SCOTUS Rules On Race As A Placement Factor

But of course, I on the other hand, am as he has insinuated, a liar?

Actually I believe both you guys. The pissing contests get waring, but must say it's better than the morning rants. More colorful at least. :eusa_clap:

Every major University has Black Study centers, I forget the specific name, they include dorms and include efforts by the black students to discourage any non blacks from using them. Been a fact for quite some time now. You can easily discover this for your self by researching it. But of course you won't because you don't care. It says loads about your knowledge that your not aware of this.

Thats nice. However you stated:

The only segregation occurring in the US now is on College Campuses by Blacks demanding segregated living and studying arrangements.

Meaning there are no other types of segregation in this country.

Now...would you like that to retract that...take my deal...or just continue saying blatant falsehoods?

Every major University has Black Study centers, I forget the specific name, they include dorms and include efforts by the black students to discourage any non blacks from using them. Been a fact for quite some time now. You can easily discover this for your self by researching it. But of course you won't because you don't care. It says loads about your knowledge that your not aware of this.

Actually, this is a lie as well. This was not true at my university. I challenge you to research it and find out where at the University of Santa Cruz they have a black only dorm.

Oh...and my university is pretty much one of the most liberal in the country. So if its as widespread as you claim, it should be there, yes?

Thats nice. However you stated:

Meaning there are no other types of segregation in this country.

Now...would you like that to retract that...take my deal...or just continue saying blatant falsehoods?

I have no intention of changing what I said. Segregation is illegal in the form YOU have argued here, that of race. It does not occur in any meaningful way in the US, or rather when it does, it is always brought out and a court decides the issue. EXCEPT when minorities are the instigators of segregation.

Segregation is illegal in the form YOU have argued here, that of race

No, actually its not.

As I stated before...go to NYC...take the F train up...wait...actually not the F train, the 1 train. Its been a while. Anyway...prime example of segregation.

Or do you think that blacks all living in 1 area and whites all living in another area is NOT segregation?

It does not occur in any meaningful way in the US, or rather when it does, it is always brought out and a court decides the issue.

So you went from it not occuring at all...to not occurring in a "meaningful way". At least you've started to qualify your absurd statements.

EXCEPT when minorities are the instigators of segregation.

No...actually thats usually the only time nowadays that courts rule against it.

The only segregation occurring in the US now is on College Campuses by Blacks demanding segregated living and studying arrangements.

An obvious, and easy, counter-example to your lie.

http://www2.saintmarys.edu/

But of course, I on the other hand, am as he has insinuated, a liar?

If you are claiming that I am an inexpert layman in matters of the middle east and your opinion is just as valid as mine, then if you are NOT a liar, you certainly ARE mistaken.

again... would my opinion of marine corps procedures, policies, history and customs be just as valid as yours?

No, actually its not.

As I stated before...go to NYC...take the F train up...wait...actually not the F train, the 1 train. Its been a while. Anyway...prime example of segregation.

Or do you think that blacks all living in 1 area and whites all living in another area is NOT segregation?

So you went from it not occuring at all...to not occurring in a "meaningful way". At least you've started to qualify your absurd statements.

No...actually thats usually the only time nowadays that courts rule against it.

An obvious, and easy, counter-example to your lie.

http://www2.saintmarys.edu/

Segregation exists. It will be found in any major city. The issue is whether or not school placements should take into account race. SCOTUS said no.

Now, how many think school choice, where parents could influence school placements might be a more fair option? Since our congresspeople do not need to worry about immigration for the next 18 months or so, this might give them something meaningful to do?

If you are claiming that I am an inexpert layman in matters of the middle east and your opinion is just as valid as mine, then if you are NOT a liar, you certainly ARE mistaken.

again... would my opinion of marine corps procedures, policies, history and customs be just as valid as yours?

Since you insist on bring up matter in threads where they are not asked, I will simply tell you to go to the original thread you ask this question in and read my answer there.

And the liar part would be your claim I might not really be a retired Marine simply because you happen to disagree with me. Thus my response NOT to you but Truthdoesntmatter where in he choses to believe you but couldn't bother to indicate if he believed me or your bullshit.

It would be really nice if threads weren't derailed. I had some nice stuff going on Africa and violence, it got lost in the pissing match.

It would be really nice if someone would split these off topic posts to their own thread in the nasty forum?

Segregation exists. It will be found in any major city. The issue is whether or not school placements should take into account race. SCOTUS said no.

Now, how many think school choice, where parents could influence school placements might be a more fair option? Since our congresspeople do not need to worry about immigration for the next 18 months or so, this might give them something meaningful to do?

As I suspected, I read this article and it would be apparent to anyone that had read it also that the matter is NOT dead. One of the 5 agreeing in THESE two cases has stated he would vote differently if the situation was different and compelling.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070628/ap_on_go_su_co/scotus_rdp

So I guess this means only 4 of the Conservative Justices on the Supreme Court are racists? I mean that IS what the implication is from the likes of Truthdoesntmatter isn't it?

So I guess this means only 4 of the Conservative Justices on the Supreme Court are racists?

I haven't read your article, but I'll take a stab at who the swing vote is. Kennedy. And he is not conservative, he is moderate...although he does tend to go conservative more often than not.

Were there any decisions this time around that weren't the 4 liberals vs. the 4 conservatives with Kennedy deciding who wins?

I haven't read your article, but I'll take a stab at who the swing vote is. Kennedy. And he is not conservative, he is moderate...although he does tend to go conservative more often than not.

Were there any decisions this time around that weren't the 4 liberals vs. the 4 conservatives with Kennedy deciding who wins?

Ahh so you ADMIT that when the 5 votes are for what YOU believe all is well even though it was 5-4? But when it is 5-4 against your belief then it is because of those damn racist, ignorant conservatives?

I doubt it, though that's not unusual on the SCOTUS, especially when in process of change. Mind you, if there are no more appointment possibilities and a Democrat wins in 2008, you will be very glad of the narrowness.

Ahh so you ADMIT that when the 5 votes are for what YOU believe all is well even though it was 5-4? But when it is 5-4 against your belief then it is because of those damn racist, ignorant conservatives?

What the fuck are you talking about?

Please, tell me exactly what part of my post you got that deluded crap you just posted from.

I doubt it, though that's not unusual on the SCOTUS, especially when in process of change. Mind you, if there are no more appointment possibilities and a Democrat wins in 2008, you will be very glad of the narrowness.

Not really...the next one to die/retire will probably be...what Stevens? I know the liberal ones are right now much older than the conservatives.

I mean, sure, I'd rather it be narrow than it be all Scalia clones, but at the same time it worries me that every single case seems like its basically coming down to Kennedy...

What the fuck are you talking about?

Please, tell me exactly what part of my post you got that deluded crap you just posted from.

Read the thread if you can, I realize you liberals don't actually read whats written, being able to read between the lines and surmise what was REALLY meant but not written.

Not really...the next one to die/retire will probably be...what Stevens? I know the liberal ones are right now much older than the conservatives.

I mean, sure, I'd rather it be narrow than it be all Scalia clones, but at the same time it worries me that every single case seems like its basically coming down to Kennedy...

Kennedy or whomever, whichever president gets to replace has a change to increase, tie, or change the balance. That's what is wrong when some, from either side, want to change rules when not going the way they want.

posted by Retired

Read the thread if you can, I realize you liberals don't actually read whats written, being able to read between the lines and surmise what was REALLY meant but not written.

I read the thread. This should be fucking obvious considering I've been posting in the thread all along. What, do you think my posts have relevance just by accident? Do you think I randomly quote people and respond to them without reading them?

You "surmised" something from my post which was obviously not there. You got from a simple factual statement about Kennedy and a question about whether there had been any court cases in a particular vein to an absurd statement about your asinine preconceived beliefs about me.

Yes, I am a liberal. However, unlike yourself, I am not a partisan hack. My political beliefs do not mean that I can't "read between the lines". My political beliefs do not mean I can't appreciate someone elses point of view. My political beliefs do not mean I am uneducated, or stupid. Nor, obviously enough but somehow I need to point this out to some of these amazingly intelligent members, does it mean that my head is pointy.

Now, your arrogance would work much better if you were less incoherent. So, I ask again, how the fuck did you get from what I ACTUALLY said (you can quote me...in fact please do) to what you THOUGHT I said (which I specifically said I don't believe)

I read the thread. This should be fucking obvious considering I've been posting in the thread all along. What, do you think my posts have relevance just by accident? Do you think I randomly quote people and respond to them without reading them?

You "surmised" something from my post which was obviously not there. You got from a simple factual statement about Kennedy and a question about whether there had been any court cases in a particular vein to an absurd statement about your asinine preconceived beliefs about me.

Yes, I am a liberal. However, unlike yourself, I am not a partisan hack. My political beliefs do not mean that I can't "read between the lines". My political beliefs do not mean I can't appreciate someone elses point of view. My political beliefs do not mean I am uneducated, or stupid. Nor, obviously enough but somehow I need to point this out to some of these amazingly intelligent members, does it mean that my head is pointy.

Now, your arrogance would work much better if you were less incoherent. So, I ask again, how the fuck did you get from what I ACTUALLY said (you can quote me...in fact please do) to what you THOUGHT I said (which I specifically said I don't believe)

Please, please learn the quote function. It's so much easier for all of us to follow the arguments...

Forum List

Back