Scumbags??

GWBfan

May 26, 2004
Dallas, TX
Theresa Heinz Ketchup has spoken again and continues to prove her lack of class. She accused those who criticize her as "Scumbags"? ..Erm let's talk about the pot calling the kettle black can we? Even Colmes on the H and C show is disgusted with her and admits she is hurting the Kerry campaign.
OK. Does she look like an honorable First Lady to you (a la Laura) or a disheveled drunk spouting off at the mouth? I pick B. Laura keeps in the sidelines while doing her respectable work. Will the ketchup woman do that? Nope! She will be an embarassment to our country..even if she DOES comb her hair!

I hear ya man. I wouldnt want that ketchuping freak representing my mother and grandmothers and every other respectable woman in the USA. I do agree she has hurt the Kerry campaign. "only and idiot would disapprove my husbands healthcare plan". Well, I guess Im an idiot. Johnny, you just lost my vote because your wife is a foul mouth.

GWBfan said:
Theresa Heinz Ketchup has spoken again and continues to prove her lack of class. She accused those who criticize her as "Scumbags"? ..Erm let's talk about the pot calling the kettle black can we? Even Colmes on the H and C show is disgusted with her and admits she is hurting the Kerry campaign.
OK. Does she look like an honorable First Lady to you (a la Laura) or a disheveled drunk spouting off at the mouth? I pick B. Laura keeps in the sidelines while doing her respectable work. Will the ketchup woman do that? Nope! She will be an embarassment to our country..even if she DOES comb her hair!

Not that I like the ugo any more than you seem to, but I would like see the full artilce. :link:

There is no link. It was on Hannity and Colmes and on the nightly news. I'm sure a search will bring up the info.

I happen to like Heinz Ketchup. :)

I happen to hold little regard for Ms. THK however. She's a prime example of a lady who needs..how do I put this g-rated? Hmm...she needs to get laid. :)

-=d=- said:
I happen to like Heinz Ketchup. :)

I happen to hold little regard for Ms. THK however. She's a prime example of a lady who needs..how do I put this g-rated? Hmm...she needs to get laid. :)

:laugh: Classic example of misdirected frustration.

according to drudge and the pittsburgh press, ketchup lady 'scumbag' quote was taken out of context.

the pittsburgh channel news
PITTSBURGH -- The new issue of the New Yorker magazine contains a detailed profile of Teresa Heinz Kerry, wife of Democratic presidential candidate Sen. John Kerry.

One comment getting attention in the article is a claim that Heinz Kerry called her detractors "scumbags" during an interview last April with Channel 4 Action News anchor Sally Wiggin.

A check of that tape shows that while Heinz Kerry did use the word, it came in the context of discussing what her son Chris called the "noble art of public service."

"I believe there is a nobility in public service. I believe every citizen can be a public servant. And should be," said Heinz Kerry.

Sally Wiggin asked, "Do you think some of the nobility has gone out of public service?"

Sally Wiggin's Interview With Teresa Heinz Kerry, April 2004
More Video From April 2004 Interview

Heinz Kerry said, "Oh, there is a lot of scumbags everywhere. Not just in politics. In everything. There are a lot of immoral people everywhere."

The author of the New Yorker article was allowed by Heinz Kerry to observe the original interview as it was taped.

The magazine did contact Channel 4 Action News to confirm the quote, but the context in the final article gave different shading to the meaning of the remarks.

DKSuddeth said:
according to drudge and the pittsburgh press, ketchup lady 'scumbag' quote was taken out of context.

Personally, I tend to give credence to GWB's interpretation.

I don't believe she was referring to any Democrats.

Just a guess.

:)

Forum List

Back