screw the envirment

sinister59

Rookie
Mar 21, 2011
drill baby drill .

sense I don't have anyone top leave it to ? screw it . parents don't care , they just want their kids to have no debt , living well that not my problem .

good part of ageing at a point there is no point , and people to day can't provide one .

this planet had at least three major extinctions of 90% of life . it always comes back . and it wont miss us at all .

if people want try for their kids why should I ?

drill baby drill .

sense I don't have anyone top leave it to ? screw it . parents don't care , they just want their kids to have no debt , living well that not my problem .

good part of ageing at a point there is no point , and people to day can't provide one .

this planet had at least three major extinctions of 90% of life . it always comes back . and it wont miss us at all .

How can you get the word extinction right, but not "since" or "aging"?

Envirment makes sense, I guess.

The problem for envirponmentalists is this

They are thinking LONG TERM.

But most people live in the SHORT TERM.

Hence tragedies of the commons often show up in environmental issues.

• Banned

those silly environmentalist , long term , ya , we'll be all dead . lol

hey though what will your kids do ? after the now is then ,how long does the now last ?

most people are idiots , they don't think , its either "today is today and I need gas " or well by the time that happens we'll have come up with a solution " LOL funny when are kids are so low on test scores in the first world order . even our so called gifted kids are still only 3rd . so coming up with a fix mite not happen .

environmentalist don't think long term they think in terms of your kids and their kids

short term people are selfish ass wipes .

hey though what will your kids do ? after the now is then ,how long does the now last ?

most people are idiots , they don't think , its either "today is today and I need gas " or well by the time that happens we'll have come up with a solution " LOL funny when are kids are so low on test scores in the first world order . even our so called gifted kids are still only 3rd . so coming up with a fix mite not happen .

environmentalist don't think long term they think in terms of your kids and their kids

You are obviously very judgmental of those that have different views than you. You need to work on that. Things are not always as they seem, that includes your resources, as well as the rest of us.

Long term for the Earth or long term for the human race because if they think the Earth is in any danger from humans, they're loony.

You are obviously very judgmental of those that have different views than you. You need to work on that. Things are not always as they seem, that includes your resources, as well as the rest of us.

really ? tolerant ? ok . but as I said my stay is limited maybe 15 to 20 years if I'm not shot by a angry teabagger .

no kids so no hurry for me . not as the seems ? ok the storms are not more sever , or frequent , season or fine lets all pollute as much as we like , no consequences .

no environment changes going on .

hows that ? sound more like you ?you mite ask relives of the 300 people in the south that were killed in this last storm cell .

in my opinion really this is your problem .

after April can't say weathers not been a bit testy though hay but your opinion is best I shouldn't question it .

bite my ass .

You don't even have to think that long of term if you remember how bad the air was is LA before catalytic converters on cars. LA has a lot more cars but less smog and the effects were dramatic in a pretty short amount of time.

Granny says purt soon there won't be no fish to eat...
:eek:
Mass extinction threatens seas
Thu, Jun 23, 2011 - LETHAL MIX: Scientists say the current combination of low oceanic oxygen levels, acidification and warming were present in all past mass extinction events in the seas
Fish, sharks, whales and other marine species are in imminent danger of an “unprecedented” and catastrophic extinction event at the hands of humankind, and are disappearing at a far faster rate than anyone had predicted, a study of the world’s oceans has found. Mass extinction of species will be “inevitable” if current trends continue, researchers said. Overfishing, pollution, run-off of fertilizers from farming and the acidification of the seas caused by increasing carbon dioxide emissions are combining to put marine creatures in extreme danger, according to the report from the International Programme on the State of the Ocean (IPSO), prepared at the first international workshop to consider all of the cumulative stresses affecting the oceans at Oxford University.

The international panel of marine experts said there was a “high risk of entering a phase of extinction of marine species unprecedented in human history.” They said the challenges facing the oceans created “the conditions associated with every previous major extinction of species in Earth’s history.” “The findings are shocking,” said Alex Rogers, scientific director of IPSO. “As we considered the cumulative effect of what humankind does to the ocean, the implications became far worse than we had individually realized. This is a very serious situation demanding unequivocal action at every level. We are looking at -consequences for humankind that will impact in our lifetime and worse, our children’s and generations beyond that.” The flow of soil nutrients into the oceans is creating huge “dead zones,” where anoxia — the absence of oxygen — and hypoxia — low oxygen levels — mean fish and other marine life are unable to survive there.

Hypoxia and anoxia, warming and acidification are factors present in every mass extinction event in the oceans over the Earth’s history, according to scientific research. About 55 million years ago, as much as half of some species of deep-sea creatures were wiped out when atmospheric changes created similar conditions. In recent years, human effects on the oceans have increased significantly. Overfishing has cut some fish populations by more than 90 percent. Pollutants, including flame-retardant chemicals and detergents, are absorbed into particles of plastic waste in the sea, which are then ingested by marine creatures. Millions of fish, birds and other forms of life are choked or suffer internal ruptures from ingesting plastic waste. During 1998, record high temperatures wiped out about 16 percent of the world’s tropical coral reefs.

Mass extinction threatens seas - Taipei Times

Really? How noble of you.. Is THAT why you favor denying the African Continent the comforts that you enjoy? Is that why YOU DEMANDED more hydro power in the 30's and 40's and NOW want to tear the dams down? Is that why you constantly use fear to bolster your arguments? Aren't we all supposed to be dead by now?

I'm telling you guys -- between GE getting paid GREEN bootie ($100 per dishwasher) so they'd avoid taxes and the messin with folks lightbulbs and toilets, you're getting to be MORE than just a mere annoyance...

And this thread is just the tip of the spear.. Maybe it's time to focus on REAL enviromental solutions?

Which would be?

Oh, i don't know... Off the top of my head -- Ending 45cent/gal ethanol subsidy and going back to the promise of making that stuff out of stinkweed instead of table corn.. That's not gonna happen with a subsidy like that.

ANNNNNND maybe having a "run-off" competition between 3 or 4 of the NEXT GEN. nuclear designs to be completed in less than 4 years so that power companies could get data and judge the viability for themselves.

ANNNNNNND maybe anticipating the general ecological disaster that electric cars and hybrids are gonna bring about when that shit hits the wastestream.. Maybe we ought to design better battery recycling capability.

ANNNND maybe spending much less on pumping out the ole solar and wind designs that now EVERYBODY knows how to make and use that money to figure out how to make HYDROGEN more cheaply so it can be generated by those wind/solar sources and used in fuel cell batteries to get us thru the night. (Instead of schilling for fuel cells that run off Nat Gas)

That's just the stuff that occurs to me now in my brain-adled state.. I'll keep working on that with you... How's that? I'm ALWAYS thinking of ways to improve the environment -- contrary to what you must believe about folks like me.. :eusa_angel:

drill baby drill .

How can you get the word extinction right, but not "since" or "aging"?

Envirment makes sense, I guess.

Guess?

screw the envirment

drill baby drill .

You envir mentalists are a hoot.

Which would be?

Oh, i don't know... Off the top of my head -- Ending 45cent/gal ethanol subsidy and going back to the promise of making that stuff out of stinkweed instead of table corn.. That's not gonna happen with a subsidy like that.

ANNNNNND maybe having a "run-off" competition between 3 or 4 of the NEXT GEN. nuclear designs to be completed in less than 4 years so that power companies could get data and judge the viability for themselves.

ANNNNNNND maybe anticipating the general ecological disaster that electric cars and hybrids are gonna bring about when that shit hits the wastestream.. Maybe we ought to design better battery recycling capability.

ANNNND maybe spending much less on pumping out the ole solar and wind designs that now EVERYBODY knows how to make and use that money to figure out how to make HYDROGEN more cheaply so it can be generated by those wind/solar sources and used in fuel cell batteries to get us thru the night. (Instead of schilling for fuel cells that run off Nat Gas)

That's just the stuff that occurs to me now in my brain-adled state.. I'll keep working on that with you... How's that? I'm ALWAYS thinking of ways to improve the environment -- contrary to what you must believe about folks like me.. :eusa_angel:

Hey OldRocks:

You asked me to ponder up a list. Made me expend calories and sweat.. And no comments? Gee.. That's cold..

Forum List

Back