Scozzafava backs Owens

I'd say unbelievable....But it's not.

Why is it unbelievable? Who wants fruitcakes like Hoffman representing them?

The people of the 23rd District.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dailypolitics/2009/10/siena-owens-and-hoffman-deadlo.html

This is fucking great. The Beltway GOP is convinced that it must become more liberal to win. Elsewhere, it's apparent that it needs to return to CONSERVATISM to win. So fuck the GOP. If the Conservative Party comes along and kicks its ass, great.

Last edited:
Ame®icano;1671525 said:
She was another trojan horse in Republican Party.

If elected, she would do the same as Arlen Specter.

So, in a district that has never had a Democrat representing it, you prefer to see a Democrat than a moderate Republican representing it? I do not mind that, but that kind of ideologic rigidity destroys political parties.

Ame®icano;1671525 said:

So, in a district that has never had a Democrat representing it, you prefer to see a Democrat than a moderate Republican representing it? I do not mind that, but that kind of ideologic rigidity destroys political parties.
You have zero room to chide anyone about ideological rigidity. :lol:

Ame®icano;1671525 said:

My bunch won big time in the last election. And we are not casting out the Blue Dog Democrats.

Palin is toast with the GOP powers. If Owens wins, she loses, forever.
Starkey with all due respect in this day in time nothing can be counted on or out. I think Palin does have a role to play, a leading role I'm not sure for I for one isn't sold. I don't vote because of an R or D or I anymore. I'm just saying a hell of a lot of people are like myself.

We have not only Bush but yes Obama to thank for that. THey both got massive amounts of people totally fed up. How many, don't know but we will see in the polls Tuesday and 2010.

Terry, I appreciate your balance on this point. Let me amend my statement to "I think that if Owen wins, she loses, forever." My point is that the GOP chieftans are so powerful that I believe they will make deals with the Dems before they let the palinistas have a major role in national politics.

If Owens were to win, I think the teabaggers would spin it as a major coup to have finished in second place.

The Republicans are being torn apart by social conservatives who will not compromise on amy on any of their bell weather issues.

Most of their positions are out of sync with the American public opinion.

The righteous social conservative zealots are tearing the Republican party apart and the entire nation.

Actually, she's a Moderate and Hoffman is a Neocon. So of course she's going to support the Democrat. It has nothing to do with a third party.

With this backing, Owens will win now as I previously predicted.

Republican moderates are neocons.

A Republican moderate is not necessarily or even usually a neocon.

A moderate would support big government, therefore a moderate is a neocon.

First you have to realize that New York has multiple political parties, the Conservative Party in New York is relatively strong for a third party.

Next you have to realize that the Republican nominee was chosen by a few Republicans who appointed her to run. She is extremely liberal; in fact, she is widely considered to be more liberal that Bill Owens who is the Democrat in the race…

The National Republican Party and many Republicans supported Scozzafava in the race; however, Sarah Palin and several other conservatives have backed the Conservative Party candidate over the Republican. Note this is exactly what conservatives need to do.

After reading different columns from both sides of the Isle I think Hoffman will take it. I could be wrong, but this is boiling down to Liberal vs Conservative. And I believe the Conservative will take it. ( Of course I could be wrong, but i think not)

That seems a pretty cogent summary of the race, although I think the race is as likely to go to Owens as to Hoffman - while the district is historically Republican, there was sufficient liberal, progressive and Democratic-leaning turnout last year for Obama to win it (narrowly).

A lot will depend on turnout, and the Conservative Party probably has an advantage there; whether it's enough to overcome splitting the GOP vote (to whatever degree Scozzafava's supporters *do* vote for Owens), I don't know.

I wish she had stayed in the race - it would have made Owens' job a lot easier if Scozzafava were playing the spoiler :evil:

Ame®icano;1671525 said:

Those who venture one letter from the teachings of the faith shall be punished.

She was a Democrat in Republican garb. This electin is already a win from that perspective.

Seriously,how could Newt Gingrich have endorsed this woman? She is now endorsing the Democrat for God's sake. Shame on Newt! I have lost all faith in Newt Gingrich after this debacle. I just put him on my list of phony Republicans who can never be trusted again. Is he still actually calling himself a "Conservative?" Yea he definitely joins frauds like Arlen Specter and Lindsey Graham on the list. Go get em Mr. Hoffman!

Seriously,how could Newt Gingrich have endorsed this woman? She is now endorsing the Democrat for God's sake. Shame on Newt! I have lost all faith in Newt Gingrich after this debacle. I just put him on my list of phony Republicans who can never be trusted again. Is he still actually calling himself a "Conservative?" Yea he definitely joins frauds like Arlen Specter and Lindsey Graham on the list. Go get em Mr. Hoffman!

That tendency traces back pretty far.

My bunch won big time in the last election. And we are not casting out the Blue Dog Democrats.

The only reason that the DNC tolerates the Blue Dogs is because it cannot function without them. The needd the Blue Dogs for a majority.

To pretend otherwise you make yourself look foolish.

Tuesday will be an interesting day.

Forum List

Back