Scumbag

Well when they come knocking on your door for a warrant to tap your phones and computer...you be sure and let me know. :cool:
That is the point dude. They no longer go that route. They have our information. They are collecting it now as we post here and make phone calls. What guarantees do we have that they will not misconstrue that data for political ends?

When a free society closes and becomes totalitarian, one of the classic moves is to create or exaggerate an outside threat, then arrest individuals who are known dissenters, lawyers, teachers and so on.

Between collecting our data in violation of our 4th amendment rights, the constant drum beat for war and security against terrorists, and the extra ordinary renditions program that throws out the writ of Habeas corpus...I do not believe that our government has our best interest at heart (to put it lightly).

You can make all the smug jokes you want, but you are no safer than I from a fascist schism taking over our society. But based on your posts, it will be welcomed by the likes of you and Allie Baba.

O'Reilly says stupid things all the time.

Rush, I've never caught him saying anything patently stupid. I've seen things he's said be taken out of context, and I've seen him mis-speak (in the true sense of the word, as in leaving out a word or inadvertently using the wrong name). I've seen people lie about things he's said, but I've never heard him say anything truly stupid, except in jest.

Here I thought you were smarter than that. :cuckoo:

That is the point dude. They no longer go that route. They have our information. They are collecting it now as we post here and make phone calls. What guarantees do we have that they will not misconstrue that data for political ends?

When a free society closes and becomes totalitarian, one of the classic moves is to create or exaggerate an outside threat, then arrest individuals who are known dissenters, lawyers, teachers and so on.

Between collecting our data in violation of our 4th amendment rights, the constant drum beat for war and security against terrorists, and the extra ordinary renditions program that throws out the writ of Habeas corpus...I do not believe that our government has our best interest at heart (to put it lightly).

You can make all the smug jokes you want, but you are no safer than I from a fascist schism taking over our society. But based on your posts, it will be welcomed by the likes of you and Allie Baba.

So we're arguing the same thing it seems. :eusa_think:

I just don't feel like giving them extra reason to tap my phone longer than they have to.

Some people think that tapping phones and spying on us is new thing. They've been doing it for years, only now, it's legal.

They can tap my phone all they want, if they want to hear phone call about my bros little league game. But I want to refrain from looking up Islamic Terror sites. :cool:

I prefer to visit the sites and because their freedom of speech is my freedom of speech as well..its also fun to generate keywords like bomb and terrorist..or worse yet liberty or Constitution,,oh ya then there is the CIA and homeland security I send them regular e-mails chronicling their crimes and offering tips on who and what they should investigate internally.freedom of speech use or lose it

Let us know what your request for your NSA file discloses.

:cool:

can you do that ? whats the process ? how long would it take..there have been no men in black visits since my rampage began..not that I know of anyway...I did get one visit from local police once over some e-mails but they polite and non -threatening and agreed I was simply expressing a opinion to a group seeking opinions and no complaint was warranted and left after a few minutes...when ever I'm talking to my friends on the and the subject of news item relating to current politics comes up we like to amuse ourselves by talking a moment to say things like..keyword..... praise.... Ali......keyword ..president..keyword..moron..just in case anyone listening or just to add to the background chatter..yeah their is probably some kind of file don't ya think..? but I have surmised that its so blatant as to be deemed non- threatening protest..

can you do that ? whats the process ? how long would it take..there have been no men in black visits since my rampage began..not that I know of anyway...I did get one visit from local police once over some e-mails but they polite and non -threatening and agreed I was simply expressing a opinion to a group seeking opinions and no complaint was warranted and left after a few minutes...when ever I'm talking to my friends on the and the subject of news item relating to current politics comes up we like to amuse ourselves by talking a moment to say things like..keyword..... praise.... Ali......keyword ..president..keyword..moron..just in case anyone listening or just to add to the background chatter..yeah their is probably some kind of file don't ya think..? but I have surmised that its so blatant as to be deemed non- threatening protest..

well you may or may not have a file. i was playing. but if you want to know,
you have to file a FOI request... contact the agency to find out how. or do some research on FOI requests (those are requests made under the Freedom of Information Law).

have fun....

So we're arguing the same thing it seems. :eusa_think:

I just don't feel like giving them extra reason to tap my phone longer than they have to.

Some people think that tapping phones and spying on us is new thing. They've been doing it for years, only now, it's legal.

They can tap my phone all they want, if they want to hear phone call about my bros little league game. But I want to refrain from looking up Islamic Terror sites. :cool:

Actually, you are kissing the point. There is no person listening to part of your conversation...the entire call is recorded, reviewed by AI software, catalogued & housed by NSA computers...forever.

This violates the Constitution. It makes us less free. And now you are feeding into it. You will not visit Islamic Terror sites. Next you will refrain from anything deemed as terrorists, such as Green Peace, Air America, The Human Rights Foundation, Democracy Now and so on.

So you are not truly free. Are you gladly giving up that freedom? As Ben Franklin stated, "Anyone who gives up a little freedom for a little security, deserves neither."

And, how will you ever understand a Terrorist point of view if you do not read or listen to what they are saying? We should try and understand them if we ever want to resolve the issues that cause radicalization. There must be avenues for open dialogue. If you only listen to one side of an issue (such as the Conservative view of Islamic terrorists) you will never understand that issue and the cycle of violence will continue.

Actually, you are kissing the point. There is no person listening to part of your conversation...the entire call is recorded, reviewed by AI software, catalogued & housed by NSA computers...forever.

Like I said, they can listen all they want, I'm not giving them a reason to come knockin on my door.

This violates the Constitution. It makes us less free. And now you are feeding into it. You will not visit Islamic Terror sites. Next you will refrain from anything deemed as terrorists, such as Green Peace, Air America, The Human Rights Foundation, Democracy Now and so on.
I haven't ties to any of those anyway. Maybe Green Peas...LOL

So you are not truly free. Are you gladly giving up that freedom? As Ben Franklin stated, "Anyone who gives up a little freedom for a little security, deserves neither."

Well ole Franklin is no longer with us...and he's not the judge of whether I get any freedom or not. What are you considering free? I can do whatever I want. And since I don't feel like getting on an Islamic terrorist website...I'm fine. :)

And, how will you ever understand a Terrorist point of view if you do not read or listen to what they are saying? We should try and understand them if we ever want to resolve the issues that cause radicalization. There must be avenues for open dialogue. If you only listen to one side of an issue (such as the Conservative view of Islamic terrorists) you will never understand that issue and the cycle of violence will continue.

Hmm.....terrorist point of view. What's to understand. Kill the infadel!! (Americans, westerners, jews). There's not much to understand. So we can simply "talk" them down. And I'm well aware of the cycle.

Hmm.....terrorist point of view. What's to understand. Kill the infadel!! (Americans, westerners, jews). There's not much to understand. So we can simply "talk" them down. And I'm well aware of the cycle.

you aren't aware of the cycle.

just doomed to repeat it.

you aren't aware of the cycle.

just doomed to repeat it.

Yeah you showed me with that one. I feel dumb as a box of rocks.:rolleyes:
:clap2: Everyone give it up for doeton, he's a "Funny funny....funny guy" (name that quote). He'll be here all week.

I'm well aware of the cycle of terrorism smartass...

The point is, those who have already converted to terrorism, Islamic Extremism, are not going to simply quit terrorizing and attacking westerners based on the fact that you, I, we now understand where they're coming from. "Oh Mr. Terrorist, we're sorry that our government accidently bombed your house and killed your kids, we understand why your mad, forgive us." Don't hold your breath. Not to mention they also have a warped interpretation of the Koran, much like radical militant fundamental Christian groups.

They in turn are going to convince younger muslims the same thing that they have been convinced. And the fact that we fight them, creates more terrorism. And because more terrorism is created, the more rights we loose here at home, and terrorism just spreads. Military action has been proven to increase terrorism (depending on your definition)

Don't flatter yourself by assuming your the only intelligent being on earth.
Just because you've seen "The Kingdom" hollywood motion picture, you think that you're the only one who understands the cycle of terrorism. :cuckoo:

Yeah you showed me with that one. I feel dumb as a box of rocks.:rolleyes:
:clap2: Everyone give it up for doeton, he's a "Funny funny....funny guy" (name that quote). He'll be here all week.

I'm well aware of the cycle of terrorism smartass...

The point is, those who have already converted to terrorism, Islamic Extremism, are not going to simply quit terrorizing and attacking westerners based on the fact that you, I, we now understand where they're coming from. "Oh Mr. Terrorist, we're sorry that our government accidently bombed your house and killed your kids, we understand why your mad, forgive us." Don't hold your breath. Not to mention they also have a warped interpretation of the Koran, much like radical militant fundamental Christian groups.

They in turn are going to convince younger muslims the same thing that they have been convinced. And the fact that we fight them, creates more terrorism. And because more terrorism is created, the more rights we loose here at home, and terrorism just spreads. Military action has been proven to increase terrorism (depending on your definition)

Don't flatter yourself by assuming your the only intelligent being on earth.
Just because you've seen "The Kingdom" hollywood motion picture, you think that you're the only one who understands the cycle of terrorism. :cuckoo:

he never said ..he was the only one who understood he said..you dont
and then you proved his point

That is very short sighted of you. How will we ever eradicate the plague of radicalization if we do not address the issues that cause it. And a lot of what we need to know is blatantly right there on these sites.

Perhaps you prefer to leave it up to government and not think of bad things. It is easier to deal with the world when you only see things as black and white. And look where that has taken us so far.

It is time for sound reason, logic, and ethics to guide us, not ugly rhetoric from a biased view. Yes, Franklin is gone, and so is the liberty that he and his fellow countrymen created.

That is very short sighted of you. How will we ever eradicate the plague of radicalization if we do not address the issues that cause it. And a lot of what we need to know is blatantly right there on these sites.

Perhaps you prefer to leave it up to government and not think of bad things. It is easier to deal with the world when you only see things as black and white. And look where that has taken us so far.

It is time for sound reason, logic, and ethics to guide us, not ugly rhetoric from a biased view. Yes, Franklin is gone, and so is the liberty that he and his fellow countrymen created.

I don't believe that we will ever be able to erradicate terrorism or it's teachings. No matter how much we get to know them, it's not going to change. It's the same way with Radical Fundamentalist Christians. A small percentage of muslims are Radical. There has always been radicals. I understand what your saying, but we (considered infadels by radical muslims) will not be able to convince them that they don't need to be radical. It's like trying to convince a Christian that the devil is a good guy.

I agree with you, but I can't be idealist when it comes to this. The muslims & western nations have been fighting for centuries. It's just a different type of war-fare that's all.

With all do respect, our government agencies have alot more information about Islamic Extremists than you or I will ever have. They are after all in the intelligence business. They may not choose to act on that behalf, but whatever "messages" are in these Islamic Extremists websites, the gov. intelligence agencies have already picked up on it. Just about as much as they know what you cooked for supper last night. :)

he never said ..he was the only one who understood he said..you dont
and then you proved his point

Then you explain the cycle of terrorism eots. Master of the world. I may not have used big terms like you are most likely to use, but it's the same thing. Cycle of Terrorism...try not to google it.

The Cycle of Terrorism

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/04/the_tiny_ticking_time_bombs_in.html

We fight them, they teach their kids, we fight their kids, they teach their kids, we fight their kids, and so on, and so on. Cycle.

The problem is not that it's a cycle, the problem is what is being taught in that cycle. It's not a like a cycle where someoen could clearly explain something, and the cycle stops.

You go over to the ME, find a group of Jihadists, and try to explain to them that you feel for them, and that you understand why they're mad, and you want peace. (Just don't tell them you don't believe in God). Either way, they're going to take you hostage, parade you around for a while, behead you on a video camera. They don't care that you've studied their websites and they could care less if you understand. They have warped views of their religion, much like a radical militant christian groups would kill you for precisely the same reason, cause you're not like them.

I know people personally, that work in counter-terrorism. It's not as easy as you suggest.

The Cycle of Terrorism

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/04/the_tiny_ticking_time_bombs_in.html

We fight them, they teach their kids, we fight their kids, they teach their kids, we fight their kids, and so on, and so on. Cycle.

The problem is not that it's a cycle, the problem is what is being taught in that cycle. It's not a like a cycle where someoen could clearly explain something, and the cycle stops.

You go over to the ME, find a group of Jihadists, and try to explain to them that you feel for them, and that you understand why they're mad, and you want peace. (Just don't tell them you don't believe in God). Either way, they're going to take you hostage, parade you around for a while, behead you on a video camera. They don't care that you've studied their websites and they could care less if you understand. They have warped views of their religion, much like a radical militant christian groups would kill you for precisely the same reason, cause you're not like them.

I know people personally, that work in counter-terrorism. It's not as easy as you suggest.

these relatively small group of terrorist...can be dealt with trough intelligence agency's.. the prior knowledge of ,Oklahoma city..the first wtc attack and 911 are well documented..but no action was taken..people resigned their positions because no one would act..it does not require a military and military budget of world conquest proportions and the lives of thousands..allciaduh was a U.S government creation used for their purposes and are still to this day..also documented

these relatively small group of terrorist...can be dealt with trough intelligence agency's.. the prior knowledge of ,Oklahoma city..the first wtc attack and 911 are well documented..but no action was taken..people resigned their positions because no one would act..it does not require a military and military budget of world conquest proportions and the lives of thousands..allciaduh was a U.S government creation used for their purposes and are still to this day..also documented

I agree...I'm not saying that. You find where I posted that we should go over there and attack them because they are terrorist and they should all die. (I'll give you a dollar if you do). The whole purpose of this post was in regards to Taomon claiming that visiting Jihadists websites are going to help us figure out what they're going through and what they're views are....to solve what, who knows? And that all stemmed from a simple opinion that I don't care to give our government's agencies (right or wrong) extra reason to come knocking on my door. I'm sure regularly visiting Islamic Jihadists websites will do the trick, and I'm sure you (of all people) would agree on that.

You didn't answer my question...what do you suppose is the Cycle of Terrorism, or are you willing to agree that I am very well aware of what the cycle of terrorism is?

Forum List

Back