Scottish independence

STFU!!!!

What, are you blowing him?
Are you blowing Swagger?

No. Answer the fucken question.
Provide a link proving your assertion.
No.

Next question.
Then it's clear you had no idea what you were talking about.
I gave the explanation to Toro above. I had plenty to base that assumption from.

It wound up being not as close as expected as No won 55-45. Only 4 of 32 council areas voted Yes.

It appears that undecideds broke against succession but a fairly wide margin. In Quebec, undecideds voted 2:1 against, and it appears they did so in Scotland as well.

It'll be interesting to see if it was women who quashed the dream. The last poll I saw had women with a 16 spread favoring NO while the men where 53% in favor of YES. Women are very supportive of dependence on government. I wonder if that 16 point spread held.
Women ultimately favored the No vote by 56 to 44, only slightly more than Scotland as a whole. The real story, I think, is that younger to middle-age voters generally favored the Yes vote, whereas age 65+ plus voters overwhelmingly supported No.
http://www.conservativehome.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Referendum-day-poll-summary-140919.pdf

Intergenerational hate is coming....to the USA too...all thanks to big government.

In Scotland, the Parasites Punished the Productive
Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

As Zero Hedge points out, those on welfare attacked young workers with their votes for union. This is an indication of the coming social unrest. Young working Americans are right to hate the Social Security flat income tax, which is double what it seems to be, since the “employer portion” also comes out of the worker’s wages. Older people are wrong to think they are owed welfare. They are not supposed to rip off the young; they are supposed to love and guide and teach kids. Kids, in return, are supposed to honor and love and learn from their elders. Help in either direction is supposed to be voluntary. Only the State is capable of perverting the natural order to promote intergenerational hate. When the troubles come, in Scotland or here, we have to remember who the villain is. (Thanks to Ursel Doran)

Are you blowing Swagger?

No.

Next question.
I gave the explanation to Toro above. I had plenty to base that assumption from.
No, you simply assumed that Toro was a partisan Democrat. You had nothing to base that assumption on.

Despite Salmond having called the referendum a "once in a lifetime" event you can be sure there's be another one along promptly.

Exactly. Think of it like the Homosexual "Marriage" issue. It's never settled until the Gay Agenda is implemented. California had a referendum, the issue was not passed and the homosexuals kept hammering away.

No.

Next question.
No, you simply assumed that Toro was a partisan Democrat. You had nothing to base that assumption on.
Uh, he and I have conversed before over the years here at USMB. I can take a hint.

Despite Salmond having called the referendum a "once in a lifetime" event you can be sure there's be another one along promptly.

Exactly. Think of it like the Homosexual "Marriage" issue. It's never settled until the Gay Agenda is implemented. California had a referendum, the issue was not passed and the homosexuals kept hammering away.
Are you calling Scots a bunch of fags?

:gay:

T'was buttons wot got Scots to wear kilts.

When zippers were introduced there was great puzzlement for weeks until a particularly canny Scot realized that sheep could hear zippers at 100 yards!

Victoria Shilova, the leader of "Antiwar" movement in Ukraine said today: "Referendum in Scotland has shown a good example of a civilized way to respect a right of a nation for self determination. It's strange that nobody has been bombing Scotland, nobody has declared Scots "separatists" or "terrorists", nobody has burnt them alive. Everything has been the way it should be, because the people respect each other and a human life is the highest value for them.

For some reason British people who condemn the rebels in SE Ukraine, did not want to call Scots bad names or to bomb such a "separatist" Scotland using "Grads"...

All that was possible because Britain is ruled by the people, capable to love their citizens."

SZfnrKhzPeU.jpg

BTW, I was defending myself and Swagger, yah tosser!!!!

You do not need to attack or defend anyone. Just keep the discussion on topic. We can still discuss lots of things like:

- Will England have its on parliament?
- What will be done about disproportionate employment rate between Scotland and England? As you know lots of Scots believe that high employment level in Scotland ends up subsidizing high unemployment in England.
- Will UK take Scottish concerns seriously before embarking on wars that yield no benefits for Scotland?
- Where did the minorities stand on this issue?
- This referendum proves that 45% of Scots are dissatisfied with the union? Can this referendum come about again in a future date?

Victoria Shilova, the leader of "Antiwar" movement in Ukraine said today: "Referendum in Scotland has shown a good example of a civilized way to respect a right of a nation for self determination. It's strange that nobody has been bombing Scotland, nobody has declared Scots "separatists" or "terrorists", nobody has burnt them alive. Everything has been the way it should be, because the people respect each other and a human life is the highest value for them.

For some reason British people who condemn the rebels in SE Ukraine, did not want to call Scots bad names or to bomb such a "separatist" Scotland using "Grads"...

All that was possible because Britain is ruled by the people, capable to love their citizens."

SZfnrKhzPeU.jpg

She is good looking and smart.

No.

Next question.
Uh, he and I have conversed before over the years here at USMB. I can take a hint.

You took the wrong hint.

When this campaign started, it had very little support from the Scots but as it progressed, it gathered momentum. What changed the minds of so many Scots was the abuse that was hurled at general Scottish culture. 45% is a very large segment of the population. If the fundamental concerns of Scots is not addressed then this number can grow. I think entire UK needs to do some soul searching and realize that if they want to live together in a union then there has to be mutual respect for each other.

Scottish independence Andy Murray backs Yes campaign in eleventh hour decision - People - News - The Independent

What a load of crap the union was formed when Scotland went bankrupt and came to England for help. A deal was struck for Scotland to become part of the UK while keeping its own identity and laws. This was acceptable and so Scotland joined the union as an equal partner after England had bailed them out. It was only with the rise of Scots nationalism and the inherent racism produced that certain hot headed Scots decided they wanted to be free of England while still keeping the money flowing in. What should have happened when Scotland devolved from the rest of Britain is the £2500 subsidy granted to every Scot should have ceased and they should have received a proportional amount of the money raised from Scots taxes and the ability to raise their own taxes on top. This would have shown just how much Scotland is indebted to Great Britain and how much the racist SNP is lying to the Scots people.

Both Scotland and England were dirt poor before they started looting other countries. English used the gold and money they looted from their colonies to bribe the Scottish elites who in turn colluded with English in destroying the social fabric of Scotland. That is why Scotland is in a state of confusion today.

It is really 'generous' of England to take away Scotland's resources and in return throw some crumb at them like the subsidy you are talking about.

Scotland was bankrupt in 1700 when it ploughed over half of its capital into the failed Darien scheme, so they had to go cap in hand to the English to bail them out. England never took anything it paid for the oil exploration out of the Unions coffers for the benefit of all British subjects, it was a Scot that gave it away to Europe. But the British government gave the Scots a £2,500 subsidy that they did not give to the English, on top of the oil wealth that went to Aberdeen. They stand to lose all that in their racist greed and good luck to them

Scotland trades little with foreigners, has a trade surplus & it has a high employment rate. England is the exact opposite. England steals wealth created with the blood sweat & tears of others. England engages in massive trading, has a large trade deficit & low employment.

High unemployment actually and a trade deficit as we import most of our goods. But we do have a surplus of the "service industries" making these cheaper for foreign buyers.

He doesn't live in Scotland, and is ineligible to vote for independence.

Probably not but if Scotland is to be run like America he could just walk in and vote. Then, if independence prevails, Connery could run for President with absolutely no concern about citizenship.
Why in the world would Scotland be run like the U.S.? They would retain their parliamentary system, and First Minister Alex Salmond would, presumably, simply become Prime Minister of Scotland, and Queen Elizabeth would become the Queen of Scotland.

So who will fill the position of Queen of England?

It would not be empty as she would be Queen of England as well as the Queen of all the commonwealth countries, including India

He doesn't live in Scotland, and is ineligible to vote for independence.

Probably not but if Scotland is to be run like America he could just walk in and vote. Then, if independence prevails, Connery could run for President with absolutely no concern about citizenship.
Why in the world would Scotland be run like the U.S.? They would retain their parliamentary system, and First Minister Alex Salmond would, presumably, simply become Prime Minister of Scotland, and Queen Elizabeth would become the Queen of Scotland.

So who will fill the position of Queen of England?

It would not be empty as she would be Queen of England as well as the Queen of all the commonwealth countries, including India

I am glad to hear that.

Forum List

Back