Scum of the Atlantic Ocean

Maggdy

Silver Member
Apr 14, 2015
TX.
A freaky blanket of foam has emerged menacingly from the Atlantic Ocean, eating up stretches of road in a coastal town in Brittany.

Strong winds have sent heaps of thick foam over the flood walls of Saint Guenole Port and onto the streets of Penmarch.

Don't let Marco Rubio hear about this, in a few hours you'll have a bunch of half-naked men dancing around in the streets with glow sticks.

What is sea foam?Sea foam forms when dissolved organic matter in the ocean is churned up.

If you scoop up some water from the ocean in a clear glass and look at it closely, you'll see that it's chock full of tiny particles. Seawater contains dissolved salts, proteins, fats, dead algae, detergents and other pollutants, and a bunch of other bits and pieces of organic and artificial matter. If you shake this glass of ocean water vigorously, small bubbles will form on the surface of the liquid.

Sea foam forms in this way - but on a much grander scale - when the ocean is agitated by wind and waves. Each coastal region has differing conditions governing the formation of sea foams.

Algal blooms are one common source of thick sea foams. When large blooms of algae decay offshore, great amounts of decaying algal matter often wash ashore. Foam forms as this organic matter is churned up by the surf.

Most sea foam is not harmful to humans and is often an indication of a productive ocean ecosystem.

What is sea foam?

pretty cool to look at.

Thanks, already I find more such pictures

In my opinion that, it is very disgusting and can be contagious. The wind blows dirt is there to the human habitat.

"Coastal cappuccino - so was named the phenomenon, which takes an active part sea foam. This phenomenon is extremely rare. These photos were taken on the coast of Cape Town, South Africa. According to scientists, this phenomenon is the result of large-scale mixing of algae, sea foam, strong wind and waste materials that are in the sea."

Curiosities: Cappuccino Coast

cappuc33.jpg

cappuc44.jpg cappuc36.jpg

Don't let Marco Rubio hear about this, in a few hours you'll have a bunch of half-naked men dancing around in the streets with glow sticks.
Sorry, I do not understand this joke. I do not know that, who the Marko Rubio. And I do not know, what is it the glow sticks

Forum List

Back