Screen is stretched?

ba1614

Silver Member
May 9, 2009
Deep in the Northern Woods
I admittedly am not a google/search cowboy, but I did try to search for my answer but was unsuccessful.

Viewing a thread I have to keep scrolling to the right, Viewing the topics is fine, it is only when in the thread.

It looks like it is something to do with the user rankings, they repeat numerous times.

I only ask because I'm not having this issue anywhere else.

Sounds like for whatever reason all the images aren't loading, so you're getting the javascript text related to the images instead. Status Icons, and the like. Anything that displays a text when you hover on it.

Hit "reload."

I admittedly am not a google/search cowboy, but I did try to search for my answer but was unsuccessful.

Viewing a thread I have to keep scrolling to the right, Viewing the topics is fine, it is only when in the thread.

It looks like it is something to do with the user rankings, they repeat numerous times.

I only ask because I'm not having this issue anywhere else.

If someone has posted a giant picture, or if their signature is way long, it will stretch out the screen until you reach a page where it's not included in a post. You can always remove the ability to see signatures, which I sometimes do only because I get tired of some of the tomes taking up half a page.

Might try a higher resolution...

... many people run theirs at 800x600...

... but I have found 1024x768 eliminates most scrolling on most websites.
:cool:

Take a gun, blow your computer to smithereens, buy new computer. That should fix the problem.

I will be sure to tell my husband that was the advice it got from you when i am explaining the mess. Mainly because he knows that is just what i want to do at times! I dont think the aftermath would be a "honey can you fix this"

laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif

Text-wrapping into new line in CSS. Text doesn't break out of page-structure.

white-space: pre; /* CSS 2.0 */
white-space: pre-wrap; /* CSS 2.1 */
white-space: pre-line; /* CSS 3.0 */
white-space: -pre-wrap; /* Opera 4-6 */
white-space: -o-pre-wrap; /* Opera 7 */
white-space: -moz-pre-wrap; /* Mozilla */
white-space: -hp-pre-wrap; /* HP Printers */
word-wrap: break-word; /* IE 5+ */

Forum List

Back