Scott Pruitt Is Pissing Into The Wind

United States Army Jan. 6,1976 / Dec. 21, 1978... Why don't you change the name when you libs take over again... GWA, and I know you know what the acronym stands for... States Rights for environmental regs...

I haven't the faintest idea what GWA stands for. I could try to look it up.

Hmm... nothing seems apropros.

But, to get back on point, why do you (or the original respondent) want to shut down the EPA? I can see it costs money, but so does everything else. So, that's not an answer.

The EPA doesn't need to be eliminated entirely. Just purged of leftists.

and all rules written go to Congress for a final vote.....

So, I see you're a little weak on how our government works. Regulatory agencies are part of the Executive Branch. If you'd like the Congress to take over the duties of the Executive Branch, you're going to have to make a very large amendment to the US Constitution. And you'd have to be willing for the rate at which congress does productive work to slow several orders of magnitude when you drop the work of several tens of thousands of civil service employees on them.
HAving EPA write law is like having a DEPT of the budget to get around Congress on spending. Needs to stop

The EPA doesn't write laws. Like all regulatory agencies, they write regulations to enforce laws created by Congress and the President.

When Puddles become wetlands.....and habitat with no endangered species on it is classified as critical habitat...thats writing law........writing regulations is writing law. Pretty simple

Then I'm sorry to say you either don't know what you're talking about or you don't care. The EPA is doing nothing more than precisely what all the other regulatory agencies are doing: writing regulations to allow the enforcement of laws written by Congress and signed by the President. Those would be the real laws.

Give us a real reason to shut down the EPA. If you have one.

Then I'm sorry to say you either don't know what you're talking about or you don't care. The EPA is doing nothing more than precisely what all the other regulatory agencies are doing: writing regulations to allow the enforcement of laws written by Congress and signed by the President. Those would be the real laws.

No its expanding its authority.

How? It's authority is defined by the law that created the agency. It cannot rewrite that law. It has been checked more than once by the Supreme Court when it attempted to do something that the Court did not believe it had the authority to do.

Still waiting for an example of a law that the EPA has written.

Still waiting for a reason to shut the EPA down.

s0n.......though brilliant with science stuff, you are very naïve about how bureaucracies work. Most progressives are so you are far from being alone. Go get a book called "American Defense Policy".....written in the early 70's, it is the best book ever written on the subject of bureaucratic inertia. Unless you have read it, you really have no clue what you are talking about regarding United States government regulatory agencies.:bye1:

Forum List

Back