Scott Stapp's new Single - Out Now

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Fans of Creed may be glad to see their former singer's solo career taking off. Scott Stapp has a new album coming out on 11/22 and the first single from it - "The Great Divide" is up on his website - you can view the video or check out the audio file..

Either way, it's perhaps the best song he's ever written:

http://www.scottstapp.com/music.html

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Scott Stapp and good music don't really come in close proximity to each other in my mind, but good for him.

The ClayTaurus said:
Scott Stapp and good music don't really come in close proximity to each other in my mind, but good for him.

Just like the words "Good judgement of music" and ClayTaurus don't come in close proximity to each other... :p

-Cp said:
Just like the words "Good judgement of music" and ClayTaurus don't come in close proximity to each other... :p

Ha! I'll be the first to tell you I'm a music snob.

(But Scott Stapp, come on man, does the word formulaic mean something?)

The ClayTaurus said:
Ha! I'll be the first to tell you I'm a music snob.

(But Scott Stapp, come on man, does the word formulaic mean something?)

That dude has a great voice and writes some of the most intelligent lyrics I've heard coming out of modern music...

Sorry, guys, I'm with Clay on this one. Creed sucks the big one and the main reason is Scott Stapp.

In my opinion, I mean.

-Cp said:
That dude has a great voice and writes some of the most intelligent lyrics I've heard coming out of modern music...

Absolutely great voice. Totally wasting it.

You could write a Creed song by dumping 200 words into a program and having them randomly spit out. His construction and patterns are all derivative, and his entire catalogue consists of the same type of epic-I'm-so-holy-raaaaarrrrrrrr type posturing.

It's by no means the worst music out there, and I actually like 1 or maybe 2 creed songs, but for the most part, it's predictable power-epic-rock with hints of vulnerability for the ladies. Completely formulaic, and as a result, tired-sounding after the 2nd single comes out.

As I said, I'm a bit of a music snob though, so you might just want to ignore me ;) He obviously has fans doing what he's doing, so I guess I can't blame him for driving in the same rut...

Dan said:
Sorry, guys, I'm with Clay on this one. Creed sucks the big one and the main reason is Scott Stapp.

In my opinion, I mean.

Yeah? And why did Scott make them suck so bad?

And if they sucked as bad as you say they do, why'd they sell 30 Million albums and have four #1 singles off their debut album (tying a record)...

-Cp said:
Yeah? And why did Scott make them suck so bad?

And if they sucked as bad as you say they do, why'd they sell 30 Million albums and have four #1 singles off their debut album (tying a record)...

Often ANYTIME a band gets 'successful' people accuse them of 'selling out'.

Heck, I'd tatoo a pic of jimnyc on my ass if he paid me enough $. :)

Forum List

Back