Scott Walker shifts stance on immigration at private dinner

Well surprise, surprise, surprise! He was against it before he was for it! Can you say "flip-flopper"?

:)

Scott Walker shifts stance on immigration at private dinner - MarketWatch

"Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker told a private dinner of New Hampshire Republicans this month that he backed the idea of allowing undocumented immigrants to stay in the country and to eventually become eligible for citizenship, a position at odds with his previous public statements on the matter.

Walker’s remarks, which were confirmed by three people present and haven’t been reported previously, vary from the call he has made in recent weeks for “no amnesty”—a phrase widely employed by people who believe immigrants who broke the law by entering the country without permission shouldn’t be awarded legal status or citizenship.

The changing positions by Walker, a likely candidate for the GOP presidential nomination, show the difficulty that some in the Republican Party face as they try to appeal both to the conservative GOP primary electorate—which largely opposes liberalizing immigration laws—and business leaders and general election voters who have been more supportive of granting legal status to undocumented immigrants.
"

Question, did you say the same about Obama and Gay Marriage?

Look over there!

Answer the question kid.....surely you have some integrity?

Deflection via Obama. A typical right-wing tactic. Obama is not the subject of the thread, nor am I. But nice try. I know you must be desperate to defend your golden boy flopper.

wall is not hard to defeat Moonglow , armed patrols and a wall , maybe a minefield or turrets is needed but it'll cost money , I have no problem spending the money . Stop foreign aid is one possibility .

Well surprise, surprise, surprise! He was against it before he was for it! Can you say "flip-flopper"?

"Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker told a private dinner of New Hampshire Republicans this month that he backed the idea of allowing undocumented immigrants to stay in the country and to eventually become eligible for citizenship, a position at odds with his previous public statements on the matter.

Walker’s remarks, which were confirmed by three people present and haven’t been reported previously, vary from the call he has made in recent weeks for “no amnesty”—a phrase widely employed by people who believe immigrants who broke the law by entering the country without permission shouldn’t be awarded legal status or citizenship.

The changing positions by Walker, a likely candidate for the GOP presidential nomination, show the difficulty that some in the Republican Party face as they try to appeal both to the conservative GOP primary electorate—which largely opposes liberalizing immigration laws—and business leaders and general election voters who have been more supportive of granting legal status to undocumented immigrants.
"

He wants money and support from corps. He doesn't really stand for anything other than getting more power. A typical politician.

Exactly why Obama changed his mind on homosexual marriage. DONATIONS $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
they are ALL bought and paid for by someone. but nobody want to hold them to any standard. so it will go on

"

Look over there!

good luck and I wouldn't hold your breath:beer:

The thread is not about me, genius. The fact that you can't address the OP says it all.

This is the problem that Republicans are having. You have to satisfy the wacko base with 'send them back' and 'let them stay' for Republican employers to keep wages down.

Exactly why Obama changed his mind on homosexual marriage. DONATIONS $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
they are bought and paid for by someone. but nobody want to hold them to any standard. so it will go on

Obama's' change was the right thing to do. Walker is pandering to the room.

The correct thing to do with illegal immigration is remove the incentive to come.

they are bought and paid for by someone. but nobody want to hold them to any standard. so it will go on

Obama's' change was the right thing to do. Walker is pandering to the room.

The correct thing to do with illegal immigration is remove the incentive to come.

Not possible without bringing down the standard of living of working Americans, something corporations would love to continue doing.

"

Look over there!

Deflection via Obama. A typical right-wing tactic. Obama is not the subject of the thread, nor am I. But nice try. I know you must be desperate to defend your golden boy flopper.

Meaning as usual the Left has zero integrity, got it

"

Look over there!

I fought long and hard against Bush's amnesty kid, it's called integrity. Our Republican Senator at the time supported so I called our Dem Senator, HE voted against it.

So your charge is baseless ....kid ;)

"

Look over there!

I fought long and hard against Bush's amnesty kid, it's called integrity. Our Republican Senator at the time supported so I called our Dem Senator, HE voted against it.

So your charge is baseless ....kid ;)

You and me both. I sent him a scathing email, I'm surprised I didn't get a visit from the SS. Also on Harriet Miers. and quite a few other things. but see to a dem/liberal they don't care what their elected asses do and contacting them seems to be a foreign concept for them. that's why I think we are fighting a losing batter with the citizens of today. they are not involved and only takes their information from someone else

well since we are worrying over a Republcian shifting their stance. How about we worry about an old Democrat trying to shift her damn car. sheesh

these people are up there making important decisions on your life. you should be real embarrassed

All this deflection. Dishonest and Pathetic.

look, this same thing about Walker has already been posted about 10 TIMES already. so maybe that's why the deflections, the yawning and all that. try the search next time it could save you some time and all the whining
Just a clue. You are new here and you're going find most people here aren't going to jump through hoops because you demand it.

Last edited:

look, this same thing about Walker has already been posted about 10 TIMES already. so maybe that's why the deflections, the yawning and all that. try the search next time it could save you some time and all the whining
Just a clue. You are new here and you're going find most people here aren't going to jump through hoops because you demand it.

Your golden boy Walker is an epic flip-flopper. That is the fact of this thread. No amount of unrelated bullshit you post will change that. Period. Loser.

Your golden boy Walker is an epic flip-flopper. That is the fact of this thread. No amount of unrelated bullshit you post will change that. Period. Loser.

I don't have a boy but, so is your not so golden boy Obama and every other damn Democrat you plan to vote for so give it a rest

Forum List

Back