Scripture verse

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Are there any scripture verses that have touched your life or that you really enjoy? How about everyone who wants to quotes a verse and shares what they feel about it or how it changed their life.

I dont mind what scriptures you quote. They dont have to be just from the Bible as many religions have scriptures. But whatever happens try to keep focused on how these words uplifted and try not to tear down others. What I am thinking is we can try to uplift each other.

Gen 6:1-4 1 When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days will be a hundred and twenty years." 4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days-- and also afterward-- when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown. (NIV)

2nd Corinthians 9:13

Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ and for your generosity is sharing with them and everyone else.

I don't know how many times I had read that passage, but one day when I read it, I looked at it and thought, that this was what sharing Christ's love was all about, being part of bringing others to the praising of God. I adopted it as my "life verse" that very day... now, if I could only live it to the fullest.

Immie

Love Your Enemies
Matthew 5:43 - 48

43*“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44*But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45*so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46*For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47*And if you greet only your brothers,*[1] what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48*You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

I try to love my enemies. I often fail. It is much easier said than done. Frustration and anger seems to come so quickly at times, it is hard to stifle. So I try harder.

I have passages that I really like from nearly every religious book I've read. I'll start with my own.

Qur'an:

When the sun is folded up,
And when the stars are dispersed,
And when the mountains are made to pass away,
And when the camels are abandoned,
And when the beasts are gathered together,
And when the seas are made to boil,
And when men are united,
And when the one buried alive is asked
For what sin she was killed,
And when the pages are spread,
And when the sky is scraped off,
And when hell is kindled,
And when Paradise is brought nigh --

Every soul will know what it has prepared.

- "The Overthrowing" (81): 1-14.​

Hadith (I don't follow them, but some I like.):

Anas said,

The Messenger of Allah, ﷺ, said - "Help thy brother whether he is the doer of wrong or wrong is done to him."

They (his companions) said, "O Messenger of Allah! We can help a man to whom wrong is done, but how could we help him when he is the doer of wrong?"

He said: "Take hold of his hands from doing wrong."

- Sahih Bukhari, 46:4.​

Forum List

Back