Seahawks Acquire TE Jimmy Graham from Saints

Just listening to John Clayton and for the first time I heard anyone say the Graham deal is a done deal. I thought Max Unger has to pass his physical but according to Clayton the League has already approved of the trade. John said "it's in the books". I was really sweating it out about if the deal would unravel if the NO doctors nixed Max Unger for some reason. I was of the understanding that Unger would be taking his physical exam this coming week.

Huge sigh of relief.

Can't wait to see Graham catch his first TD in a Hawk uni!

And considering the Pats lost Revis and Browner and Vereen, I'd say the Seahawks are going to be the early favorites to win the SB this year.

EDIT : This assumes that their injured players are able to return, of course.
they lost Browner and Vereen as well? oh man did not know that.I have to believe after knowing this the Ravens will be the new AFC champion this year in the weak AFC.

Vereen is a Giant, I don't remember where Browner went.

Just listening to John Clayton and for the first time I heard anyone say the Graham deal is a done deal. I thought Max Unger has to pass his physical but according to Clayton the League has already approved of the trade. John said "it's in the books". I was really sweating it out about if the deal would unravel if the NO doctors nixed Max Unger for some reason. I was of the understanding that Unger would be taking his physical exam this coming week.

Huge sigh of relief.

Can't wait to see Graham catch his first TD in a Hawk uni!

And considering the Pats lost Revis and Browner and Vereen, I'd say the Seahawks are going to be the early favorites to win the SB this year.

EDIT : This assumes that their injured players are able to return, of course.
they lost Browner and Vereen as well? oh man did not know that.I have to believe after knowing this the Ravens will be the new AFC champion this year in the weak AFC.

Vereen is a Giant, I don't remember where Browner went.

N O

What if Seattle has the best Defense AND Offense in football?????

Would that be fair?

The addition of Graham almost ensures Seahawk Offensive greatness for at least the next two seasons. That's a gimmie.

Why not save the rest of the teams the heartache of even trying to get to the Super Bowl let alone win it. The kindest solution is to just present the Hawks the next two Lombardis and give the other teams time to load up with talent to even have a remote chance of beating Seattle.

I post because I care.

Would that be fair?

The addition of Graham almost ensures Seahawk Offensive greatness for at least the next two seasons. That's a gimmie.

Why not save the rest of the teams the heartache of even trying to get to the Super Bowl let alone win it. The kindest solution is to just present the Hawks the next two Lombardis and give the other teams time to load up with talent to even have a remote chance of beating Seattle.

I post because I care.

Graham makes that a possibility. We need one more explosive receiver and then I think we might have it or at least VERY fucking close to it

Would that be fair?

I post because I care.

Graham makes that a possibility. We need one more explosive receiver and then I think we might have it or at least VERY fucking close to it

That argument is just based on pure greed and selfishness.

If Graham does as I expect he will then John Schneider will FINALLY win manager of the year as he should have the last two seasons. The Hawks will become the only NFL team to ever IMPROVE after two consecutive Super Bowl appearances.

Would that be fair?

I post because I care.

That argument is just based on pure greed and selfishness.

Yeah well I am a greedy and selfish Seahawks fan. Fans of the other 31 teams can deal with it. It took us from 1976 to get to this. They can wait their fucking turn. ;)

Graham will offer Wilson targets he cannot refuse. Russell has been forced to thread needles hoping his receivers have enough moxie to fight for the football. Graham has the physical skills to get separation plus the height to offer a huge target. He will quickly become Russell's favorite receiver. Marshawn Lynch will appreciate Graham also because every team we face will have to put their best linebacker in a space to help contain Graham leaving a softer "Box" for Lynch to punch holes in. Lynch will get more holes and therefore more yards on each running attempt.

If Wilson continues to excel at the read option he will also have more space to run into if he decides to keep the rock.

The most impressive part of going after a super star like Graham is that Schneider and Carroll got past the pain of the Harvin deal and when the opportunity arose to get someone with extraordinary skill they did not hesitate. They "play" the management side of the game with the same verosity that the players do. The "no memory" of a bad play and just keep bringing it for the next opportunity is just as real in Schneider's office as it is on the field when the #1's are playing.

Seattle is clearly bent on building a dynasty. The "Win Forever" mantra is just as real in Schneider's and Carroll's minds as it is in Wilson's and Sherman's and Thomas's and Chancellor's and Lynch's.

If there is any doubt all one needs to look at is how Lynch got on board this season without any drama or holding out as used to be the expected dance to keep him happy. This team EXPECTS to win now and all are on board to make this happen.

Winning consistently can become contagious. Take the attitude that Graham had the second he became a Seahawk. No whining about being traded. The best players want to win. They want to be on the team with the best chance of providing the most opportunity to end the season with a Lombardi and a big huge fat diamond ring to wear proving they are not just great individual players but CHAMPIONS in the NFL which means that the player with the ring was on a team of CHAMPIONS.

Forum List

Back