Seahawks are The Big Story of this NFL season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
No compelling storylines whatsoever about any of the seven other teams remaining.

What out for Soldiers Field - turf is like an ice skating rink (advantage Bears)

The Frozen Tundra...........

Thought technolgy had advanced from the Ice Bowl GB vs Dallas in 1967.

When they renovated Soldier Field - didnt they put some sort of a heating system under the stadium turf??????????????????????????????????

Brian Urlucher of da Bears was saying what a skating-rink Soldier Field is.

But the Bears practice on it. Seahawks not used to ....................

Last edited:
No compelling storylines whatsoever about any of the seven other teams remaining.

What out for Soldiers Field - turf is like an ice skating rink (advantage Bears)

Um, how about Michael Vicks? When the Bears upset the Patriots in the Rematch Superbowl, that will be a great story! Bears v. Packers NFC Championship game will be a great story! If Brady wins another ring, a fourth ring would be a great story.

Seattle is a shit story! They got lucky win on NO playing like shit. How is a 7-9 team, first team in history to go to the playoff with a losing record a good story? All this story showed is a one flaw in the best sports league in the world!

Um, how about Michael Vicks? When the Bears upset the Patriots in the Rematch Superbowl, that will be a great story! Bears v. Packers NFC Championship game will be a great story! If Brady wins another ring, a fourth ring would be a great story.

Seattle is a shit story! They got lucky win on NO playing like shit. How is a 7-9 team, first team in history to go to the playoff with a losing record a good story? All this story showed is a one flaw in the best sports league in the world!

I said storylines of the remaing playoff teams.

Vick and the Eagles are gone.

Seahawks are still playing -while teams that punked them in the reg season ie KC, NY Giants etc are gone (lots of it was devastating injuries to the Hawks in the WR and OL line positions - are healthy now)

A team in a rebuilding year booting the world champs out of the playoffs proves the NFL does not have a flaw... at least in reguards to playoff seeding.

Chicago v Seattle might be a very good game. Both teams have changed a bunch since the first meeting. Chicago found their run game, Seattle's O-line got healthy (er) and ML found his "beast mode". Both teams can explode in their special teams.

Also well matched QB's and coaches. I hope to see another exciting Seattle win myself. Home field, defense and maybe the weather (a little) tend to favor Chicago. QB playoff experience and the "x factor" of "playing with house money" favors Seattle. Great story, great game ahead I hope.

The potential CBA lockout is going to be *the* NFL storyline in about three weeks.

WWIII between the Ravens and Steelers is a pretty compelling and ongoing saga. Those teams and fans have really grown to hate each other it seems.

Sextgate has been a big story.

Tampa Bay's turnaround has been a big story.

The Packers not only surviving but succeeding through eight first-team injuries has been a big story.

I certainly hope ALL of Chicago including the Bears are so confident they can look head to games that may not even happen. Maybe THAT is one of the reasons the Aints scored 10 points and then thought they were going to have an easy day of it.

You sound pretty confident and dismissive for a Chicagoan that seems to forget The Seahawks already beat your Bears in Soldier Field this year..last year..THIS season....or was that just a practice game...a mulligan?

I'm more excited about this than the 2005 season and the Seahawks run to the Super Bowl..................... (where they got screwed)

Could end up one of the greatest Cinderala stories ever.

No doubt they will beat the Bears

Now if only Green Bay can defeat Atlanta.............................

I'm more excited about this than the 2005 season and the Seahawks run to the Super Bowl..................... (where they got screwed)

Seahawks/Steelers rematch? :eusa_whistle:

I know....I know...I just got done counseling against thinking past the game at hand.

But without getting into the possible match up with Dream Bay the chance to play the NFC Championship game in front of the 12th man is intriguing. THAT would be a HUGE advantage for the Hawks. Even more incentive to whoop Da Bears knowing that winning this game on Sunday leaves the door wide open to a REAL chance at a Superbowl appearance.

And even if they get through that - Hawks would be a huge underdog (deservedly so this time - unlike in 2005) to the AFC champs in the SB.

Think it will be the Pats (Tom Brady -a poor-mans Joe Montana)

Think it will be the Pats (Tom Brady -a poor-mans Joe Montana)

Why every NFL fan (outside New England) with a team still in the playoffs will be rooting for the Jets Jets Jets. Even if no one outside NYC believes they have any kind of shot. Then again, Brady has been knocked out of games before. :eusa_whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back