Screwing up Phrases and Sayings...

Is there a term to describe a particular word order? i.e. 'red, white and blue' or 'salt and pepper' or 'black and white' 'John, Paul, George, and Ringo'

The colors of the flag are still blue, white and red, but we invariably say 'red, white and blue'. We enjoy pepper and salt on corn on the cob just as much as we enjoy salt and pepper.

What is this phenomenon called?

Screwing up Phrases and Sayings...

I will start... Heard this one:

Righteous Indentation.

I wonder what Word they were Screwing up in that one?...

:)

peace...
"Getting the horse before the cart" is actually used a lot, reversing the order of the two.
A few others: "flushing it out" instead of "fleshing it out"
"I could care less" meaning I couldn't care less.

One I like to use: "I resemble that"

Lacksidaisical

It's lax and lackadaisical being mixed together, which are synonyms of each other anyway. Way too many people say it like that too. It's cute how so many people are ALMOST smart.

Is there a term to describe a particular word order? i.e. 'red, white and blue' or 'salt and pepper' or 'black and white' 'John, Paul, George, and Ringo'

The colors of the flag are still blue, white and red, but we invariably say 'red, white and blue'. We enjoy pepper and salt on corn on the cob just as much as we enjoy salt and pepper.

Ever notice married couples? When it is the wife's family, you are Harriet and George. When it is the husband's family, you are George and Harriet.

The Order of the Beatles is a Given... ;)

Is the Flag Order due to "Bleeding Red, White and Blue"?...

As for Salt and Pepper:

When did salt and pepper become a pair? - Slashfood

Or, in the Hood:

salt_n_pepa.jpg

What I NEVER got was that they are both Black...

When I First saw them, it Confused me.

I was Certain this was going to be a Black and a White Girl.

Which Reminds me of the little girls across the Street from where I Grew up who Thought one of their Dogs, Salt or Pepper, I just don't Remember a Quarter of a Century later which little Punting Mutt it was... ANYWAY, they put a Band-aid on one of the Dog's Asshole after Witnessing it Shit in the Yard...

They Thought it was a Wound Apparently.

peace...

deciderer

"I'm going to put people in my place, so when the history of this administration is written at least there's an authoritarian voice saying exactly what happened." --George W. Bush, on what he hopes to accomplish with his memoir, as reported by the Associated Press, Calgary, Canada, March 17, 2009

peace...

Forum List

Back