Scott Walker's Wackenhut problem

People have a right to organize as a group, and present thier position. that is covered under the first amendment. There is no constitutional requirement, however, that the government, as an employer. has to deal with said group, or listen to them.

The right to collective bargaining in most states is either created by law, or by state constitution.

Then the state has the right to fire all of them.

But to limit their right to collective bargaining, by law is Unconsitutional.

And that is exactly what Wisconsin is trying to do.

Debt is created when you SPEND MORE THAN YOU MAKE.
Spending is the problem.

Yeah, no. There are 2 variables in that equation. Incoming revenue and outgoing expenditures.

When you lower taxes, you lower the amount you "make".

Therefore, if you're going to continue to spend, as all administrations in the past 30 years have, then if you lower taxes you create debt.

"Spending is the problem" is a catch-phrase, not a solution.

No sir.
Econ 101:lower taxes and you take in MORE $ over time.
You get more of what you reward and less of what you punish.
Taxes are punishment on productivity.
Eliminate the capital gains tax and the economy will take of.
You believe that some deserve a bigger piece of the pie.
I want to make the pie BIGGER.

What "econ101?"

That's basically been proven over and over not to be the case.

Again..you lower your revenues stream often?

Exactly.

93% of the National Debt was created by Reagan and the two Bushes lowering taxes for the rich.

Click on the link.. ReaganBushDebt.org

Spending is the problem.

Or cutting revenue without cutting spending.

You're a business man. You cut your revenue often?

Are you claiming that government is the same as private business?
What profit motive does government have when they tax?
If I buy a loaf of bread and pay taxes on that bread and the guy behind me pays the same rate WHY do I pay more for the wages I earn?
If government cuts my taxes then I have more to invest in my business and the economy.
That tax cut to my business creates jobs and MORE taxes than what the cut was.
Proven fact.
Who does a better job with a dollar? Business or government?
If a dollar is left in the economy versus the government confiscating that dollar at the point of a gun, which scenario, the government confiscating that dollar or that dollar staying in the private sector, CREATES MORE JOBS?
Jobs pay taxes. People have jobs.
Spending is the problem. We could tax at 90% for everyone and the government would still spend it all and borrow more.
Cut spending now.

Spending is the problem.

Or cutting revenue without cutting spending.

You're a business man. You cut your revenue often?

Are you claiming that government is the same as private business?

No..basically you are..

Gadawg73 said:
What profit motive does government have when they tax?

Government should have no "profit" motivation. It should, however, be able to keep up with operating expenditure.
Gadawg73 said:
If I buy a loaf of bread and pay taxes on that bread and the guy behind me pays the same rate WHY do I pay more for the wages I earn?
What?

Gadawg73 said:
If government cuts my taxes then I have more to invest in my business and the economy.
That tax cut to my business creates jobs and MORE taxes than what the cut was.
Proven fact.

No it's not. In fact the opposite has been proven. President Bush lowered taxes..companies still fired people while making record profit. They also had regulation softened so they could move operations overseas. We lost over 40K factories and countless manufacturing jobs during the Bush administration.

Gadawg73 said:
Who does a better job with a dollar? Business or government?

Using the last decade as an example..Business did an awful job with the dollar.

Gadawg73 said:
If a dollar is left in the economy versus the government confiscating that dollar at the point of a gun, which scenario, the government confiscating that dollar or that dollar staying in the private sector, CREATES MORE JOBS?

Government doesn't "confiscate" shit. Taxes are part of the powers of Congress. Pick up a Constitution every so often. It's part of the social pact.

Gadawg73 said:
Jobs pay taxes. People have jobs.
Not if there is no hiring.

Gadawg73 said:
Spending is the problem. We could tax at 90% for everyone and the government would still spend it all and borrow more.
Cut spending now.

Growth of the country is the problem. If the country would just stop growing..expenditures wouldn't go up.

No sir.

Only if you believe that the Laffer Curve is in any way accurate, and many economists believe that it is not.

But even if you believe that the Laffer Curve is in fact accurate, the point on the curve where lowering taxes ceases to bring in additional revenue was passed long ago.

Therefore your statement is inaccurate.

And the last time the Capital Gains tax was lowered below the low level it is currently at was in the 1920's, when it was 12%.

This caused massive bubbles to occur, as people borrowed more and more money to invest in the stock market.

Eventually, the great crash of 1929 occurred, followed soon afterwards by the Great Depression.

This is in fact very similar to what just happened with the housing bubble and resulting crash.

Coincidence? I think not.

In addition, reducing the Capital Gains tax across the board does nothing to encourage investment in the United States economy when the Corporations people are investing in simply ship the jobs they create overseas.

Unless there are TARGETED capital gains cuts, as opposed to general cuts, then the only economy you'll be stimulating is that of India, or Singapore, and you'll be reducing revenue dramatically at the same time.

And that's not even taking into account the fact that doing away with the capital gains tax would cause a massive unfair shift of the tax burden to the poor and middle-class.

And that's not even taking into account the fact that doing away with the capital gains tax would cause a massive unfair shift of the tax burden to the poor and middle-class.

What's laughable is that the people who are now crying the most about the deficit, are the very same people that vote for guys like Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush. Both Deficit busters in a very major way. It seems they look at budgets as some sort of magical and mysterious thing..when Republicans are in power..and then start number crunching when Democrats are in power. Paygo was all the rage when Clinton was President..but as soon as Republicans ruled the roost..gone was paygo.

And Bush spent like crazy. He put up a new health benefit, new rules for schools, a brand spanking new government department, he started 2 wars...both of which he sold as temporary. Now we have to finance all of that crap. And we are going to have to deal with 2 or more new military bases in the middle east. None of these guys EVEN remember any of this. In fact..they believe all our money woes started 1/21/2009.

Which..of course..is unmitigated bullshit.

Last edited:
Yeah, no. There are 2 variables in that equation. Incoming revenue and outgoing expenditures.

When you lower taxes, you lower the amount you "make".

Therefore, if you're going to continue to spend, as all administrations in the past 30 years have, then if you lower taxes you create debt.

"Spending is the problem" is a catch-phrase, not a solution.

No sir.

What "econ101?"

That's basically been proven over and over not to be the case.

Again..you lower your revenues stream often?

When I am able to tax my customers as a government entity, print $$ at will and steal $$ from you legally and give it to someone else that may or may not need it your question will maybe have some relevancy.
You know better so quit the BS.
Respectfully, do you know anything about investing? About capital investing, the LIFEBLOOD of this country.
If taxes are high then the ROI (return on investment) is low.
If taxes are low the ROI is much higher.
Now let me appeal to your reason and common sense which I am sure you have plenty of if you get your head out of the sand;
If you have investment dollars what scenario would you be willing to put it in:
A. High capital gains taxes where your ROI WILL NOT BE AS HIGH
or
B. Low or NO capital gains tax where your ROI is greater?
Which scenario CREATES MORE JOBS?
That is ECON 101.
Low taxes ALWAYS produces more investment and more investment CREATES JOBS.
How else are jobs created other than SOMEONE using their hard earned CAPITAL to start a business?
I believe you damn well know this but REFUSE to admit it. You know the facts but your ideology refuses to allow you to admit it.

What's laughable is that the people who are now crying the most about the deficit, are the very same people that vote for guys like Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush. Both Deficit busters in a very major way. It seems they look at budgets as some sort of magical and mysterious thing..when Republicans are in power..and then start number crunching when Democrats are in power. Paygo was all the rage when Clinton was President..but as soon as Republicans ruled the roost..gone was paygo.

And Bush spent like crazy. He put up a new health benefit, new rules for schools, a brand spanking new government department, he started 2 wars...both of which he sold as temporary. Now we have to finance all of that crap. And we are going to have to deal with 2 or more new military bases in the middle east. None of these guys EVEN remember any of this. In fact..they believe all our money woes started 1/21/2009.

Which..of course..is unmitigated bullshit.

That is right. Reagan and Boy George were BIG SPENDERS.
Spending is the problem.
Do you believe taxes will solve the deficit??
High taxes are the problem my man. KILLING my business BIG TIME.
MYTH for the uninformed masses: "The wealthy get big tax breaks":lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
And Elvis is serving waffles in Hahira, Ga.

People have a right to pursue happiness, and keep the fruits of their labor without the lazy poor people straight up STEALING it via the barrel of the government gun. Communism doesn't work. get over it.

Taxation isn't communism. It's right up there with defense in a Constitutional sense.

Actually commies..don't pay taxes.

Yeah um taxes are meant to fund the government in operating within the enumerated powers to maximum efficiency, not for re-distributive purposes. Read some history; you've been had.
Then you have to agree that the G.I. Bill of Rights has to be repealed immediately!

Forum List

Back