Sea rises, island disappears

Oh my, here we go again. The referance within the blog was two articles, one in Science, the other in Nature, both peer reviewed journals.

So, you continue to lie about this whole subject. You are a liar, Si Modo. I do not believe for a minute that you are a scientist. All your silly allusions to logic are nothing but obfuscation. You are a politically driven hack.
Yes. It's a blog. YOU did not post and analyse yourself, the two peer-reviewed articles only mentioned in the blog. YOU parroted a blog. YOU either cannot think for yourself and analyse the science for yourself or you are too lazy to do so.

Blogs are not science.

Moron.

I rest my case. Your posts are consistently so full of "logic." Not. If you've got such a strong hands-on scientific opinion, then POST IT!!
As I said, you wouldn't know logic if it was a bus running full speed at you.

Here's a taste of logic - I have NO BURDEN to refute anything you have posted on this topic because you can't even bother to post a proper source to your OP. In summary, your thread is beyond a joke.

I have, and I am not the subject.

However, my point is that few scientists are as incapable of logical thought as you are.

Need I quote your complaint of your incapability to understand my posts when I point out your consistent logical fallacies? Any scientist would cringe at your amateurish posing.

As far as I can tell, from any of your postings I've read, all you do is call people names and accuse them of being idiots because they "don't understand your logical thoughts." Said logic being omitted, however.

Dear, you wouldn't know logic if it was a bus heading full speed toward you. You are a hack.

I see that you are in full seagull-mode, though: swooping into the thread, screeching at so many and shitting all over, now fly away.

:lol: Maggie sure has your MO nailed:lol:

As far as I can tell, from any of your postings I've read, all you do is call people names and accuse them of being idiots because they "don't understand your logical thoughts." Said logic being omitted, however.

Dear, you wouldn't know logic if it was a bus heading full speed toward you. You are a hack.

I see that you are in full seagull-mode, though: swooping into the thread, screeching at so many and shitting all over, now fly away.

Said the other seagull. The island was created by deposits from a river and taken away by the same. No sea level increase. No environmental alarmist crisis.

I stated nothing about said island. What I did do was post articles, or links to articles that showed the acceleration of the present sea level rise.

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/abstract/1135456

Reports
A Semi-Empirical Approach to Projecting Future Sea-Level Rise
Stefan Rahmstorf

A semi-empirical relation is presented that connects global sea-level rise to global mean surface temperature. It is proposed that, for time scales relevant to anthropogenic warming, the rate of sea-level rise is roughly proportional to the magnitude of warming above the temperatures of the pre–Industrial Age. This holds to good approximation for temperature and sea-level changes during the 20th century, with a proportionality constant of 3.4 millimeters/year per °C. When applied to future warming scenarios of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, this relationship results in a projected sea-level rise in 2100 of 0.5 to 1.4 meters above the 1990 level.

NASA GISS: Science Briefs

Since the mid 1990s, GISS scientists have often prepared short articles about their research, sometimes in connection with the publication of journal articles, with the aim of briefly communicating to the public the relevance and even the excitement of our research. These summaries are shorn of most technical language and may be thought of as "popular science" discussions of selected GISS research topics.

Listed below are science briefs written since 2005. Listings for older research are available on separate pages 2000 to 2004 and for 1995 to 1999.

News releases about recent GISS research achievements may be found in the Research News pages. For a thematically organized discussion of research at GISS, please visit our main research topics page.

I stated nothing about said island. What I did do was post articles, or links to articles that showed the acceleration of the present sea level rise.

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/abstract/1135456

Reports
A Semi-Empirical Approach to Projecting Future Sea-Level Rise
Stefan Rahmstorf

A semi-empirical relation is presented that connects global sea-level rise to global mean surface temperature. It is proposed that, for time scales relevant to anthropogenic warming, the rate of sea-level rise is roughly proportional to the magnitude of warming above the temperatures of the pre–Industrial Age. This holds to good approximation for temperature and sea-level changes during the 20th century, with a proportionality constant of 3.4 millimeters/year per °C. When applied to future warming scenarios of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, this relationship results in a projected sea-level rise in 2100 of 0.5 to 1.4 meters above the 1990 level.

NASA GISS: Science Briefs

Since the mid 1990s, GISS scientists have often prepared short articles about their research, sometimes in connection with the publication of journal articles, with the aim of briefly communicating to the public the relevance and even the excitement of our research. These summaries are shorn of most technical language and may be thought of as "popular science" discussions of selected GISS research topics.

Listed below are science briefs written since 2005. Listings for older research are available on separate pages 2000 to 2004 and for 1995 to 1999.

News releases about recent GISS research achievements may be found in the Research News pages. For a thematically organized discussion of research at GISS, please visit our main research topics page.

NO useless you posted an article saying the island sinking was a sign the sea level was rising. Irresponsibly too, the fact is the island didnt sink do to rising sea level but due to its own natural instability. The island appeared in 70's after a storm, and left due to the same instability which brought it here..

Fucking liar! Pathetic little semantic excuses like this disgust me....

Evidence says the sea level is falling at a rate of 1mm per year at present. I posted the source twice, but your inability to accept scientific results not proved by Al Gore inhibits you from getting much out of it Old Rocks.

Evidence says the sea level is falling at a rate of 1mm per year at present. I posted the source twice, but your inability to accept scientific results not proved by Al Gore inhibits you from getting much out of it Old Rocks.

LOL, you know oldsocks gave me negative rep earlier.... HAHAHAHAHAA! what a pathetic POS child.......:lol::lol:

Rocks, you wouldn't know logic, either. Need I copy your complaint about my use of confusing Latin when pointing out your usual logical fallacies? :lol:

I see. The logical fallicy in accepting that physicists would know more about how GHGs function than names on a internet message board.

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

And just what is the American Institute of Physics?

American Institute of Physics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The American Institute of Physics (AIP) is an international body representing physicists and publishing physics-related journals. It was founded in 1931.

As a "society of societies," AIP supports ten member societies and provides a spectrum of services and programs devoted to advancing the science and profession of physics. A pioneer in digital publishing, AIP is also one of the world's largest publishers of physics journals and produces the publications of more than 25 scientific and engineering societies through its New York-based publishing division.

AIP is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit membership corporation created for the purpose of promoting the advancement and diffusion of the knowledge of physics and its application to human welfare. It is the mission of the Institute to serve the sciences of physics and astronomy by serving its member societies, by serving individual scientists, and by serving students and the general public.

Contents [hide]
1 Member societies
2 Affiliated societies
3 List of Publications
4 See also
5 External links

[edit] Member societies
Acoustical Society of America
American Association of Physicists in Medicine
American Association of Physics Teachers
American Astronomical Society
American Crystallographic Association
American Geophysical Union
American Physical Society
AVS: Science & Technology of Materials, Interfaces, and Processing
Optical Society of America
The Society of Rheology

The logical fallicy that an unknown poster would know more than the head of the Goddard Institute for Space Studies, Dr. James Hansen.

That the poster would know more than all the Scientific Societies in the world, more than all the National Academies of Science in the world, more than all the major Universities in the world.

That said poster would be so logical as to never present her evidence on the issue, just stating that "I am a scientist, so I know more about that, and am more logical than you are. Even when I am in disagreement with 99% of the other scientists in the world."

As for the Latin. It is not a logician's debate, it is evidence that we are leaving a dangerously damaged world for our descendents.

An uninhabited island in the Bay of Bengal, which had long been claimed by both India and
Bangladesh, completely disappeared when it was submerged by the rising sea level which ended the dispute over ownership.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia...r-Disputed-island-disappears-under-rising-sea.

Oceans are not rising any faster then before the supposed Global Warming scare started. I wonder where all that supposed melting ice went?

Odd you should state that. Any scientific sources to back that up?

Current sea level rise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about the current and future rise in sea level associated with global warming. For sea level changes in Earth's history, see Sea level - changes through geologic time.

Sea level measurements from 23 long tide gauge records in geologically stable environments show a rise of around 200 millimetres (8 inches) per century, or 2 mm/year.
Changes in sea level since the end of the last glacial episodeCurrent sea level rise has occurred at a mean rate of 1.8 mm per year for the past century,[1][2] and more recently, during the satellite era of sea level measurement, at rates estimated near 2.8 ± 0.4[3] to 3.1 ± 0.7[4] mm per year (1993-2003). Current sea level rise is due significantly to global warming,[5] which will increase sea level over the coming century and longer periods.[6][7] Increasing temperatures result in sea level rise by the thermal expansion of water and through the addition of water to the oceans from the melting of continental ice sheets. At the end of the 20th century, thermal expansion and melting of land ice contributed roughly equally to sea level rise, while thermal expansion is expected to contribute more than half of the rise in the upcoming century.[8] Values for predicted sea level rise over the course of this century typically range from 90 to 880 mm, with a central value of 480 mm. Models of glacial flow give a theoretical maximum value for sea level rise in the current century of 2 metres (and a "more plausible" one of 0.8 metres), based on limitations on how quickly ice can flow.

The BBC's Chris Morris in Delhi says there has never been a permanent settlement on the now-vanished island, which even in its heyday was never more than two metres (about six feet) above sea level.

BBC News - Disputed Bay of Bengal island 'vanishes' say scientists

Have sea levels risen six feet?

The logical fallicy that an unknown poster would know more than the head of the Goddard Institute for Space Studies, Dr. James Hansen.

That the poster would know more than all the Scientific Societies in the world, more than all the National Academies of Science in the world, more than all the major Universities in the world.

That said poster would be so logical as to never present her evidence on the issue, just stating that "I am a scientist, so I know more about that, and am more logical than you are. Even when I am in disagreement with 99% of the other scientists in the world."

As for the Latin. It is not a logician's debate, it is evidence that we are leaving a dangerously damaged world for our descendents.

Yeah you don't know more than Hansen... Nice of you to admit that....

Seriously socks, the guy has already been brought before congress over some of his behavior and policies. And here you are calling me irrefutable...

Keep chanting the mantra you dedicated algorian you...:lol:

I see. The logical fallicy in accepting that physicists would know more about how GHGs function than names on a internet message board.

Ummmm. That would be another one of your strawmen. That's a logical fallacy, by the way. But, it's not Latin, so you have that going for ya. :thup:

If one wishes to discuss science, using logic is not just getting off the starting line, it's a requirement for getting into the stadium. You can't even do that. You're not even a science dilittante, you're a science dilittante wannabe.

Last edited:
Ummm...... OK, show me the lack of logic in the article by the American Institute of Physics.

Remember, I am not claiming to be the scientist, you are. I have just presented the conclusions of a great many very respected scientists and scientific associations. And you seem to be stating that they are all illogical. Hmmm...........

I see. I present the information from real physicists, and your only answer is that it is a logical fallicy.

OK, where is the fallicy.

1. We are seeing a global warming.

2. This warming is affecting everything from ice resevoirs to patterns of precipitations.

3. The primary driver of this warming is GHGs.

4. The primary sources of these GHGs are man's activities.

I see.

And where is the strawman? I ascribed no position to you. Nor did I state anything other than what my opinion is, for I did not link those opinions to any other persons or organizations.

I do believe a strawman is when you set up an opinion that is not stated by the opponent, and then act as if it was as you refute it.

So where is the strawman in those statements. I did not ascribe them to you, I did not even state that you disagreed with any of those statements.

I see.

And where is the strawman? I ascribed no position to you. Nor did I state anything other than what my opinion is, for I did not link those opinions to any other persons or organizations.

I do believe a strawman is when you set up an opinion that is not stated by the opponent, and then act as if it was as you refute it.

So where is the strawman in those statements. I did not ascribe them to you, I did not even state that you disagreed with any of those statements.

LOL, I just busted oldsocks azz hahahahahahahaa!

He cited sourcewatch and I caught them in a bald faced lie using their own references and sources...... HAHAHAHAHAAHA! unbelievable!

Forum List

Back