Scriptural evidence of "Left behind"-like Rapture

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
Was watching one of the "left behind" spin-offs, earlier.

Flipping through my Bible and Google, I can't find anything that supports the
millions-vanish-in-the-blink-of-an-eye kind of thing these movies profess.

Are there any believers of this doctrine that would care to defend it?

:confused:

:eusa_angel:

Might I suggest that you visit Tim Lahaye's website?

I've never visited the site so can't promise you will find anything, but here is the link.

https://timlahaye.com/

I've actually read the series and in my opinion they started out really good and then like every series they fell off. The final book, Glorious Appearing is the title I think was a real disappointment.

The series itself was pretty damned good, but it was fictional and has to be read like any good adventure story.

Immie

Might I suggest that you visit Tim Lahaye's website?

I've never visited the site so can't promise you will find anything, but here is the link.

https://timlahaye.com/

I've actually read the series and in my opinion they started out really good and then like every series they fell off. The final book, Glorious Appearing is the title I think was a real disappointment.

The series itself was pretty damned good, but it was fictional and has to be read like any good adventure story.

Immie

Found this remark in his FAQ section:

For example, if the rapture and second coming occur simultaneously, as in posttribulationism, then it seems strange that believers would be translated to heaven (rapture) while Christ is returning to the earth (second coming) to live for 1,000 years. Such a "yo-yo" view of the rapture lacks purpose. Pretribulationism not only does not have such internal problems, instead pretribulationism thrives on its teaching that "the great snatch" precedes the tribulation while the second coming follows it. This article will not be about the many biblical proofs for why the rapture is scheduled to occur before the tribulation. Rather it will discuss some implications of the pre-trib view.

Has he not read 1st Thes. 4:15-17???
15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

:eusa_eh:

Gotta tell you,I've read all the basic scriptures that everyone points to for the rapture but I'm still not convinced. If it happens great, but if it doesn't it won't break my faith.

I was up late reading and I could probably dig around in my history to find the tabs I had opened, but they all basically said that this author's church are the only ones that interpret Daniel, Matthew and Thessalonians that way.

:cool:

Forum List

Back