21.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Long-Spined Sea Urchin of Cancun.png
    Long-Spined Sea Urchin of Cancun.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 78
The Mediterranean Sea from Space
th
500px-Atlantropa.jpg
th

I loaded "colorful sea creatures of the Mediterranean Sea", and here are results:

upload_2019-2-3_18-44-22.jpeg

th
th

th
th
th

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-3_18-45-29.jpeg
    upload_2019-2-3_18-45-29.jpeg
    5.3 KB · Views: 42
Sea Turtle of the Indian Ocean

gerard-soury-green-turtle-java-indian-ocean.jpg

Attachments

• Indian Ocean Fish 1.png
    Indian Ocean Fish 1.png
    124 KB · Views: 34
  • Indian Ocean Fish 2.png
    Indian Ocean Fish 2.png
    35 KB · Views: 36
  • Indian Ocean Fish 5.png
    Indian Ocean Fish 5.png
    39 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
This was a wonderful place to go when I went to a sewing machine reward program by the Pfaff Sewing Machine Co. a few years ago. I recommend turning the sound off, though, but just the vision of it catches the romance of this Oceanario de Lisboa. (Lisbon, Portugal). You get there by train, as it's a few miles from downtown Lisbon. Also, you can set it to full screen.

You want to know 2 really good places to go snorkeling? Shark's Cove, and 3 Tables on the big island of Hawaii.

Does one need to rent a protective cage at Shark's Cove? I'm a bit of a nail biter in snorkeling since I saw a part of Steve Irwin's final video getting attacked by the stingray.

I've always wanted to learn how to go snorkeling and warm-water diving (not too deep, but just to see a reef and the pretty, colorful fish that live there). *sigh*

You want to know 2 really good places to go snorkeling? Shark's Cove, and 3 Tables on the big island of Hawaii.

Does one need to rent a protective cage at Shark's Cove? I'm a bit of a nail biter in snorkeling since I saw a part of Steve Irwin's final video getting attacked by the stingray.

I've always wanted to learn how to go snorkeling and warm-water diving (not too deep, but just to see a reef and the pretty, colorful fish that live there). *sigh*

No, you don't need a cage at Shark's Cove. That is just what they named it. And, in both places, there are sea turtles that come into the areas and swim. You can't touch or bother them, but a lot of times, some will swim up to you just to check you out. And, the corals and reefs are teeming with life. Really pretty there, but it can get kinda scary when you get to the dropoff, because the water goes from a really nice light blue, where you can see the bottom (around 25 ft), then you see the edge of the cliff, and beyond that? Black, dark DEEP water. First time I saw it, it kinda freaked me out.

As far as learning to snorkel? It's not hard, especially if you get one of the newer full face masks, as they have a one way valve that seals itself when you go underwater, so you don't need any special instruction on how to hold your breath when you dive, and how to clear your snorkel when you surface.

Basically, it's just breathing through a tube and swimming. Not really all that hard.

But, if you have big bucks and really want to have fun? They now have a thing called SNUBA that stays on top of the water, and has a hose that is 20 ft long that hooks into a regulator. Kinda like a cross between scuba and snorkeling. But, the classes for SNUBA are shorter (about an hour instruction), and the gear isn't as expensive.

SNUBA Is Basically Scuba Diving, But Way Easier

SNUBA is unique because while underwater activities usually involve long training classes and heavy tanks, SNUBA allows participants to explore the seas without any prior certification. An entire SNUBA adventure -- including learning to SNUBA -- takes about an hour, and it only requires basic swimming skills.

SNUBA does require a floating air supply that sits comfortably above the water, allowing participants to get up close and personal to the marine life around them. Participants are attached to something called a regulator, which allows them to breathe through their mouths.

Even though they're attached to the breathing supply on a raft, SNUBA adventurers can go as deep as 20 feet below the surface.

o-SNUBA-570.jpg

Thanks, BikerSailor.

Not a problem, glad I could help. Been a lot of different places over my 20 years in the Navy, and I never passed up on an opportunity to see something new and cool. Been in castles that were built in the year 900, seen a church the size of a football field, as well as many other things.

And, because I was in the Navy, scuba and snorkeling were 2 things that were kinda in my wheelhouse. I love being in the water.

Best beach I've ever been at? One in Rhodes Greece, where the sand was white, the water was blue, and there was a nice diving platform you could swim out to in 25 ft. deep water.

Forum List

Back