Screw The Dems, Bush Was Speaking To Iran

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    This has merit:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MzQzMjU0ZWIxNWQyODk1MDdjMWVjNTIwMWI5YWJhOTA=

2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
  3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I'm with you. The title was reflecting the post, I wish I believed it.

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I understand. I hope the author is correct. It's only going ot be too late to act once.

5. 1549

1549 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    The Taliban is gaining strength in Southern Afghanistan
    Our forces in Iraq might as well be Schwarzkopf's proverbial 'dinosaur in the mud'
    Bin Laden and other Al Queda brass are still at large.
    There are rumblings that all of this could be a result of our armed forces being spread too thin.
    So what the fuck? We have already fucked up the middle east, right? What is a little more blood on the hands of the Bush administration?

Mr. President: :finger3:

6. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708

I suppose you advocate that we surrender, withdraw US military forces from across the globe and one all the troops are home we disband the military.

I have news for you...the Middle East was "fucked up" (as you put it) long before this administration came along. The truth is nobody really cared about the Middle East until somebody found oil under all that sand and the Muslims decided that fighting only amongst themselves was no fun.

One more comment: I do not believe the military is spread too thin; I believe they have been handcuffed and restrained from doing whatever it takes to win this war and control that particular country. They have had national support pulled out from under them and in fact, have had the politcally correct, moral relativists, bleeding hearts attempt to remove the national will so vital to their success. You could send 2 million more troops over there and they CANNOT win unless we provide them the assets, the policy, and national resources to do so.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. 1549

1549 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I think that pulling out of Iraq/Afghanistan now would be a terrible thing to do. It would not solve anything. We should not invade Iran at all, but especially not when we still have two unfinished puzzles in the region.

8. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    I tend to agree with you (for the most part). Truthfully, I have not seen too much of a movement pressing for the invasion of Iran. IMO, we are in the "give diplomacy a chance phase" and Iran is playing their hand masterfully. It will not be long before Iran's nuclear capability is fait accompli (sp?).

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Just to add my 2 cents to what the SgtMaj already stated, being spread too thin isn't a problem at all. We could have every swinging d*ck capable of carrying a weapon on the ground in the ME and as long as people such as yourself insist our troops fight by some arbitrary set of rules -- that apparently you apply only to OUR troops -- that the enemy not only has no intention of adhereing to but actually exploit, it will ALWAYS look like we don't have enough troops.

Blaming Bush for a sore that's been festering for decades is nothing more than political hackery. Bush's predecessor had pretty much the same situation and EVERY opportunity to deal with it and did nothing but pay lip service to it for eight years.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I may well be projecting here; My take is that the troops in both Iraq and Afghanistan should be told to 'win' whatever their objective is-no holds barred, within the confines defined from their commanding officers, which should be within the Congressional defined parameters-NOT what the UN decides are 'today's international laws'.