Scriptural Names of Rakshabandhan

raina

Rookie
Jun 12, 2008
The festival is known as Rakhi or Rakshabandhan throughout the country but owing to its various legends and significance rakshabandhan is known by different names in different states of India, by different communities.

Rakshabandhan is primarily a North and West Indian Festival but is celebrated in other parts of India as well though the day of Shravan Purnima or Rakshabandhan has a different significance in southern and coastal regions.

Rakhi - Rakhi is one of the most important festival in India. Festival of Rakhi celebrates the sanctity of the pious relationship that exists between brothers and sisters.

Rakhi Purnima - Rakhi purnima is celebrated in the northern and northwestern parts of India with a lot of zest and esprit. Here Rakshabandhan is the celebration of the chaste bond of love between a brother and a sister.

Share with me more information on the scriptural Names of Rakshabandhan.

The festival is known as Rakhi or Rakshabandhan throughout the country but owing to its various legends and significance rakshabandhan is known by different names in different states of India, by different communities.

Rakshabandhan is primarily a North and West Indian Festival but is celebrated in other parts of India as well though the day of Shravan Purnima or Rakshabandhan has a different significance in southern and coastal regions.

Rakhi - Rakhi is one of the most important festival in India. Festival of Rakhi celebrates the sanctity of the pious relationship that exists between brothers and sisters.

Rakhi Purnima - Rakhi purnima is celebrated in the northern and northwestern parts of India with a lot of zest and esprit. Here Rakshabandhan is the celebration of the chaste bond of love between a brother and a sister.

Share with me more information on the scriptural Names of Rakshabandhan.

That is beautiful. I would have gotten Rosie something for the occasion had I known. She would have loved that.

Forum List

Back