / 4-0)

Week Twelve - Pittsburgh Steelers
I hate the Steelers. It's not just Super Bowl 40 (although that doesn't hurt), it's that I lived in Pittsburgh for a while, I have family in Pittsburgh and I just hate their fans...including my family when it comes to football. Pittsburgh is getting a lot of hype but they don't have enough to beat Seattle at home. Seattle wins 24-17 (10-1 / 4-0)

Week Thirteen - @ Minnesota Vikings
This should be an interesting game. Yet another 10:00 AM road game in an open stadium, in Minnesota, in December. Fuck you scheduling department. Seattle does just fine in cold weather though
I think the Vikings give us a scare but we are just too much for them. Seattle takes it 17-14 (11-1 / 4-0)

Week Fourteen - @Baltimore Ravens
At least it's not at 10:00 AM again. This is a really anticipated game and a possible Super Bowl preview. I would not be doing it justice to break it down now. In short, I don't see us taking this game. Ravens win 20-17 ( 11-2 / 4-0)

Week Fifteen - Cleveland Browns
Couldn't we have gotten the Ravens at home and Cleveland on the road? No such luck. This will be a slaughter. Seattle 31-10 (12-2 / 4-0)

Week Sixteen - St. Louis Rams
See notes on week one but Gurley will be back. Seattle's o-line should be playing decently. It's in Seattle. Seattle gets the sweep 24-16 (13-2 / 5-0)

Week Seventeen - @ Arizona Cardinals
See previous notes on Cardinals. This time it's in Glendale. I don't see it happening. Arizona pisses us off 23-20 (13-3 / 5-1)

Seattle wins division and gets a first round BYE in the playoffs and home field advantage.Seeding as follows:

1. Seattle
2. Green Bay
3. Philadelphia
4. Atlanta
5. Arizona
6. Dallas

Divisional Playoffs - Arizona Cardinals
I see Arizona taking out Atlanta in the Wild Card game bring the Red Birds back to the Pacific Northwest. I don't see Arizona beating Seattle in CLINK unless there are some serious injury concerns. Seattle wins 27-17

NFC Championship - Green Bay Packers
AGAIN? Yeah again. Unlike week two this one is in Seattle. It won't be a repeat of last year. Pete Caroll will remind his team just how close they were to getting beaten last year. With open wounds from their week two loss to Green Bay, Seattle comes out motivated and wins with a solid performance 24-20

Super Bowl 50 - Indianapolis Colts
I will keep this short and sweet. I will love nothing more than watching the Seahawks hoist their second Lombardi Trophy in three years on San Francisco's turf. Last year on Thanksgiving Day we kicked the 49ers ass and polished it off by dining on turkey on their logo. This year we add injury to insult with the championship trophy.

You heard it here first. :D

Top of my Christmas list right there! And they say women get offended at being given kitchenware and appliances. Psssht. I will take two!!
11836838_934839316562536_4512700546406489804_n.jpg

Forum List

Back